MTT Rebuy

2»

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    You are at a Cook crew $2 rebuy. Mario shoves for 9k. You have 14k and AQ. Fold or call? Your table has been tight and even though you have accumulated a decent stack, you know once your table breaks you are screwed because you know the other table has burned through 2 cups of rebuys. If you say fold Tyson, you lie. Same thing. Bigger scale.

Actually, I fold AQ quite a bit. With a Big stack, if I am on my game I fold. If I have been donking my way up to big stack I call. Hopefully the way I am playing now I fold.

If I have a med-small stack I insta push. As I wanna double or rebuy.
  • margaud wrote: »
    Some thoughts I had while reading this thread.

"small stack is 50% to have strong Ax"
    I totally disagree here. This person has just over 5 bbs. It's a good play to push with ANY TWO here simply because they can do a double rebuy if they lose. Folding here and you can only do a rebuy/addon. When we get to the end of the rebuy period, if I don't have more chips than double the rebuy, I'll pretty much push with anything in a last ditch effort to chip up before the real poker playing begins.

Actually I said I give 50% that the first push is with ax (x being anything).
    Not that I am calculating odds against the first push. But I am figuring to have one ace burnded for my odds against the call.
  • This is a *rebuy* tournement.

The idea is to *win* the damn thing... you know? Come in First?

You don't win rebuys by playing safe...

You want to finish the rebuy phase with about 40,000+

Playing scared safe poker in a rebuy is a losing proposition...

The name of the game isn't survive long and play it safe and nurture your small stack ...

Yes I agree the flat call is scary...

But I'd push it all in here.
  • This is a *rebuy* tournement.

The idea is to *win* the damn thing... you know? Come in First?

You don't win rebuys by playing safe...

You want to finish the rebuy phase with about 40,000+

Playing scared safe poker in a rebuy is a losing proposition...

The name of the game isn't survive long and play it safe and nurture your small stack ...

Yes I agree the flat call is scary...

But I'd push it all in here.

By the way, I wrote the above assuming you know how to muscle a table with a big stack... and that getting that big stack is a priority to you.