Aced.com Signs Jamie Gold

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - February 12, 2009) - Rumors have circulated that 2006 World Series of Poker® champion and all-time money leader Jamie Gold has signed the industry's most lucrative multi-year contract in history with upstart poker brand Aced.com. Gold and his representatives have come out publicly today to confirm the news and clarify his position.

"We've been careful and patient in waiting for the right deal," stated Gold's agent Sean Fredericks, adding that his client turned down several endorsement offers over the past two years.

Aced.com, which launched in September 2008, operates on the Merge Gaming Network. Aced poker room manager Brandon Berndt stated in regards to signing Gold, "We are extremely excited to have Jamie on board, not only because of his obvious value as an ambassador for us within the poker world, but for the unparalleled enthusiasm, insight, and creativity he brings to the ongoing development of our brand. He could have chosen so many other sites, but we share his values and vision. He is worth every penny -- or billion pennies."

While exact terms cannot be legally disclosed, sources familiar with the transaction suggest that Gold stands to earn eight figures or more. Aced.com confirmed that in addition to the lucrative online deal, they will fund Gold's participation in major USA, European, and Asian events. "I am not at liberty to disclose details of the arrangement," commented Gold's attorney Les Abell. "However, I can say that this contract is valued at more than any deal I've ever heard of."

Gold cited several reasons for his partnership with Aced.com, though a critical factor was having a sponsor that that shared his dedication to charitable giving. Following a windfall victory, Gold used his newfound celebrity status and wealth to promote philanthropic causes. Since 2006, Gold has co-hosted, emceed, and attended nearly 50 events, helping to raise more than $110,000,000 for charities, including the MDA/ALS Division, The Sunflower Organization, Montel Williams MS Foundation, and The Michael J. Fox Foundation.

"I'm really proud of the example we, as a poker community, are setting. Professional poker players, celebrities, athletes, and captains of industry have worked tirelessly and participated honorably in support of charitable gaming events to impact important world causes. I've been fortunate enough to be able to give back," added Gold. "But it's only the tip of the iceberg. Aced and I plan to leave our mark, not just on poker, but on the world, making it a better place for future generations."

All members of PokerForum.ca will receive 30% DAILY rakeback + 100% up to $1000 bonus at Aced.com when signing up using our link to Aced.com (click here). If you had an account at Chan Poker, you can use your same account on Aced and your account is set up on 30% rakeback. You can also use the ACED100 bonus code when depositing to get their deposit bonus of 100% up to $1000. See our Aced Poker review for more details.

Comments

• Do they have Instadebit yet?
  • Do they have Instadebit yet?

Unfortunately not... this is what they have:

visaMastercard.gifclick2pay.gifclickandbuy.gifeco.gifentropay.gifewalletXpress.giffonelinx.gifmoneybookers.gifneteller.gifneteller1pay.gifpicclub.gifachecheck.gifwireTransfer.gif
  • What great timing!
  • They don't show Netteller when I go to deposit, and my ewallet account is no longer active apparently...lol..so..I guess I am SOL for now.
  • Is the E-check the same one used by Stars?
  • 30% daily rakeback and 100% bonus... I just may bite.

OK, you get $1 bonus for every 250 points, but many points per raked dollar?
  • Jamie Gold.
    Talk about desperation!!
  • few things

1)yes they are desperate cause they signed Jamie Gold.

2)does the 30% rakeback apply to sit n go's and mtt's?

3)don't think i remember my chan account details, but if i do do i have to click on a link from here in forum to download aced to get the 30 percent if i do find my account details?

4? what are the withdrawal methods available.

Thanks
  • Lmao @ HObbes...

Got my Ewallet set up again, as they claimed a 15% bonus if you deposited using it....yeah right....now they are saying it is one or the other bonus...costs 8.8% to move money through Ewallet, which I didn't mind doing, as I was to get 15% bonus...but that is not to be used with the aced100 bonus.
  • i hope he does for online what he did for live
  • I hate Jamie Gold.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i hope he does for online what he did for live

If you mean by the charitable work he has done with live tournaments, that is actually part of the plan with Aced to continue this online.
  • Jeez guys, just play on FTP or Stars, this site will be gone within the year
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Jeez guys, just play on FTP or Stars, this site will be gone within the year

Prop bet?
  • Ok, even if it's still there in a year, why would you play there? Is there not enough game selection on FTP and Stars for you? Low volume online players like myself will find the best game selection, softest games with rakeback on FTP. High volume players are better served on Stars for even better rakeback, games, softness, etc...I don't see the need for anyone to play elsewhere especially with proven software out there already.
  • Have you seen the software features on the merge network. I agree with you that stars and FTP are hands down the best purely because of player volume, but the software on this network is actually probably one of my favorites. The guys who designed it have been in the industry for a long time and threw in some cool additions that aren't available on any other poker site. Obviously if you play occassionally I would stick to Stars/FTP, but if you want to try something new or are looking for a 3rd site to add I think this one is a good option. I've played their limit games (5/10) and their PLO games and the players are much worse than you will find on the other sites. Just my opinion.
  • PLO games softer than Stars/FTP? How would that be possible, do they allow dogs to play on the site?

