I'm the worst player in the history of poker

I'm pissed at myself for playing this hand this way..an absolute trainwreck.

I'm 99.9% sure this guy has two pr on the flop..either 10-9 or 10-6 but I'll allow for weaker hands if you want (yes I'm sure..I read good>>PLEASE DO NOT SAY 'SET' LATER, SETS DO NOT EXIST FOR THE DURATION OF THIS THREAD ...EXCEPT FOR ME TO RESUCK)

The over-sized flop bet is related to the HH, trust me there also..though if any of you fold to his 2pr for essentially a min raise there..you can brow beat me too.

***What I'm wondering is how you all play the turn?*** (esp. Step 2)

Step 1: Check/Bet

PokerStars Game #15697224764: Tournament #78841779, $25.00+$2.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/03/02 - 20:08:15 (ET)
Table '78841779 193' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: CallMeFishhh (3000 in chips)
Seat 2: lifeskills81 (3050 in chips)
Seat 3: taylobill (2950 in chips)
Seat 4: vinagre1977 (1820 in chips)
Seat 5: JimmyNoname (3030 in chips)
Seat 6: Shizman (2970 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: stjoemo (3070 in chips)
Seat 8: THE RAFSTER (2860 in chips)
Seat 9: Kristy_Sea (4240 in chips)
stjoemo: posts small blind 10
THE RAFSTER: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Kristy_Sea [Ks Kc]
Kristy_Sea: raises 40 to 60
CallMeFishhh: calls 60
lifeskills81: folds
taylobill: folds
vinagre1977: calls 60
JimmyNoname: folds
Shizman: folds
stjoemo: folds
THE RAFSTER: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [6d 9c Tc]
THE RAFSTER: checks
Kristy_Sea: bets 220
CallMeFishhh: raises 280 to 500
vinagre1977: folds
THE RAFSTER: folds
Kristy_Sea: calls 280
*** TURN *** [6d 9c Tc] [Qc]

Comments

• Would T6-T9 call a raise at that level?
    I usually play 5-10$ tournament so I dunno what the players are like at 25.

I'd tend to go towards A10s.

I either become very rich up or very poor there... bet pot on turn, if he raise I push.

but then... I suck at poker :P
  • If you're 99% sure he has 2pr on the flop, why call the min raise?

You are looking at hitting runner/runner cause even your K may not be good if he happens to be sitting on JQ.
  • What are your reads exactly? That would be a smidge helpfull.

Effective Stacks are almost 50 BB.

I think a strong draw is more likely than 2 pair here. Your overbet looks bluffy....nuts or air kind of thing. With you playing it this way there is no way you can fold the flop. I would likely 3 bet flop to about $1500 and call a shove.

As played you are in a tough spot. Don't know how likely KJ is unless it is clubs and we know he doesn't have that so I doubt his straight got there. Stacks are good for a CRAI but I still don't know if you have any fold equity but at least you have one out if he has the nut flush!!!
  • Edit: for Hobbes...reading Caddy's now.

kc,ks win 30.61%: ties 1.52% ... to call 280 into 970ish with him sitting on about 2450. And knowing that there are a lot of pretty gross cards that can come for two pr. here.

I don't think folding is completely wrong, but I'm also not certain that calling is completely terrible...but I actually just want to get to step two.
  • I felt like I couldn't fold the flop for 280..but I'm also not getting him off the hand I put him on.

and you're going to hate my 'exact reads'... it's all timing and intuition.
    Hopefully by now I've got enough street cred to just say..I'm pretty sure.
  • me wants to know the ending... is it sexy?
  • Step:2 WWUD? Spoiler in white

Kristy_Sea: checks
    CallMeFishhh: bets 880
    Kristy_Sea: raises 2600 to 3480
    CallMeFishhh: calls 1560 and is all-in
    *** RIVER *** [6d 9c Tc Qc] [Ad]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Kristy_Sea: shows [Ks Kc] (a pair of Kings)
    CallMeFishhh: shows [9h Th] (two pair, Tens and Nines)
    CallMeFishhh collected 6130 from pot

