New car choice

In another couple weeks yours truly will be cruising around in a brand new vehicle. Gone is the tired, old, beat to shit Dodge Caravan. In it's place will be a 2010 Nissan Cube. Just took a close look at one today, along with my other choices, and the Cube is the hands down winner. Not only do I like the look best of the four vehicles I was considering, but I am getting the best deal on it, as well. So all that remains is this:

Who wants a rusting, clapped out mini-van for very little $$$? :D

Comments

• nissan-cube.jpg

Note to Drtyore: You are no longer have the worst looking car on CPF.

Sorry Milo. This *car* just doesn't turn me on. All the best though :)
  • Do you live here?

habitat-67.jpg
  • u guys are mean.... lol...
  • The "oddness" is why I love it so . . . I have always loved the cars that were "different" looking. Subaru's XT6, the Ford XR4Ti (Merkur), the new (and old) Beetle. Hell, I even like Mark's car. Besides, I now have the best of all possible bumper stickers. After all . . .

Resistance is futile. ;)
  • devo-mobile!
  • Devin can buy his own damn wheels . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Resistance is futile. ;)

lol...BORG MOBILE! ....please tell me you bought The Cube in black.
  • Its kinda like a big scion...

newscion.jpg
  • I just bought a montana for the family they all love it. The cube dose look cool though. Maybe mid-life crisis?
  • PPV, I mean this with all the sincerity that a superficial twit like me can muster: FUCK YOU. :D
    I'm at least six months away from a mid-life crisis.

Seriously, though, I did the mini-van thing already, and wanted something different and unique. And I do like the Scion, but it is not available in Canada yet. Judging from the comments so far, I think I have succeeded gloriously. As for the colour, I am looking at either Platinum (dk. silver, really) or Espresso Bean (a brown so dark I thought it was black).
  • At least the thing won't roll...only tumble.

It will very efficiently hold a large number of cocaine bricks

Pull up to a bank in a uniform, walk in and say 'I'm here for the pickup - Brinks downsized'.

You can park at the UofW and it won't look out of place.

It will very efficiently kill thousands of insects everytime you go out.

At least you don't drive a Smart car.
  • Moose, I don't know you, but upon your death you are going straight to hell. I feel comfortable saying that. Funny post. The car is a box with wheels. Not that it's a bad thing, but yikes they need to do some forming or something. A little smoothing of the curves.
  • Isn't this a minivan?
  • Milo

Think of your children man. Do what you know in your heart is right.

You need an INTERVENTION.
  • It is NOT a mini-van.

AJ, my daughter actually loves the Cube, so I'm good there. The wife is the one giving me the, "well, if it's what you want . . ."

Not a mini-van. Neat feature of the day is that the rear bench seat slides forward and back.

And, once again, not a mini-van.

Moose, I am thinking of a custom paint job, where in I put appropriate dice pips on the five visible sides. What do you think?
    Also, I like the brinks option, especially if I have to go through another season at the Hill.
    And, why the fuck would I park anywhere near a dump like UofW?
  • Mark, what stage is DENIAL again?

Milo, please, for the sake of all, please...don't bring that thing down my street on poker night.
  • I was gonna park it in your drive. Thought it might class up the place.
  • There is beauty there in its deformity Milo. Kind of like Tattoo on Paradise Island.
  • As I said to the wife, it is beautiful in it's hideousness.
  • Yeah insurance should be low cause no-one will want to steal it.
  • Milo wrote: »
    It is NOT a mini-van.

AJ, my daughter actually loves the Cube, so I'm good there. The wife is the one giving me the, "well, if it's what you want . . ."

Not a mini-van. Neat feature of the day is that the rear bench seat slides forward and back.

And, once again, not a mini-van.

as long as you are convinced
  • How does it feel to buy a new car and have the resale value of your old POS to be higher?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    as long as you are convinced

You should see how well I can delude myself at the poker table. Just ask AJ . . .

and moose? If you're willing to give me a week's pay for my old POS, you can have it. I'll even drive it your place and walk home. You're not even trying anymore, are you?
  • LOL?? I looked at Nissans web site for pics of this car. You must have brass balls to drive around in this pug of a vehicle.

What attracted you to it? Is it because the dashboard is growing its own hair? Or is that where middle aged put their toupee while they drive their 'look at me!!' car.

At least you can have a back plan for employment if your job goes south in this economy:

Milonewjob.jpg

Can you twist me up a balloon puppy?
  • I'll excuse the horrible photo-chop because I actually laughed out loud. Thanks Caddie. If you ever meet my wife, you will understand that as far as balls go, I have huge, brass ones. No, I am not getting the area rug for the dash, and have no idea what queer eye thought that would be a good idea. As I mentioned earlier, I like the ugly ducklings of the automotive world. I am one of the few people on this planet who thought the Aztek was neat, and I even have a soft spot for the Pacer (Dad is an AMC retiree).

It is a bit of an eye-catcher, for good or bad, and that is kind of fun. What truly attracted me to it was the look, and the fact that, though much smaller than my current POS, this thing actually feels roomier inside. and not just because no one else will be caught dead in it.

Seriously, funny post. Give lessons to moose, would ya?
  • Did you leave your cell phone behind at my last tourney?

oldcellphones3_18_06_08.jpg
  • Here are some snacks to eat in your new wheels:

melon.jpg

Just don't get any on your pants:

spongebob.jpg
  • I love this place . . .
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    clown-car.jpg

I was actually looking at the Kia Soul but, as you can see from the photo, roominess for someone of my size was an issue. Also, whitewalls are for fogies like compuease.