Handles - Origins

2»

Comments

• Watching Romeo Must Die when Anthony Anderson was looking for Jet Li, he started calling out "hey dimsum"...and then my friend just coined my name Tim into Timsum and it's stuck ever since.
  • Years ago I played on a slo pitch team at work called the Buzzards. Everytime I worked on a different shift and walked down the main aisle of the plant all the guys on the other teams would yell out "hey Buzzard". When I joined my first poker site Buzzard was taken so I lengthened it to Buzzzardd.
  • I got mine from a group of guys I knew from high school. I used to host fairly frequent house parties and one guys was so drunk he could barely talk. He kept calling me "Shhhteve" which degenerated into "Shhhhtevo" then " Shhhhtevieboy" and some how he eventually ended up at "Shhhhtebsy" and "Shtebs", which everyone started calling me that night for some reason. Whenever I decided to have another party, they started calling them "Shtebsfest".
    Only a handful of buddies ever called me that outside of the parties but when I started having to pick handles and ID names for various things any variation of my actual name was always taken. I remembered the old quasi-nickname from high school and it has been available everywhere I've ever tried to use it.
  • When I first started online I wanted to make sure that they knew they were getting beat by a girl. I have kristy + [underscore] combinations in a few places, but Kristy_Sea is half my last name and leaves the door open for lots of puns.
  • When I was an intern at my first real job designing a financial institutions online banking website (we were red), they named EVERY intern STAN. Then after 2 weeks they realized that I was a rude and obnoxious intern and didn't stand for no crap like all the other STANs did, so I became ANTI - STAN. or Anti for short.

It's pretty cool. I did have someone on a site once tell me their AUNT IS TAN too. I had no idea what they were talking about.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I'm just not very imaginative I guess.

My given name is John, but I prefer Johnnie. As in Johnnie Walker Scotch.

Dude, I got mine because I'm a fat tub of goo, how original is that?

Although I used to be one hot mofo until I met my first chicken wing?