For giggles here is the VERY next hand..same tournament

PokerStars Game #15697256727: Tournament #78841779, $25.00+$2.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/03/02 - 20:09:43 (ET)
    Table '78841779 193' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 1: CallMeFishhh (6130 in chips)
    Seat 4: vinagre1977 (1760 in chips)
    Seat 7: stjoemo (3060 in chips)
    Seat 8: THE RAFSTER (2800 in chips)
    Seat 9: Kristy_Sea (1240 in chips)
    THE RAFSTER: posts small blind 10
    Kristy_Sea: posts big blind 20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Kristy_Sea [Jc Js]
    CallMeFishhh: folds
    vinagre1977: calls 20
    THE RAFSTER: calls 10
    Kristy_Sea: raises 60 to 80
    THE RAFSTER: calls 60
    *** FLOP *** [4d 2h 3s]
    Kristy_Sea: bets 200
    vinagre1977: calls 200
    THE RAFSTER: calls 200
    *** TURN *** [4d 2h 3s] [3d]
    Kristy_Sea: bets 260
    THE RAFSTER: calls 260
    *** RIVER *** [4d 2h 3s 3d] [Ad]
    Kristy_Sea: HAD HONESTLY ALREADY CLICKED 'CHECK/FOLD' lol

*** SHOW DOWN ***
    THE RAFSTER: shows [Qd 5d] (a flush, Ace high)
    Kristy_Sea: shows [Jc Js] (two pair, Jacks and Threes)
    THE RAFSTER collected 1360 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1360 | Rake 0
    Board [4d 2h 3s 3d Ad]
    Seat 1: CallMeFishhh folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: lifeskills81 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: taylobill folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: vinagre1977 folded on the Turn
    Seat 5: JimmyNoname folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: Shizman folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: stjoemo (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: THE RAFSTER (small blind) showed [Qd 5d] and won (1360) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 9: Kristy_Sea (big blind) showed [Jc Js] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Threes
  • Do you have enough cred that you can represent the flush here and push him off? If so, push based on your 2pr read.

or you may try 1/3-1/2 pot and if he comes over the top fold.
  • LOL. So when you say your READ was that he had 2 pair you are referring to READING the HH after the hand was over.
  • ok, so I apparently DON'T have the street cred with you...

This is what I do well.
  • kristy, I missed you

Finally a neat problem.

In that spot, played the way you did

a) you can afford to fold, and bitch that I should have raised more preflop

b) unless this is a bafooon that I have seen push TPTK

but really what else is going to give you resistance?

- given the position you likely would be up against 78, 9T, or nutflush draw maybe a set, but you would think that set would push scared of a flush draw and overs.

- what hands do you beat?

TPTK ? maybe, but very read dependent if I call/fold/raise

A flush draw? but I think I would rule this out a min raise is the most retarded line I have seen but it is a $27

QQ - JJ , a very weak line given the flush and str draws... again if a bad player then ofcourse, but do you really know anything?

What hands don't I beat?

AA - probably raises so lets rule it out
    TT - very likely given preflop
    99 - again very likely given preflop
    T9 - yep yep PF
    78 - yep yep pf
    T6s - yah if the guy is an idiot

I just don't think I would want to get stacked here postflop, if it was preflop where the edge was bigger then I would love to get my chips AI.

So with the 3xbb open UTG how many callers did you want?
  • AS redington said...
    When I have aa,kk,qq ... especially on stars... I like to over-raise PF just to avoid getting ass-raped by that kind of hand.

sure you only win blinds sometimes but you also don't lose 3/4 of your stack :P
  • Redington wrote: »
    So with the 3xbb open UTG how many callers did you want?

Thanks for the input Tyson! I really cannot explain the feeling that it is not a set or straight, but IS a real hand in any way that doesn't sound flimsy...but I trust myself.

I'm playing crazy farm league there..."Ladies and gentleman, I'll start the bidding at 3xBB" and react from there, sort of like poking small woodland animals with a stick. What do you like to open for?
  • 1st level with lots of calling station donkeys, I'm going to 100 or 120. Sometimes I'll just shove and try and pick up a rep as a retard.

FWIW if I make it to the turn and pick up that many outs I shove first and put the decision on him. No donkey can fold 2pr after committing another 800 chips to the pot and how do you get paid if he checks behind on the turn and the river flush completes?
  • I have no idea what that mean, but I just want to go on record saying

I :heart: INSANEGUY
  • cadillac wrote: »
    machinecodevh5.jpg

wow... now I even have my own comic strip!!!
    I'm slowly becoming a star!!!
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I'm pissed at myself for playing this hand this way..an absolute trainwreck.

