Poker Stars, SNG Leaderboard-

2»

Comments

• bzzt. rake is 8% for regular dons and lower yet for the turbos...

I play the 50 doNs exclusively. I think the profitability is lower than playing regular sngs - hence the necessity of the rake cut by Stars but the variance is lower. I like em because they are longer than turbos but shorter than regular sngs. Plus they are pretty mindless and it doesn't get too hectic if you start 4-6 at once. If you started 4 regular sngs in quick succession and end up cashing in say 3 of them, it gets pretty hectic but the bubble in the dons is 6 handed so you have lots of time to act between tables. This for me is probably the main advantage as I usually only have a limited time each evening to play so I usually start up 4-6 at once, play them out and head for bed. Played 5 last night, cashed 3, bubbled 2, so ya the rake cut made me an extra $5.
  • Was building the bankroll 10-tabling $1.20, 18mans when I realized I cashed 8 out 10 and had 410 points...decided to go for the leaderboard with 9mans after that.

Finished with...

$1.20, 18man
    3 first, 5 seconds

$1,20, 9man
    1 first, 4 seconds, 1 third

+$41.70 and 584 points which should put me in 4th place on Mercury low orbit. Stars is still calculating overall points, but If it holds, that's a bonus +$70 and a ticket to the BoP shootout at the end of the month! Wooo! A couple races cost me some firsts, which would've easily got me on top of the leaderboard.
  • Officially in the BoP Leaderboard shootout at the end of the month.

Currently 83 signed up and 81 pay...how does that work in a shootout? I don't think I've played this format before.
  • TiMSuM wrote: »
    Officially in the BoP Leaderboard shootout at the end of the month.

Currently 83 signed up and 81 pay...how does that work in a shootout? I don't think I've played this format before.

Gotta win your table to move on....then all the 1st place people form a new table...
  • Arrgh...made it to heads-up in the first round, but choked...I should've had that, kind of disappointed. I'm not sure how they seat players at the beginning, but some tables started with 6, like the one I was at and some started at headsup. Kinda sucks when you have to go through 5 others, instead of just 1.
  • TiMSuM wrote: »
    I'm not sure how they seat players at the beginning, but some tables started with 6, like the one I was at and some started at headsup. Kinda sucks when you have to go through 5 others, instead of just 1.

All tables should be even (or within one person), seems very odd they would screw that up. Maybe you looked at the other tables after some were eliminated already?
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    All tables should be even (or within one person), seems very odd they would screw that up. Maybe you looked at the other tables after some were eliminated already?

Unless they eliminted like 4 people within 3 minutes, it seemed odd that the number of players differed a lot for each table. I think it was 6 max for each table as there was 9000 chips for total table.

466 entrants on 81 tables.