Bristol St. Classic XXXXI - Wed. Mar 19th (NEW DATE!!!)

13»

Comments

• Congrats to "labeach2002" Steve for becomming the Bristol Street XXXXI Champion, earning the next seat in the 2008 GRAND FINAL!

Also a congrats goes out to "Buzzzardd" Dave for his runner-up position, "Hobbes" Ron for taking a 4th place finish and a strong, early lead in the Player of the Year race and, of course, myself for doing the noble thing and busting out on the Cash Bubble. :) "PokerQueen" hit 5th place to hit her first money of the year.

Also, I thought "joeheartsdi" (3rd place) played a great game but got nailed with a bad beat.

With only three players left, on a bord of KJ9, Steve, pushed and Joe calls with both players having similar stacks. Steve shows JT for middle pair, while Joe has 99 for bottom set.

Steve needs a Queen for the straight or perfect runners to win.

Turn, ten. River, ten. Ouch. Luckliy, Joe hit the Quad J/T jackpot last night to pick up and additional $72, in addition to third place money, so hopefully that helps reduce the sting.

Sean's table was a great addition to the basement and was very well recieved from the players.

Look for the next tournament to come very soon, where we'll be briefly moving away from no limit action to host "The Bristol St. Omaha Open"!! And then, once I find a free Saturday, look for "Jour de Poker", before the weather gets too warm.