KW Wings Place

I'm mainly looking at JohnnieH/DrTyore/Moose/Itsame/Zithal for help here, but anyone is welcomed to contribute.

With the declining quality of Morty's wings, I am looking to spend more money elsewhere and looking for suggestions

Comments

• The best wings in Cambridge closed so I've been sol for a while. Archies on 24 is not bad. I could definitely meetup on Mon/Tues for a wing ding if you like. mmm wings....

Sorry to hear Morty's is declining because that was my alternative spot when my fav place in Cambridge shut down.
  • Lion Brewery/Huether hotel is my current fave although this thread is up somewhere around here. I used to love Morty's though...have they dropped that much?

Since were going to get some varying positions on this I propose a pub/wing crawl. Has to be after the 23rd of December though. Who's in?
  • I would do that but I am still up for wings this mon/tues. Mon better.
  • Tues better fo rme unless you can do Monday way late.
  • Recently (past year) I've had a chub for Beaver and Bulldogs wings. Tuesday night is there wing night (1/2 price wings). They have a great selection of flavours, that is their selling feature.

Beaver and Bulldog is located on Hespler Rd. near the SHoppers Drug Mart. They also have a very good selection of premium beers such as Guiness, Smithwicks, Caffrey's etc on tap.

In town I would tend to agree with NiK. Although I have also enjoyed McMullen's wings at times, they changed their recipe a few times though so not really sure what they are doing these days.

stp
  • I still like St. Louis, but that's because they're "dry" wings.. I don't like getting overly dirty...

A dude I do karate with told me about a place, but I forget.. I'll 2x check

Mark
  • Has Castle on King closed yet? Their wings are great and they have much better beer than any pub in town.

Note: Last I heard they will be closing in December, so the quality of the place might be shot.

The Wednesday Night WingDing at Ethels Lounge is good too.
  • Juniors is great in Cambridge.
    Franklin & Avenue Road.
    $3.99/lbs Wed eat in (drink purchase)
  • stpboy wrote: »
    Recently (past year) I've had a chub for Beaver and Bulldogs wings. Tuesday night is there wing night (1/2 price wings). They have a great selection of flavours, that is their selling feature.

Beaver and Bulldog is located on Hespler Rd. near the SHoppers Drug Mart. They also have a very good selection of premium beers such as Guiness, Smithwicks, Caffrey's etc on tap.

In town I would tend to agree with NiK. Although I have also enjoyed McMullen's wings at times, they changed their recipe a few times though so not really sure what they are doing these days.

stp

Yeah I wanted to try these guys so I'm up for wings on Tues at Beaver and Bulldog. 5:30?
  • why has mortys wings been declining? I havnt been there in a while but I used to go alot
  • moose wrote: »
    Yeah I wanted to try these guys so I'm up for wings on Tues at Beaver and Bulldog. 5:30?

If you can do a bit later..like 7 or so I'll be down.

Anyone else interested?
  • No can do. mmoose has basketball at 8.
  • Wild Wings

Place by me is good, Kitch one should be similar

Wild Wing
  • actyper wrote: »
    Wild Wings

Wild Wing

I tried the Kitchener one soon after it opened and I was kinda disapointed. Paper trays for apps and Plastic cups for pop? Not what I was looking for. Althought the wings weren't bad they certainly didn't make me want to overlook everything else.
  • wtf? That would prob turn me off as well. I've actually only gotten takeout there so not sure how food is served at the markham location.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Wild Wings

Wild Wing

Been to the kitchener one a few times now... it's now my new favourite. Following behind are Caseys then Mortys then Moose Winooskis (haven't tried Moose wings in over a year though).

Wings are pub grub... they could be served on kleenexs for all I care. But I usually do takeout there.
  • Moose Winooskis (haven't tried Moose wings in over a year though).

How could I forget Moose Winooskis? They have great wings!

I enjoy making my own wings. I know it's a pain in the ass and you don't get the atmosphere of a pub, but playing with sauce recipes and frying your own I find very satisfying.

I'd be willing to host a night of "Wing Making" and then maybe a poker game? After everybody scrubs down of course :)

I'm still headed here tmr if anyone wants to meet up.

I'm way up for JohnnieH wings. I used to like doing them myself too but the grocery stores charge an arm and a wing for them now.
    I'm way up for JohnnieH wings. I used to like doing them myself too but the grocery stores charge an arm and a wing for them now.

Farmer's Market bro!

I'll look to host something early in '09........
  • Beaver and Bulldog Review

Get there before 6 pm or else you will be waiting. Service was crazy quick. We were eating within 10 min of ordering. Wings were ok, not outstanding. The wings are all breaded, with a large variety of sauces (1 per lb). The tandoori sauce was mediocre. The dragon sauce was ok but needed to be hotter. The chipotle BBQ sauce was good.

It's not cheap. 3 lbs of wings is $30. Good thing Tues is 1/2 price, which is still not a great price for wings. Pop was $3 and 12 oz draft $3.60. WTF? You know what they want to sell. The onion rings were good but $8 is seriously fucked for onion rings. My kid liked his child's pizza, he ate the entire thing. $6, including drink and ice cream.

Next up is Crabby Joe's, which has .25 wings on Tues.
  • TANGENT: Chicken wings are my pet peeve.

There is something so insanely repulsive about watching you tear meat off the bone and get all disgusting and messy. And they smell like rotting ass.

QUALIFIER: Though I say this as a vegetarian, I'm not just base-hating meat eaters here, apparently I make awesome ribs, stews and roasts and I try to pimp bacon off on pretty much anyone I cook for- because I like the smell of it frying.

Wings are the most repulsive main stream food around, and you all look like hillbillies eating them...even Wes. ;)

sorry I tried to wait until the bulk of this thread was over to bitch.. /rant
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    TANGENT: Chicken wings are my pet peeve.

There is something so insanely repulsive about watching you tear meat off the bone and get all disgusting and messy. And they smell like rotting ass.

QUALIFIER: Though I say this as a vegetarian, I'm not just base-hating meat eaters here, apparently I make awesome ribs, stews and roasts and I try to pimp bacon off on pretty much anyone I cook for- because I like the smell of it frying.

Wings are the most repulsive main stream food around, and you all look like hillbillies eating them...even Wes. ;)

I guess I would have to agree, though I don't really find them very repulsive at all, because of their deliciousness. On a repulsivity scale of one to ten, if wings are 10, where are ribs? (since you say you make them).
  • you're not factoring in that ribs are bbq food that one generally eats outside informally and with friends..

and they don't stink...seriously, I wish meat eaters could smell wings and ground beef properly...you have no idea how gross they are.

but ribs are up there...say 6-7
  • also the shape of the bone in ribs helps a little bit...less intense gnawing and slurping.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    also the shape of the bone helps a little bit...less intense gnawing and slurping.

FYP

Which shape do you prefer? Kinda like a banana or so straight you could snap a chalk line on it?
  • meh, they're both ugly...I was one of the 30% in InsaneGuy's thread.
  • I have two favorite places for wings in town, 1st is Wild Wings, I agree the plastic cups were not cool but the wings were great and having a choice of 101 different flavours is great. I also love the wings at the Whale and Ale on Victoria in Kitchener.
  • Headed for 2:1 wings today Crabby Joes. Cambridge. 5ish.
  • Molly Blooms for wings today 5ish Manitou/Fairway rd.
  • stpboy wrote: »
    Recently (past year) I've had a chub for Beaver and Bulldogs wings. Tuesday night is there wing night (1/2 price wings). They have a great selection of flavours, that is their selling feature.

stp

+1 the beaver and bulldog at dundas and dixie is one of my favorite wing places.