I'm 99.9% sure this guy has two pr on the flop..either 10-9 or 10-6 but I'll allow for weaker hands if you want (yes I'm sure..I read good>>PLEASE DO NOT SAY 'SET' LATER, SETS DO NOT EXIST FOR THE DURATION OF THIS THREAD ...EXCEPT FOR ME TO RESUCK)

The over-sized flop bet is related to the HH, trust me there also..though if any of you fold to his 2pr for essentially a min raise there..you can brow beat me too.

***What I'm wondering is how you all play the turn?*** (esp. Step 2)

Step 1: Check/Bet

PokerStars Game #15697224764: Tournament #78841779, $25.00+$2.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/03/02 - 20:08:15 (ET)
    Table '78841779 193' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 1: CallMeFishhh (3000 in chips)
    Seat 4: vinagre1977 (1820 in chips)
    Seat 7: stjoemo (3070 in chips)
    Seat 8: THE RAFSTER (2860 in chips)
    Seat 9: Kristy_Sea (4240 in chips)
    stjoemo: posts small blind 10
    THE RAFSTER: posts big blind 20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Kristy_Sea [Ks Kc]
    Kristy_Sea: raises 40 to 60
    CallMeFishhh: calls 60
    THE RAFSTER: calls 40
    *** FLOP *** [6d 9c Tc]
    Kristy_Sea: bets 220
    CallMeFishhh: raises 280 to 500
    THE RAFSTER: folds
    Kristy_Sea: calls 280

Lets say we agree that he is 99% two pair.
    My first thought is to raise here.... How much I don't know.

We are a slight dog to 2 pair but the question is, "Do we have enough Fold Equity to push?"
    About 1000 in the pot with 2500 effective stacks...

If your 2 pair read is right..

cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
    9s Td 25 56.82 19 43.18 0 0.00 0.568
    Ks Kc 19 43.18 25 56.82 0 0.00 0.432

Then we will win 43% of the time we get called.

.43*3500=1505 .... we need to make up about 995 in fold equity to make pushing even money.

Plugging CallMeFishh into OPR yields:

Full Tracking Prizes Profit ROI ABI AFS R/A ITM ITM
    Hold'em No Limit $2,921 <$0 -46% $78 3024 27% 6/70 9%

In other words he's a crap player.

What kind of bad player would cold call an UTG raise with T9 or T6?

Very loose ones.

How much fold equity do we have by betting our 2nd nut flush+gutshot plus overcard pair?

Not much.

Conclusion: Pushing isn't right.

What about making a blocking bet?
    Has he seen us make blocking bets before?
    If we bet say... 300-500... and he just calls we will have correct odds to draw..
    What's the chance that he will come over out blocking bet?
    Is he aggressive? Will he be scared that the Qc completes a flush/straight?
    If he comes over the top I'd fold.
  • Lets say we agree that he is 99% two pair.
    My first thought is to raise here.... How much I don't know.

We are a slight dog to 2 pair but the question is, "Do we have enough Fold Equity to push?"
    About 1000 in the pot with 2500 effective stacks...

If your 2 pair read is right..

cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
    9s Td 25 56.82 19 43.18 0 0.00 0.568
    Ks Kc 19 43.18 25 56.82 0 0.00 0.432

Then we will win 43% of the time we get called.

.43*3500=1505 .... we need to make up about 995 in fold equity to make pushing even money.

Plugging CallMeFishh into OPR yields:

Full Tracking Prizes Profit ROI ABI AFS R/A ITM ITM
    Hold'em No Limit $2,921 <$0 -46% $78 3024 27% 6/70 9%

In other words he's a crap player.

What kind of bad player would cold call an UTG raise with T9 or T6?

Very loose ones.

How much fold equity do we have by betting our 2nd nut flush+gutshot plus overcard pair?

Not much.

Conclusion: Pushing isn't right.

What about making a blocking bet?
    Has he seen us make blocking bets before?
    If we bet say... 300-500... and he just calls we will have correct odds to draw..
    What's the chance that he will come over out blocking bet?
    Is he aggressive? Will he be scared that the Qc completes a flush/straight?
    If he comes over the top I'd fold.

Might want to check your math... you dont need any fold equity for a shove to to profitable against a range of T9, T6
    I'm playing crazy farm league there..."Ladies and gentleman, I'll start the bidding at 3xBB" and react from there, sort of like poking small woodland animals with a stick. What do you like to open for?

Open limp hoping to reraise UTG, and bitching to fold to aggression on the flop like above.

