A Challenge to the Poker Forum

I submit that this poker forum needs a challenge given to it.

Here's what I'd like to see.

Someone post a hand history, and everyone who wants to participate effectively 'grunches' the hand by PMing their analysis of it to a 3rd party who holds the entries until a deadline expires.

At expiry, the person posts all of the hand reviews and we discuss.

I know the cancer of this forum is herd mentality. The first idea that gets posted just gets echoed throughout the entire thread and we end up with everyone patting themselves on the back. No one is willing to challenge the thinking. I think this will get past it by forcing everyone to voice the entire hand upfront.

What I need is a good hand history complete with player reads (no results plz) and someone who wants to act at the mediary. Also, a show of interest would be good too. If no one wants to do it, then forget the whole thing.

To the submitters: focus on what hero should be considering on every street and justify what you line will be.

Brag, Beat or Variance?

Comments

• this is a great idea.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Brag, Beat or Variance?

Great idea....

I also submit that it be a cash game hand as opposed to an SnG or MTT hand. Perhaps MicroLimit?
  • In...

Edit: This has potential to become a weekly hand study... A new HH each week to disect and discuss... Give it it's own sub forum... More merit than a HoF, IMO... Call it the Hand History Hotstove... We are Canadian after all. Great idea BBC_Z
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    Great idea....

I also submit that it be a cash game hand as opposed to an SnG or MTT hand. Perhaps MicroLimit?

Shouldn't matter IMO whether its cash/SnG/MTT...comments based on adjustments on scenerios.
  • Sounds good.

(I hope this is not considered "herd mentaility" :D )
  • IN...Great Idea!!!
  • lol

ziiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg:)

what are we doing again? just to echo the thread:D

Hobbes wrote: »
    Sounds good.

(I hope this is not considered "herd mentaility" :D )
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Shouldn't matter IMO whether its cash/SnG/MTT...comments based on adjustments on scenerios.

It wasn't stating one was better than the others, just my personal preference (in terms of what would help me the most).

I would argue that often in SnG's (especially Turbos) the game turns into push/fold only. Not a lot of play or strategy to be had on every street. But I digress.
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    It wasn't stating one was better than the others, just my personal preference (in terms of what would help me the most).

I would argue that often in SnG's (especially Turbos) the game turns into push/fold only. Not a lot of play or strategy to be had on every street. But I digress.

Definitely no turbos....no way to analyze bingo.
  • Great idea!
  • Funny how you don't see any of BBC's usual detractors poking their heads up when he makes a contribution like this one.

Great idea.
  • Definitely no turbos....no way to analyze bingo.

how do you explain that some players make a living playing only turbos then?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    how do you explain that some players make a living playing only turbos then?

I find that inexplicable, how would you explain it?

Edit: Are we talking about SnG Turbos or MTT turbos? SnG's I can see MTT not so much.
  • dinobot wrote: »
    Funny how you don't see any of BBC's usual detractors poking their heads up when he makes a contribution like this one.

Great idea.

QFT...

I was excitedly scrolling looking for cadillac

Mark
  • I dislike this idea and challenge this way of thinking.
  • haddon wrote: »
    I dislike this idea and challenge this way of thinking.

Theres confirmation of my idea if I've ever seen it.
    I dislike this idea and challenge this way of thinking.
    i vehemently disagree with this lemming-like mentality, just to be dogmatic.

(let the HH poster hold the PMd analyses to some pre-determined cutoff point, whereupon he unleashes them on the world to complete ridicule)
    Theres confirmation of my idea if I've ever seen it.

I kind of want to flame myself here.
    GG.
    I kind of want to flame myself here.
    GG.

+1`
  • I find that inexplicable, how would you explain it?

Edit: Are we talking about SnG Turbos or MTT turbos? SnG's I can see MTT not so much.

I was referring to sngs
  • If I may submit the following:

Initial poster submits the HH on, say Sunday evening between 7:00 and 9:00 p.m.
    PM's can be sent to the poster anytime during that subsequent week. Saturday noonish the PM's hit the Forum, discussion ensues.

Day and times flexible, but this seems like a reasonable set up for this thing, no?
  • Definitely no turbos....no way to analyze bingo.

..........Right. Statements like this confirm that stt and turbo stt's are the least understood game on this forum. Meaning, they may be the most beneficial to debate.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    QFT...

I was excitedly scrolling looking for cadillac

Mark

Wat?...I thought his groupthink, pat each other on the back comments were directed at some of the Kitchener micro donks...not the thinking players like Cadillac.
  • Akala16 wrote: »
    ..........Right. Statements like this confirm that stt and turbo stt's are the least understood game on this forum. Meaning, they may be the most beneficial to debate.

You may want to look again. I clarified that MTT turbos are useless. Shove/fold. Good analysis.
  • dinobot wrote: »
    Funny how you don't see any of BBC's usual detractors poking their heads up when he makes a contribution like this one.

Great idea.

what does this mean? replace "BBC Z" with "hitler" and "makes a contribution" with hitler's building of roads and infrastructure during the war. what do you get?

"funny how you don't see any of hitler's usual detractors poking their heads up when he builds roads and advances infrastructure like this"

therefore, i fail to understand your point. unless, you're assuming that people who dislike BBC must necessarily hate everything he says and does. that's a big assumption however. just because he's an ass does not mean everything he says is just wrong (that's only how he feels about others, and not necessarily how others feel about him). this HH analysis is a great idea.
  • m_dolens wrote: »
    what does this mean? replace "BBC Z" with "hitler" and "makes a contribution" with hitler's building of roads and infrastructure during the war. what do you get?

"funny how you don't see any of hitler's usual detractors poking their heads up when he builds roads and advances infrastructure like this"

therefore, i fail to understand your point. unless, you're assuming that people who dislike BBC must necessarily hate everything he says and does. that's a big assumption however. just because he's an ass does not mean everything he says is just wrong (that's only how he feels about others, and not necessarily how others feel about him). this HH analysis is a great idea.

OMG....BBCZ is Hitler?!?!?
  • replace "BBC Z" with "hitler" and "makes a contribution" with hitler's building of roads and infrastructure during the war

OMFG, I think this is the fastest convergance of Godwin's law ever.
    OMFG, I think this is the fastest convergance of Godwin's law ever.

Not even close... Cadillac gets right to the point in the first post here.
  • C'mon kids this definitely is a great idea with some real potential. I know there are a lot of "strong" (read volatile) personalities on here but let's not let such a good thread degenerate into stupid flaming. Take them somewhere else. Keep the thread on topic.... Well done BBC Z, gold potential here..
    **** Herd mentality on *****

I support and would participate, and before someone else says it, I FOLD!
  • compuease wrote: »
    C'mon kids this definitely is a great idea with some real potential. I know there are a lot of "strong" (read volatile) personalities on here but let's not let such a good thread degenerate into stupid flaming. Take them somewhere else. Keep the thread on topic.... Well done BBC Z, gold potential here..
    **** Herd mentality on *****

I support and would participate, and before someone else says it, I FOLD!
    +1 QFT