Decent March Tournaments

2»

Comments

• BlondeFish wrote: »
    What did you and your friend think about the shoot-out structure? The effective rake is at least 26%, including the 4% staff gratuities and assuming one goes through the withholding refund cost of ~7.5%. There is a highly +EV tournament that I used to play every week, but ever since I haven't been able to play in it, I have been a net loser in tournaments this year so I want to play in only good-value tournaments. I will probably skip these shoot-outs and rest up for the WSOP satellite at 7 PM.

Much like any shootout format its "Play tight early". The level of play wasn't the greatest at least at my table, pretty well the same at my buddies table. In fact he qualified with only 125 in chips left after the 2 chip leaders decided to butt heads and go allin on the flop, my buddy mucked and watched the bigger stack win the hand and end the satellite.
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Anyone that plays in USA based tournaments should go through the steps of getting an ITIN number, its really not difficult at all and only takes a few small steps to do. Saving from having to pay 3rd party firms is worth it. If you need the info let me know.

Maybe you should make a post informing people on how to do it and that could be made a sticky?
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Anyone that plays in USA based tournaments should go through the steps of getting an ITIN number, its really not difficult at all and only takes a few small steps to do. Saving from having to pay 3rd party firms is worth it. If you need the info let me know.

Sorry, I'm still a little green... What's an ITIN number?
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Maybe you should make a post informing people on how to do it and that could be made a sticky?

Chris give me a day or two to put something together in an easy to read and understand format.
  • MarcoGD wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm still a little green... What's an ITIN number?

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number...

Its issued by the IRS and once you have one you won't have tax deducted from your winnings when collecting but are required to file a US federal tax return at years end.

Hope that helps.