What software additions, don't keep me on the edge of my seat.
  • The limit players are absolute horrendous there, but unfortunately games aren't as frequent. The NL games were good, not sure where all the fish went, prob chasing the BBJ (which got hit for some sick amount). Too many regulars now so time for me to find another site. Never tried PLO there. 0 tournies, best tourney there is a $20k - $60+1r. I think this network though is the one of the best if you play low limits. Plenty of action, and all those freerolls.
  • Graham wrote: »
    Have you seen the software features on the merge network. I agree with you that stars and FTP are hands down the best purely because of player volume, but the software on this network is actually probably one of my favorites. The guys who designed it have been in the industry for a long time and threw in some cool additions that aren't available on any other poker site. Obviously if you play occassionally I would stick to Stars/FTP, but if you want to try something new or are looking for a 3rd site to add I think this one is a good option. I've played their limit games (5/10) and their PLO games and the players are much worse than you will find on the other sites. Just my opinion.

+1

Also one of the best bonus whoring sites I've seen.
    What software additions, don't keep me on the edge of my seat.

Bad Beat Jackpot - Currently at $245,000 according to the site
    Our bad beat jackpot is one of the biggest on the internet. Make sure you are sitting at one of the bad beat tables to qualify.

Rabbit-Hunt
    Want to know what the river card was? Now you can with our rabbit-hunt feature.

Expose-1-Card
    You can now expose one card when you are the last player to act to really tilt your opponents.

Deal-it-Twice
    For those that like to gamble, you can now choose to deal it twice just like on TV!

Anyway, I know they are going to start doing some cool promotions that you won't see at any other site which is why I think they will be very popular.

For those that care, there is a tourney today with Jamie Gold. It's a bit pricey to buy-in to $100+9 but you can satellite into it for $10. Here is the email I received:
    The welcome tournament for Jamie, will be a $100+$9 tournament this Sunday February 15th, at 8pm EST (20:00 server time). Jamie will be playing in the tournament (screen name: jamiegold) and will have $500 bounty on his head. You can register now, go to Tournaments > Scheduled > Regular and you will find it at the top.

We have satellites running starting today at 8pm then on the 15th at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm. They are $10 satellites with one entry coupon given to the winner of the tournament. You can find them by going to Tournaments > Satellites
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Doyle's Room on MERGE as well? (as the rabbit hunt and run it twice feature sounds familiar)
    PLO games softer than Stars/FTP? How would that be possible, do they allow dogs to play on the site?

You will have to try Cake. Number of players isn't even close but yes, it is possible to have softer games (I'm only speaking about the levels that I play at which is 0.50/1 and 1/2)
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Doyle's Room on MERGE as well? (as the rabbit hunt and run it twice feature sounds familiar)

Doyles is on Cake.. for a long time they were planning to go to Merge but in the end went with Cake.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    You will have to try Cake. Number of players isn't even close but yes, it is possible to have softer games (I'm only speaking about the levels that I play at which is 0.50/1 and 1/2)

I know exactly what you mean. I ran $16 into like $500 in a few days there playing Omaha a couple months back. Players are awful... way worse than stars/ftp.
  • don't forget the +ev :).

Graham do you know if the rakeback is mtt/stt or just cash games?
  • ok, i was bored so i d/l and checked-out the site. There was one PLO game running.

Then to uninstall a survey pops-up, which then crashed when I clicked do not want. Second uninstall worked like a charm, +1.

gg
  • philliivey wrote: »
    don't forget the +ev :).

Graham do you know if the rakeback is mtt/stt or just cash games?

Rakeback is given on cash games, mtts and sngs.
  • Graham wrote: »
    Rakeback is given on cash games, mtts and sngs.

I beg to differ. At least my account is ring games only.
  • Just a note to all, they have an outdated bonus template on their site. They offered me a 15% bonus for signing up with Ewalletexpress and depositing that way...which I did, as it covers the 8.8% ewallet takes...but then, when asking about the 15% bonus..which was supposed to be on top of the other bonuses....I just got an email back saying that was outdated, and no longer available...and they won't honor it.

I like the layout and the features, and yeah..wow..talk about light callers..lol...NO fold equity at that place...