Expedia.ca

2»

Comments

• BlondeFish wrote: »
    When I was about to book with Expedia.ca, the first day at the hotel suddenly became unavailable so the price jumped, :mad: then it became available the next day so I tried to book again, then only the Deluxe room was available again, but the package price was actually the lowest I had seen and I eventually managed to book it by phoning Expedia support. It works out to only $65/day/person!

Expedia can be so annoying like that with their price changes after you enter all your info.... you were lucky to be able to get through to phone support. Last time I tried I waited over an hour and gave up.
  • Yea the prices increase and decrease several times a day. When I was going thru all the motions filling out stuff, the price per person went up $4.00 by the time I finished.
  • schabs wrote: »
    Yea the prices increase and decrease several times a day. When I was going thru all the motions filling out stuff, the price per person went up $4.00 by the time I finished.

That is the dumbest thing.... how can they justify a $4 price change... that basically says that their software realized you are committed to buying the package so it goes "lets see if we can get them for a few more dollars".
  • I dont know why it changes so frequently. I wasn't going to cancel my trip for an extra $8, it's stupid I know.
  • I've always liked the combo flight/hotel deals on Expedia.

For Vegas, for many of the hotels, just book the basic room and tip the clerk during check-in for a room upgrade. Overall, it works about 70% of the time, even more-so at some specific hotels. Check out FrontDeskTip.com - Your First Bet should be at Hotel Check-in for the success rates at various hotels.

I checked into Caesars last year right on July 4, just before their busiest wedding weekend of the year (since it was 7/7/7). When I got to the check-in, there were about 40 people in line ahead of me. I tipped one of the bell-hops $5 to take me to the VIP check-in room, where there was 1 person in line. I tipped the guy $50 bucks (since I was staying for 6 days instead of the standard 3 or 4 nights) and he upgraded me from the basic Expedia room booking to a suite on the 43rd floor! For some hotels on some days, this seems to work very well, when on other days you just can't seem to get any upgrades.

Cheers.