Quick Question about deposits

Of the reputable options for depositing to an online poker site are any of them instant?

I know with neteller it took a few days to establish an account. Can I get setup on any of these sites and beplaying tonight? My CC is blocked from depositing to online poker sites.

Thanks!

Comments

• With Click2Pay yes, they front you the cash and then debit your CC later. My CC is blocked as well but the charge from Click2Pay seems to go through as something other then 'gaming' and is allowed by my bank (Scotia) eventhough all other gaming sites are blocked including Moneybookers.
  • Big E wrote: »
    With Click2Pay yes, they front you the cash and then debit your CC later. My CC is blocked as well but the charge from Click2Pay seems to go through as something other then 'gaming' and is allowed by my bank (Scotia) eventhough all other gaming sites are blocked including Moneybookers.
    damn so i setup moneybookers for nothing......
    another thing moneybooker account doesn't work with mansion canadian account....
  • Bah! PC Bank blocks this transaction to click2pay. I guess I'm not destined to play online anymore.
  • damn so i setup moneybookers for nothing......
    another thing moneybooker account doesn't work with mansion canadian account....
    Hold on there, Moneybookers works just fine at least with UB, Mansion and Pokerstars, which are the only ones I personally have used it for. Now all of my accounts are in US funds so can't speak for Canadian, although why anyone would use anything else other than a US Dollar account is beyond me.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Hold on there, Moneybookers works just fine at least with UB, Mansion and Pokerstars, which are the only ones I personally have used it for. Now all of my accounts are in US funds so can't speak for Canadian, although why anyone would use anything else other than a US Dollar account is beyond me.
    because US dollar is except to drop in the long term.
    i have mansion setup in Canadian dollar too.
    as for moneybooker, i can change the currency anytime.
  • Look guys I have tried Moneybookers to move funds around from site to site and it works just fine, same as Neteller did, and no fees. Now I realize there is a fee to get money from your Bank account to Moneybookers but since I have still never needed to do that it is not a concern to me. If there is a fee to move money back to my bank account well then if it is too much I will just load up my Stars account and get a check sent from there... If there is a better option for us Canadians then tell me...
  • Ercules wrote: »
    Bah! PC Bank blocks this transaction to click2pay. I guess I'm not destined to play online anymore.

Did you try to fund the Click2Pay account or did it fail verification? My verification went through ok but trying to fund the account failed....however when I went to deposit through the poker site it went through and my credit card was charged successfully?
    Look guys I have tried Moneybookers to move funds around from site to site and it works just fine, same as Neteller did, and no fees. Now I realize there is a fee to get money from your Bank account to Moneybookers but since I have still never needed to do that it is not a concern to me.

Unfortunately there is no way to fund Moneybookers without transfering in from your account with huge bank fees (at least from my bank). If there was it'd be great but no sites I play on allow you to cash out to bookers without first depositing from bookers and bookers will only accept a bank wire from me my CC is blocked.
    Did you try to fund the Click2Pay account or did it fail verification? My verification went through ok but trying to fund the account failed....however when I went to deposit through the poker site it went through and my credit card was charged successfully?

Failed during verification.
    Unfortunately there is no way to fund Moneybookers without transfering in from your account with huge bank fees (at least from my bank). If there was it'd be great but no sites I play on allow you to cash out to bookers without first depositing from bookers and bookers will only accept a bank wire from me my CC is blocked.

Actually, not true. I am in the process of verifying my CC with moneybookers now. Unfortunatley I have to wait to find the amount the charged it as a security feature. The bank told me the wrong amount so I have to wait 24 hours.
    Ah so that's the issue, I was lucky, UB would transfer back to MB without a deposit first so I used that to get me going... Now I think I have most of the sites that I play on working with MB, no fees.......
  • I had to make a small CC deposit to money bookers ($50) then make a deposit on Party, etc in order to withdraw from there. It wasn't a big deal. The 1.9% CC fee was a lot better than the insta debit fee from neteller.
  • I think most of us lucked out by withdrawing before deposting, guessing they caught on.

Easiest way to get started on MB is to have a buddy who already has $ in their MB account send you some $. You can then use those funds to deposit into whatever site, and then make a withdrawal for more.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I think most of us lucked out by withdrawing before deposting, guessing they caught on.

Easiest way to get started on MB is to have a buddy who already has $ in their MB account send you some $. You can then use those funds to deposit into whatever site, and then make a withdrawal for more.
    That's also a very good suggestion, good thinking....
  • actyper wrote: »
    I think most of us lucked out by withdrawing before deposting, guessing they caught on.

Will you be my friend ???