Most people have no idea of position until midlevel, so 4-5x isnt bad either as it will camo your LP steal esp if you get a chance to show down those monsters.

You have such an edge preflop thats when you money should be going in...as well you know it is hard to fold KK even AA ;)

unless it is a table at bristol, then I would overbet like 6x utg
  • _obv_ wrote: »
    Might want to check your math... you dont need any fold equity for a shove to to profitable against a range of T9, T6

Humm yes you're right ... duh I forgot he would put in 2500 too ... duh .43 * (1000 in the pot + 2500 + 2500 ) = 2580

yes... shoving is slightly profitable.... shove away...

thanks for the correction!
  • so what is the consensus then for playing the turn..are you two suggesting an outright shove or a check-raise?
  • Umm,

How do we KNOW he has two pair?

If you can put him on two pair, then how do you not put him on a str?
    Or how about a set?

Am i missing something here? how do you narrow the range to two pair?
  • Redington wrote: »
    U
    Am i missing something here? how do you narrow the range to two pair?

crystal%20ball.jpg
  • First: This is the 27.50 gtd..there is the occassional reasonable player here and there, but for the most part..they suck. Getting the gist of how they are playing is hardly black magic.

Like I said you'll have trouble dealing with this, it sounds flimsy but I trust myself.

he was one tabling and his timing was off, he hesitated (but not long enough to be considered hollywooding) then proceeded to raise. At this level and from the way he had been playing thus far- he was NOT a good enough player to do this with a set. (Which he legally weds the second it flops and he protects thereafter with a bigger re-raise) I rule out weaker hands because the raise wasn't enough.. he paused too long to be contemplating my 7/8 potential (which 3x utg is not) and then decided he was good. =top pr +??? 9/6.. the next most likely is a-10s and then 9-6

And when all that fails to convince you, just trust me, or ask someone who's watched me play. You think this is a crazy read, you should see me do POF profiles for guys I know...I'm such a shipper at that.

I'm not being over the top when I say; this is where I'm good. My range is better than your range and I'm able to make better decisions because of it.
    so what is the consensus then for playing the turn..are you two suggesting an outright shove or a check-raise?

I just re-read the HH and realized you were 4 to the flop. Oops! Your flop bet of $220 makes more sense to me now and this changes the way I look at the hand.

His re-raise in a 4 way pot is much less likely to be draw an more likely to some type of made hand. I probably call the flop and CRAI on the turn. You have enough equity to get it in here.

FWIW I can see a player hesitating before their action on that 4 way flop like always. You putting him on 2 pr and not TPTK, Set, or overpair or possibly a big draw is just Voodoo IMO. But if it works for you my hats off.

:)

Interesting hand. Thanks for posting it.
    You might want to check YOUR math, too! :) If there is no fold equity, shoving with the worse hand is unprofitable.
    Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    so what is the consensus then for playing the turn..are you two suggesting an outright shove or a check-raise?
    IF your read on CallMeFishhh is that he is not a good enough player to fold two pair even with scare cards, then the best play on the turn is to check-call! If I get any of my 19 outs on the river, only then I would go all in and the :fish: would be unable to fold his flopped top two pair. 57% of the time, I will not improve on the river so I will check-fold and save 3,680 chips. IF I know that he won't fold his two pair on the turn, betting out or check-raising on the turn is unprofitable.

This is similar to pokerJAH's thread. Given his assumption that he knows what his opponent has and that the player is so bad that he will call an all-in on the flop or turn, the best EV-maximizing play becomes to check first then save the all-in bet for a later street when you know that you have the best hand and will be called.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    You might want to check YOUR math, too! :) If there is no fold equity, shoving with the worse hand is unprofitable.

not with all that money already in the pot
    not with all that money already in the pot

Yes it is - Pushing is more profitable than a FOLD, but not a check.

If there is no fold equity at all, then you are only going to win an average of 43% of the money that goes in on the turn, but the less amount of money you put in on the turn the better your equity.

But, if you check or bet small and they shove, you definitely have the right odds to call.

The only reason to push here would be to gain fold equity - so if we are saying that no fold equity can be gained, then shoving is definitely the wrong choice
  • do you guys still like the check/call if we presume that my opponent is not paying me off on most of my outs on the river? (ie:4 to a flush is prob not getting paid off, prob not 4 to a straight either.)

Do you still like it better than a shove or c/r on the turn? (I can't decide if that sounds sarcastic -so I'm just going to tell you I'm sincerely looking for input)