Cook Crew presents C.R.O.W.N. Chaos, May 31 @ 7pm, Kitchener

The Cook Crew is pleased to announce:
:DC.R.O.W.N. Chaos :D
Saturday, May 31st at 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

We've been off for quite a while - my apologies to all. For our return, we wanted to do something fun and a bit different. Also, everyone seems to be focused on the Triple Crown right now (and g2, Moose, and 800Over all just need one more at my place) - hopefully we'll have the required 16 players. So, buckle up and prepare for crazy toonie action!

*** UPDATE ***

Due to an underwhelming response to the mixed games, this is a straight NL Holdem tournament. Players will receive 5,000 chips for a $20 buy-in, and there will be no rebuys or add-ons. Tables will be limited to 8 players per table (with the final table forming with 9 players). "Robert's Rules" will be used to resolve any disputes. Standard CookCrew blinds (20 min) and payouts. People are free to play additional games during and after the main tournament as tables become available.

When registering, please include your first name and last initial. If you need directions, let me know by PM. For reference, I am located in the Stanley Park area of Kitchener. BYOB BYOS.
***** PLEASE RSVP TO RESERVE A SEAT *****

Comments

• 1. "beanie42" Trevor
    2. "kangax5" Jenn
    3. "g2" Greg
    4. "Moose"
    5. "labeach2002" Steve
    6. "Hobbes" Ron
    7. "Buzzzardd" Dave
    8. "DataMn" Al
    9. "Quimby" Duane
    10. "DrTyore" Mark
    11. "ItsaMe" Mario
    12. "Quimby" +1 - Steve
    13. "woog30"
    14. "woog30" +1 - John
  • Beanie, i'm in Hernan R., i'll need directions, please pm me them or even better email me them.
  • add my brother as well
  • Umkayyyy.....
  • Me too.

BTW beanie, you should explain the rules for CIP to the uninitiated.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

BTW beanie, you should explain the rules for CIP to the uninitiated.

That's ok. You can work on your reading comprehension later...
    beanie42 wrote: »
    Criminally Insane Pineapple
    Very similiar to it's parent, Insane Pineapple, with an extra card. Each player receives 4 cards, then a round of betting. Flop, betting, discard 1 card face up. Turn, betting, 1 card face up. River, betting, showdown. Simple :wink: .
  • Mark didn't invent this..he just came up with the awesome name.
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    3. "g2" Greg (reserved, please confirm)
    In :)

/g2
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Mark didn't invent this..he just came up with the awesome name.

Can't give me credit for nothing can you?

As for the game... I really should be there, but I'll have to let you know later.... it's my birthday weekend...

Mark
  • moose wrote: »
    That's ok. You can work on your reading comprehension later...

Meh...late and tired...;)
  • Hi Beanie,

Sign me up!

Al
  • Can I be put on as a tentative for this one ?

Steve
  • Come on people! $2 rebuy!!!!!

/g2
  • Sorry I took so long to reply. I had to finish Harrington on CIP.

Sign me up please.
  • Any thought that if this changed to a No Limit game we may get a few more players?

labeach
  • Yea yea.. I'm in... I'll do the stupid amount of drinking on Friday night....

... as well

Mark
  • Sorry it took so long to get a decision but alas I cannot make it. Good luck to G2 and Moose you bitches.
    These will be played in rotation, similiar to H.O.R.S.E. The "chaos" means unlimited $2 rebuys, and all games will be played NL (yes, NL Razz ;) ). As I said - buckle up...
    It is already NL.

/g2
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Sorry it took so long to get a decision but alas I cannot make it. Good luck to g2 and Moose you bitches.
    I assume you mean good luck getting 16 players so this qualifies for Triple Crown. And thank you :)

/g2
  • When I said No Limit I meant Holdem, sorry for being unclear, just thinking this might change might draw a few more players and make it a TC event.

labeach
  • When I said No Limit I meant Holdem, sorry for being unclear, just thinking this might change might draw a few more players and make it a TC event.

labeach
    Gotcha.

beanie, maybe just drop the R & the W if you still want it to be a multi-format game. Thoughts?

/g2
  • I actually want to try No Limit Razz and draw. Especially in a micro rebuy game.
  • I selfishly prefer the current format, but I know Jenn would like it much more if it were just plain old NL. That said, I don't mind changing the format IF that will attract more players. But I'm not sure whether it's the format or the date that's keeping people away. If there are people interested in playing but not wanting to play the mixed games, please post (or PM) to LMK. If there's a big response, I'll change it, but I don't want to change it for nothing...
  • If it is plain old NL with no rebuys, I will play.
  • i'm in as well
  • Hey Beanie, you make a good point, I wonder if its the Saturday night or the fact that Mark invented the game, lol.

labeach
  • I signed up because I basically have to play but ever since this tourney has been announced I've been trying to wrap my head around playing a stud game as NL. I searched everywhere and found one reference to a PL Razz but no mention of it actually being played ever.

I understand the point of a crazy fun day of crazy games but don't particularly like the idea of having the triple crown being potentially decided on a bunch of made up games that no-one plays.
  • moose wrote: »
    I signed up because I basically have to play but ever since this tourney has been announced I've been trying to wrap my head around playing a stud game as NL. I searched everywhere and found one reference to a PL Razz but no mention of it actually being played ever.

I understand the point of a crazy fun day of crazy games but don't particularly like the idea of having the triple crown being potentially decided on a bunch of made up games that no-one plays.
    Seconded.

How about a regular tourney and then a crazy fun cheap cash game after?

/g2
  • Ok, I'll switch it to a $20 / 5,000 chips, regular NL. I really thought more people would enjoy a fun night with some crazy mixed games... guess I was wrong.
    Ok, I'll switch it to a $20 / 5,000 chips, regular NL. I really thought more people would enjoy a fun night with some crazy mixed games... guess I was wrong.
    Crazy mixed cash game!

/g2