PokerStars $500K gtd. Guinness record attempt - Dec. 28

Comments

• Schabert - Pokerstars
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote: »
    Please add Blazin72, Prophet 22 and JEP0204 to the last longer bet. Who is collecting the money before the tournament? Wes?

Blazin72

I could, but I think we can trust everyone to send it after the fact (I hope...)
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I could, but I think we can trust everyone to send it after the fact (I hope...)

I think it would make things a whole lot easier, that way we know who would be in are not and then you could just ship the money to the winner.

I do have a real question about this though. I hope someone has an answer for me.

I want to watch football on Sunday and play in this tournament. I was going to take my laptop to Brent's and go online wireless.

Will this be a problem with stars, to computers being used from the same house.

Cam
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote: »
    Will this be a problem with stars, to computers being used from the same house.

Cam
    Maybe ask Moose? :) lol..... just kidding Rob....
  • westside8 wrote: »

I was thinking everybody would send it after, but I am willing to hold it beforehand if that makes you feel better.

Cam, please post all the Stars handles so I can add you to the list.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Maybe ask Moose? :) lol..... just kidding Rob....

No problem at all. I'm not banned from Stars...yet.

lol the LL is going to be bigger than 500th place I'll bet.
  • Cam = Blazin72

Brent = Prophet22

Jason is out.

Can someone answer the question. Can I play on my lap top while Brent plays on his PC?

What do I need to do?

Will stars allow this?

Cameron
  • email stars, that way you are covered
  • Im playing in the big tournament, hope I can make a good showing. Good luck to everyone here who is playing.

Got a question though. Last time I looked there was about 5000+ players already signed up. But it says that the top 8750 players make the money. Lets say 15000 players buyin, would this mean that over half the field would make the money. Thanks.
  • No it would probably change to the number of players in the field.
  • This is a special tourney. The payout schedule will not change. They've set the minimum number of players required to start at 8,750.

Click on the 'Tournament Info' button for any other guaranteed $ tourney and you will see the awards schedule changes based on the total number of entries. No such info for the $500K gtd. tourney means no changes to the payout schedule - period.

The tourney is now at 14,500 players and will probably max out at 35,000 anyway.
  • There's only a few hundred spots left in the tournament!
  • Due to multiple qualifiers ending after the cut-off, it is overbooked for now at 35,102 players with 1 qualifier still running.

There are still qualifiers announced for this afternoon. In theory, they will not run, but... ?
  • If they really want to break a GWR they should let as many people as possible play.
  • Let's them break it again next year. :D
  • I'm out. I'll be at a funeral vistation Sunday afternoon and won't make it back in time.

Good luck to CPF!
  • I have to drop out as well, family commitments are going to prevent me from spending the required amount of time, anyone want my spot?

** Edit ** Ok back in, plans changed... Not going to bother with last longer though. Can't be sure I can play the entire tourney. Any idea how long the whole thing can go?
  • Just about to go, gla!

stp

"Iwishclover" on stars
  • tried to register but wasnt able too lol
  • At table 2002.

stp
  • table 1369, up to 3420, are we all going to get on msn or something to keep track?
    Now 1508
  • post your table so I can follow some of you guys
  • im at table 381

my msn is schabert03@hotmail.com

Schabert - Stars
  • schabs wrote: »
    im at table 381

my msn is schabert03@hotmail.com

Schabert - Stars
    Hey schabs, I haven't used msn in a few months and I think I had you on my MSN. If you still have me there can you tell me what my msn id is? lol, old and forgetfull...
  • jeff_cookson@hotmail.com
  • up to 6500 in world rec tourney

anyone else want to come chat with me, insaneguy, and possibly comp when he figures out his password, drop ur msn on here.
  • 8075 at first break
  • Chipped up nicely at good table. Moved to new table and had AA cracked by a flopped set. Should have folded river value bet.
    Still some play left.
  • Sitting at 3165 after seeing KK (won), AKd (folded post flop) and 1010 (folded post flop), AJ (won after getting two callers and just continuation bet.

stp