any rake-free games running in kitchener waterloo?

if anyone runs any rake-free home cash or tourney games pls leave a msg or some contact info, thanks!

phil

Comments

• phil118 wrote: »
    if anyone runs any rake-free home cash or tourney games pls leave a msg or some contact info, thanks!

phil

If you REMOTELY try to even LOOK at any of the threads in this VERY board, I'm SURE you can find one thats taking place THIS WEEK.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    If you REMOTELY try to even LOOK at any of the threads in this VERY board, I'm SURE you can find one thats taking place THIS WEEK.

i don't see any cash games and for tourneys all i see is the bristol one which is i think $10 buy-in? i was hoping for anything even just slightly larger than that
    or ANy cash games (don't think i saw any postings for these?)

thanks
    phil
  • you are right. wes is just being a dick.

if you find anyone running a rake-free 2/5nl or 5/5nl game let me know.
  • Greg,

The Garnet room is going to be running soon. (rakefree)
    Maybe even a pro dealer too.

You going to be able to make the trip?
    T
  • Redington wrote: »
    Greg,

The Garnet room is going to be running soon. (rakefree)
    Maybe even a pro dealer too.

what/where is the garnet room going to be running? and what stakes?

thanks
    phil
  • Redington wrote: »
    The Garnet room is going to be running soon.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm, garnet....

deal me IN!
    what/where is the garnet room going to be running? and what stakes?

thanks
    phil

Garnet room = my basement also = NO RAKE!

Usually $50 - $100 sit n go, followed by $.25/.50NL to $1/2NL

Look for me tonight and we will talk.....
  • Do you mind if I ask why it's called the "Garnet room"?
  • SmokinAces wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask why it's called the "Garnet room"?
    Maybe he's got a thing for your man! :D

/g2
  • isn't Phil a cop?

No really.
  • lol uh no im a student at U of W just looking for a live poker game ..... ><

i guess waterloo poker players aren't the most welcoming huh..

anyways i was at the bristol tourney came in 5th too first time there, woot! haha..

on a side note, anything bigger than .25/.5nl or 50++ tournies pls let me know!

thanks!
    phil
  • who do you know?

Edit: Just wanted to add that he stayed online long enough to see this.

cop..poker narc same difference. I don't personally know this guy, nor am I speaking with any level of certainty- but I'd be wary of noobs like him.

That's all I've got to say, prove me wrong Phil
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    isn't Phil a cop?

He was at Johnnie's last night and he showed up late with a coffee and donut. Very suspicious.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    He was at Johnnie's last night and he showed up late with a coffee and donut. Very suspicious.
    If he was really a cop it would have been a box of donuts.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    If he was really a cop it would have been a box of donuts.

/g2

Hey Johnnie brought a box of donuts......:D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    But Johnnie shared, right?

/g2
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Actually, Braad brought them....
  • Hey Kristy,
    I'm sure I can get you something for that level of paranoia you're feeling, lol.

I'm sure the OPP are sending cops down to raid JohnnieH's 'fishing for quarters' game, that's hilarious!!

p.s. Phil or <anyone else out there> I really can't get her anything for that paranoia, just in case YOU'RE ALL COPS!!

stp
    lol uh no im a student at U of W just looking for a live poker game ..... ><

i guess waterloo poker players aren't the most welcoming huh..

anyways i was at the bristol tourney came in 5th too first time there, woot! haha..

on a side note, anything bigger than .25/.5nl or 50++ tournies pls let me know!

thanks!
    phil

If I were a cop that's exactly what I'd say too.
  • like I said,

higher than ave. chance of being a poker narc working off charges..I can be proven wrong but...

who the hell logs on and immediately makes such a point of seeking 'rake-free'

oh yeah, and Shannon...
    How YOU doin'
    see you tonight, bring the anti-paranoia meds. ;)
  • Well I'm guessing we aren't going to get an answer to our question.
  • Now that Phils not coming on Saturday, maybe it won't be rake free. Interesting.
  • Oh,and as far a phill being a cop???Why do you even care if the games are rake free? I know for a fact that no judge would ever convict someone for running a rake free game.Therefore no cop would ever bother busting a rake free game.I'm sure undercover cops have bigger things to worry about than this.I'm also sure there are lots of cops who enjoy playing poker when they are off duty.
  • [QUOTE=SmokinAces;131479 I'm also sure there are lots of cops who enjoy playing poker when they are off duty.[/QUOTE]

Where do you think they get their cards, tables and chips from?
  • no one implied that they were going to bust a rake-free game. Nor did I say that I think he collects paycheques from the opp...I just don't like his phrasing.
  • Kristy, u make no sense. Maybe if you actually thought about it..
    I'm asking for a rake-free game because i don't want to show up at a rake game at the moment and stupidly get charged for "attending a gaming house"

thanks
    phil
  • *sigh*

I'd like to request a paint option for the forum. I really need to draw more pictures.
  • yeah.. better whip out those crayons
  • that's what she said, right?
  • i guess some people just dont get it
    thats okay, can't expect everyone to be smart