SnG - Card dead

2»

Comments

• Not this isn't sarcasm.
    I suspect the answer lies in sngpt and icm

I'm still learning about ICM but certainly have been made to think about ICM and push/fold gameplay by using SNG Wizard.
  • what is SNG wizard?
  • What's the best way to learn to play High Level Blinds?
    I've already read Harrington ... and the two plus two forum... what else do I need to do?

One of the best SnG strategist is Colin Moshman, I would look for articles from him. He also has a book Sit and Go Strategy and is a coach at a major online teaching forum. (if you interested in the forum let me know as there is a refferal discount)

You can also use software like SnGo Wizard which has an ICM and gives analysis of your play via hand histories. Showing where you should be pushing with positive EV.

A very solid understanding of positional play is also important. It is essential that you know when and how to steal. This is a play that a successful SnG person is going to be using 85% of the time when folded to in position.

BTW my ROI has tripled in the last 200 SnG's because of a true solid understanding of how to use escalating blind schedules to your advantage.
  • Redington wrote: »
    One of the best SnG strategist is Colin Moshman, I would look for articles from him. He also has a book Sit and Go Strategy and is a coach at a major online teaching forum. (if you interested in the forum let me know as there is a refferal discount)

You can also use software like SnGo Wizard which has an ICM and gives analysis of your play via hand histories. Showing where you should be pushing with positive EV.

A very solid understanding of positional play is also important. It is essential that you know when and how to steal. This is a play that a successful SnG person is going to be using 85% of the time when folded to in position.

BTW my ROI has tripled in the last 200 SnG's because of a true solid understanding of how to use escalating blind schedules to your advantage.

Thanks for the detailed response!

I'm interested in the teaching/coaching...

Are you saying that you steal 85% of the time when folded to in position? What determines the 15% that you don't steal? (Board texture?).

Wow triple ROI.. that's huge!!! Congrats!
  • Thanks for the detailed response!

Are you saying that you steal 85% of the time when folded to in position? What determines the 15% that you don't steal? (Board texture?).

This is preflop, it really depends on stack sizes, relative hand strengths and
    defense frequency from the blinds.

If it is folded to me in the SB, I pretty much open push 100% in HBL, but from the CO or B it vareis more about table texture.

I will send you a PM with the refferal bonus.

T
  • i know that i posted earlier that i was done with this thread, but i recently had an idea that may be of consideration.

the argument was turbos are profitable because most people (i'm assuming that the argument is most people, if not, then i don't get the argument) don't know how to play push/fold poker (i.e. they don't adjust their opening hands enough - in turbos it's relative to the blind i'm assuming is what is meant by this). just thought that i'd suggest that this same strategy (i.e. taking advantage of people who don't adjust their opening hands) can also be used in shorthand sngs. therefore, you can eliminate the 'turbo luckiness' (i apologize if you turbo fans take offense to my wording), and still have the same advantage. just a thought ;)
  • m_dolens wrote: »
    i know that i posted earlier that i was done with this thread, but i recently had an idea that may be of consideration.

the argument was turbos are profitable because most people (i'm assuming that the argument is most people, if not, then i don't get the argument) don't know how to play push/fold poker (i.e. they don't adjust their opening hands enough - in turbos it's relative to the blind i'm assuming is what is meant by this). just thought that i'd suggest that this same strategy (i.e. taking advantage of people who don't adjust their opening hands) can also be used in shorthand sngs. therefore, you can eliminate the 'turbo luckiness' (i apologize if you turbo fans take offense to my wording), and still have the same advantage. just a thought ;)
    I play turbos like cash games except for the first level. In deep or normal SnGs or tourneys, you can "wait for a better spot". However, in a turbo, like a cash game, if you have a small edge you push it. You can be a very successful player in turbos if you can fold when you are 45% and push when you are 55%. Most turbo players will take either side of the coin flip. I concentrate on the getting in on the high side, just like cash games.