Pokerstars PCA in Nassau @ Atlantis

2»

Comments

• I'm in class so I'm watching the live webcast and following along...

Another update

Glen Chorny is moving in the wrong direction after playing a big hand aganst ElkY and having to fold to an all-in raise on the river. Then he got involved and dropped some more to Joe Elpayaa.
  • who is the guy wearing the overalls?
  • this live feed is great; when is the final table btw?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    this live feed is great; when is the final table btw?

chrono is coming to the live feed.. nice.
  • I'm loving the Vinny jersey!
  • rough hand for connor..
  • Great run Choron!
  • great run.. shitty way to get out but a really great cash.

you play many tournys choron?
  • i managed to catch a bit of the action. nice result chorny. congrats.

does this mean more dead money for the kw underground scene (assuming there still is one)?

you might want to have a word with the guy that busted you out. i can't recall his exact words as you left the table but they weren't too kind.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i managed to catch a bit of the action. nice result chorny. congrats.

does this mean more dead money for the kw underground scene (assuming there still is one)?

you might want to have a word with the guy that busted you out. i can't recall his exact words as you left the table but they weren't too kind.

not to mention his friends cheering.. it was a little louder than needed.. i would have been pissed at that. shitty way to go out.. but a really solid run.

from what i gather.. he said he had been waiting for the past two hours for that spot. not sure if it was in general.. or with you choron specifically.. but the commentator suggested that he had seen a tell and was waiting to exploit it.
  • Nice showing Chorny!

How'd the herb down there?!!

:D
  • Congratulations Glen.
  • Congrats Glen
  • congrats, nice score
  • nice run at it; you weren't worried about an over pair, etc? seemed to be a fast call with middle pair. Can't remember how many chips you had left after the flop. Don't blow all your winnings on poker!
  • Chrony - on that one all-in where you stood up, did you intentionally splash your stack to try and intice a certain type of action from your opponents?
  • Great piece of work down there and congratulations!
  • Just got back to Florida... I'm so traumatized...*sigh* I got rivered in about six pots after I cracked the aces with kings... At the feature table I actually picked up aces for the second time in four days and only ended stealing the blinds where I could have been back in it...AKo when I overshoved the first time and 33 when I overshoved on BigEgypt(who is officially the biggest douchebag in the world) and splashed the pot unintenionally...The hand I had vs Elky was bottom two afterwards he told me he had a set of aces...Also against BigEgypt ran AQ into AK...Played out as follows: I Cold called his EP raise PF...Flopped an ace on a harmless board and just called again feeling something was up...check check on turn and river called a bet of 300kish...

As for the last hand at the final table I raised from the button with As8x pretty standard and got cold called by BigIdiot with Q9ss...Flop was 98s2s and he check shoved...With the 3 flush and middle pair with the best kicker I was hoping he was shoving a draw one time...I really couldn't put him on an overpair or a 9 here unless he had A9 which would be cooler...

I'm so satisfied to see him only get 6th though that you guys have no idea...He's such a douchebag...Apparently he was saying he was waiting to play a big pot with me or some shit...Whatever, I'm not the classless douchebag...I would play him HU cash anyday of the week...

Next time I guess...I'm very happy with the way I played...God it sucks to finish 13th here though...
  • Also wanted to add the pot size on that A8 vs Q9 hand would have put me back to 1.8million if I won it...I only had 400k behind...
  • does anyone know if there are cash games running during these tournament times at Atlantis? I know there is no cash games during the rest of the year. Going to be there in January 2011. Thanks.
    does anyone know if there are cash games running during these tournament times at Atlantis? I know there is no cash games during the rest of the year. Going to be there in January 2011. Thanks.

Tons.......
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Tons.......

ok, thanks. Hopefully affordable not all $25/$50 etc. Are there two separate 10k tournaments running at Atlantis that week? I think they are completely separate? does pokerstars run satellites to the smaller tournaments not just the main event?

PokerStars Caribbean Adventure - PCA News & Schedule - Qualify Online

EPT PCA Bahamas 2011,European Poker Tour PCA Bahamas 2011
  • My friend who isn't a great cash game player said the 10 20 nl is very soft during tourny times
    ok, thanks. Hopefully affordable not all $25/$50 etc. Are there two separate 10k tournaments running at Atlantis that week? I think they are completely separate? does pokerstars run satellites to the smaller tournaments not just the main event?

PokerStars Caribbean Adventure - PCA News & Schedule - Qualify Online

EPT PCA Bahamas 2011,European Poker Tour PCA Bahamas 2011

These are the same tourney......PCA is a part of the EPT.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    These are the same tourney......PCA is a part of the EPT.

figured as much but they seem to have different dates for the tournament series.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    My friend who isn't a great cash game player said the 10 20 nl is very soft during tourny times

hopefully they also run some 2/5-5/5. Either way its a good time to be at Atlantis!