Cook Crew presents C.R.O.W.N. Chaos, May 31 @ 7pm, Kitchener

Comments

• Why not a $2 unlimited rebuy NLHE?

Hey, everyone that sucks... stop it!

I liked the CROWN idea

Mark
  • moose wrote: »

I understand the point of a crazy fun day of crazy games but don't particularly like the idea of having the triple crown being potentially decided on a bunch of made up games that no-one plays.

Agreed, having said that....does the winner of that crazy poker game not qualify for triple crown? Either the triple crown rules should be changed (ie specific games or no rebuys or nothing with the word crazy)....or any game that qualifies.....qualifies.

I'll play if it's $20 NL.
  • DrTyore wrote: »

I liked the CROWN idea

Mark

I second this.

I notice that the 3 "contenders" are concerned. You could just not make it a triple crown event and try it out. Possibly convert to NLHE only after the rebuy? Just stirring the pot here.

I'll play whatever is decided.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Agreed, having said that....does the winner of that crazy poker game not qualify for triple crown? Either the triple crown rules should be changed (ie specific games or no rebuys or nothing with the word crazy)....or any game that qualifies.....qualifies.

You need 16 players minimum for it to qualify as Triple Crown, and there were only 8 or so signed up as the crazy format, that was the point.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    You need 16 players minimum for it to qualify as Triple Crown, and there were only 8 or so signed up as the crazy format, that was the point.
    Pretty much sums it up. While I love the idea of the KWTC, it's just a fun sidebet, and isn't really going to influence my hosting. I still plan on hosting various formats on a bit of a rotating basis.

Also, I made it very clear at the start of thw whole KWTC thing that it was a private sidebet (run by Shannon/Mark) and that I would have no official involvement with it. They can include/exclude whatever events they want (subject to approval by those involved in the sidebet). As host, I have no special say in the Triple Crown, and the KWTC has no say in what I can and can't run.

However, I'd rather have a populated NL game than an empty "fun" game, so I'm just grasping at straws trying to attract players. It's not just for the KWTC 16 min, more players is simply more fun (although it seems to be a bit harder to attract players than it used to be). I do want to try "warped" games like NL Razz, just seems like this may not be the week to do it. However, if we don't attract more players, maybe the current signups will choose to revert to the original format. See what happens, but for now, I'll go back to standard (boring) NL and see if that gets more people out.
    Why not a $2 unlimited rebuy NLHE?

I liked the CROWN idea

Mark

I didn't dislike the idea of different games. But NL Razz and NL Omaha weren't high on my list. I like the idea of a fun night. I don't like the idea of maybe deciding the triple crown on a made up game. I don't like the idea of telling a host how to run a game. I didn't post until Beanie asked for feedback. I'm all for whatever Beanie wants to do. IMHO if a host posts what the rules are, then that is what it is and if you sign up that's what you play and no bitching allowed.
  • I'll play anything....

I just wish the wet blankets didn't suck so much ;)

Mark
    I'll play anything....

I just wish the wet blankets didn't suck so much ;)

Mark

Hmmm? Bed wetting again?
  • Great points Moose, as I am the one that started this suggestion of NL my apologies to the host. Looking back I fully agree with Moose that the host should decide the rules/games/format/blinds/ect he wants to play.

I'm hoping to make it no matter what format is choosen.

labeach
    moose wrote: »
    I didn't dislike the idea of different games. But NL Razz and NL Omaha weren't high on my list. I like the idea of a fun night. I don't like the idea of maybe deciding the triple crown on a made up game. I don't like the idea of telling a host how to run a game. I didn't post until Beanie asked for feedback. I'm all for whatever Beanie wants to do. IMHO if a host posts what the rules are, then that is what it is and if you sign up that's what you play and no bitching allowed.
  • We were seriously considering comming down to play in this tourny to have a chance to play something other than hold'em for a change. Sigh icon9.gif Don't you people get sick of playing the same poker game over and over again? Poker has dozens, maybe even hundreds of fine variations.
  • Put me down as tentative. I will confirm Friday if that's ok
  • I will be there Trevor.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I will be there Trevor.

Cash game just became -ev.
  • hey, me and my brother are out, sorry.
  • 800OVER wrote: »

I think in post #33 Nik says he will be playing but I don't see his name on the list. But then again, I could be wrong.
    Sad to see Hernan and his brother won't be there. I enjoyed playing with them at Greg's.
    Cash game just became -ev.

I won't be happy until that shaving cream can is empty.;)
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I think in post #33 Nik says he will be playing but I don't see his name on the list.
    Missed that - thanks.
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    Missed that - thanks.

I just got told I can't go... I mean I'm busy.
  • I'm confirming for tomorrow.

labeach
  • Unfortunately I can't attend. Family things will keep me away. Hopefully I'll be at the next one I need a poker road trip.
  • I may have a +1. I have given him directions. His name is Steve A. I should be able to confirm for you early tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to a birthday party in the afternoon so I may be late.
  • My +1 will be there.

See you tonight.
  • Hi Trevor,

If you have room I would like to play. Also a friend of Buzzardd Dave and mine would also like to play - John. Please PM with directions if you have room. Thanks
  • woog30 wrote: »
    If you have room I would like to play. Also a friend of Buzzardd Dave and mine would also like to play - John. Please PM with directions if you have room. Thanks
    Directions PM'd (earlier) - list updated.
  • Sorry Beanie. I'm not feeling too well. I'm not going to make it. The gravol is just not having any effect.
    Sorry Beanie. I'm not feeling too well. I'm not going to make it. The gravol is just not having any effect.

You too eh?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You too eh?
    Weakest cancellation ever, assuming that's what it was.

Thank you very much to Trevor and Jenn, fantastic hosts as always.

/g2
  • great night..

wish that we'd played CROWN though

Mark
  • I wish we'd played CROWN too...

then I would have needed my brain and I wouldn't have gotten so drunk. (Though sucking out on Mario the inventor of "calculate suckout odds" was the highlight of my week)

GG's all, thanks Trevor and Jen!
  • Wait a minute...a post from Kristy talking about...Mario. I'm really confused.