Game 5 Player's List

2»

Comments

• Thanx Gang

This run has been absolutely amazing. My formula for success:

1) make a really bad call early in the first level and leave myself with only 325
    2) chant part 1 of Chris' mantra "Don't chump" over and over
    3) make it to the final table with 225, draw for position on Justin and Derek
    4) start shortstack pushboting every time Justin limps chanting part 2 of Chris' mantra "Make it to the break"
    5) double with AK vs AJ's AQ; double again with AK vs Derek's AQ
    6) make it to break
    7) double a couple more times with KK & JJ and start chanting the last part of Chris' mantra "Don't bubble"
    8) Luckbox my way to heads up with Steve with a 2:1 chip advantage
    9) get slapped in the face with the deck during heads up play
    10) and finally take it down by making a full house when Steve's pushes against my A8

Looking forward to continuing the streak next week ;)

Garry
  • garryc wrote: »
    Thanx Gang

This run has been absolutely amazing. My formula for success:

1) make a really bad call early in the first level and leave myself with only 325
    2) chant part 1 of Chris' mantra "Don't chump" over and over
    3) make it to the final table with 225, draw for position on Justin and Derek
    4) start shortstack pushboting every time Justin limps chanting part 2 of Chris' mantra "Make it to the break"
    5) double with AK vs AJ's AQ; double again with AK vs Derek's AQ
    6) make it to break
    7) double a couple more times with KK & JJ and start chanting the last part of Chris' mantra "Don't bubble"
    8) Luckbox my way to heads up with Steve with a 2:1 chip advantage
    9) get slapped in the face with the deck during heads up play
    10) and finally take it down by making a full house when Steve's pushes against my A8

Looking forward to continuing the streak next week ;)

Garry

This "Get it in when you're ahead" formula goes against everything I have been taught.

It completely contadicts my "Call and get there" theory.

I will cost-benefit both and get back to you.

Oh and GG Garry. The absence of the luckbox seems to be your luckbox.
  • You know it El. Bramalea born and bred. My Dad still lives in the house he and my late Mom purchased brand new in the "A" section about 45 years ago. Just in time for my imminent arrival. That bit in Corner Gas where Dog River folks spit at the mention of their rival town? They stole it from us Bramalea folks . . .
  • Good Game Garry

At heads up my best starting hand was what I pushed into your A 8. The deck just refused to look at me when we were heads up.

See some of you on Saturday