New MTSNG's at Brantford

2»

Comments

• Don't take it as 100%. Rumours about tournaments run wild in the BCC and it could be changed by next week.
  • CamW wrote: »
    Don't take it as 100%. Rumours about tournaments run wild in the BCC and it could be changed by next week.

Amen. A couple of the dealers and players were discussing it again this week when I was there. "Satellites start soon," was the talk, but as we all know, until you see something in writing, it's all just guesswork.

macb
  • SMOOTH55 wrote: »
    Remeber that AK is not as big a mathamatical favorite over 7,8s as you might think. You're never really in that bad a spot in holdem pre-flop except when dominated or pair over pair. If the donkey has 2 live cards - they're looking good to KO you.

This part is so true. I played a bingofest tourney the other day and had a chip lead. It was a winner take all tourney but deals could be made. Guy pushed into my BB for 18 chips (blinds were 3 6 at this point) so I called with my 2 4 off and hit the straight, mind you by the river hitting my 2 or 4 would have been good too. I did flop an open ended straight so had 2 cards to hit the A or 6 or 2 or 4.

The guy looked disgusted after I hit. Now if I had 30 chips or so at this point I couldn't have made this call.
  • Not cool dude. I figured if this thread had been replied to after an 11 day sleep then it must be a post with an update on the tournament info! :-\. I think that's the fastest I've ever developed and then lost a woody in my life.