Just kidding. I am having all kinds of difficulty confirming the debit transaction to verify my CC though. Pain in the ass, no wonder so many people have stopped playing.
  • I got everything setup no problem.
    validation pass as well.
    when you call the bank, you have to ask "what's the exact exchange rate"
  • I got everything setup no problem.
    validation pass as well.
    when you call the bank, you have to ask "what's the exact exchange rate"

Is this in response to my problems? If so, I'm not sure I understand what I need to ask. I called the bank, they told me the charge from moneybookers was so many $$$. What exactly do I need to clarify?

Sorry if I'm being dense :)
  • Try funding Click2Pay from a poker site rather than from your cc. You avoid the rip-off fee for them fronting you the cash. No fees, no hassles for me anyway :)
  • BrickWall wrote: »
    Try funding Click2Pay from a poker site rather than from your cc. You avoid the rip-off fee for them fronting you the cash. No fees, no hassles for me anyway :)

Yeah, except I cleaned out all of my online accounts several months back :(

At this rate I'm thinking of just sending a bank draft. :)
    Is this in response to my problems? If so, I'm not sure I understand what I need to ask. I called the bank, they told me the charge from moneybookers was so many $$$. What exactly do I need to clarify?

Sorry if I'm being dense :)
    yo due
    the bank tell you how much you get charge after they convert it to Canadian.
    where moneybookers want you to key in the exact EURO amont, they charge to your card.
    so, when they tell you, 4 buck, you need to ask, what the exchange rate, or what's the euro amont.
  • yo due
    the bank tell you how much you get charge after they convert it to Canadian.
    where moneybookers want you to key in the exact EURO amont, they charge to your card.
    so, when they tell you, 4 buck, you need to ask, what the exchange rate, or what's the euro amont.
    And that's exactly why you use nothing but US currency. Then you don't get hit with exchange charges. I just withdraw to a US $$ account then either use the funds when I am in the US or if I end up with too much US currency (like that is ever going to happen.. lol) I will exchange at my own bank.
  • Fudge. I give up, I called the bank to get the actual exchange rate they use and they don't have the exact amount only an estimate so I tried it on moneybookers and now the damn thing locked up cause it was wrong again. Forget it, I give up.

B&M's for me.
    Fudge. I give up, I called the bank to get the actual exchange rate they use and they don't have the exact amount only an estimate so I tried it on moneybookers and now the damn thing locked up cause it was wrong again. Forget it, I give up.

B&M's for me.
    why don't you just set up bank account with moneybookers?
    or just try to use the credit card on the poker site you want to play.
    when i deposite on fulltilt with TD visa, no good. CIBC give green light.
    when i deposite on Mansion with CIBC, no good. but TD visa give green light....
    go figure......
    but be warn, credit card company does not treate it as if you are buying something. they treat it as cash advance. interest charge started immediately. i found that out, when i recieve my statement. got rape with 18.9% interest for 20days.
    And that's exactly why you use nothing but US currency. Then you don't get hit with exchange charges. I just withdraw to a US $$ account then either use the funds when I am in the US or if I end up with too much US currency (like that is ever going to happen.. lol) I will exchange at my own bank.
    yo, we are talking about validation on moneybookers
    so it does not matter if your account is in USD or CDN, they want the exact EURO amount for validation.
  • where are you playing? Party and Pokerstars has "use my bank" which is like direct debit on the internet...

I Play at UB and FT mainly.
    I despise PS. I don't really have a lot of time to play these days so when I did have some free time and it was such a hassle it kind of put me off. I was following up with Moneybookers so that if I did have time in the future I could play but I've lost intrest at this point. So.....like I said B&M's for me for now. Maybe I'll revist it in the future. Thanks to all for your suggestions. This should have never been that difficult, oh well.
  • yo, we are talking about validation on moneybookers
    so it does not matter if your account is in USD or CDN, they want the exact EURO amount for validation.
    But that's only to send money from your bank to Moneybookers, correct? I never need (at least to date) to send money from my bank account.. lol.. maybe I'm one of the few that doesn't lose money, not that I make much but if you don't need to upload to MB from your bank account there is no need to validate.... at least I wasn't required to.
    I Play at UB and FT mainly.
    I despise PS. I don't really have a lot of time to play these days so when I did have some free time and it was such a hassle it kind of put me off. I was following up with Moneybookers so that if I did have time in the future I could play but I've lost intrest at this point. So.....like I said B&M's for me for now. Maybe I'll revist it in the future. Thanks to all for your suggestions. This should have never been that difficult, oh well.

UB used to have something like Use My Bank... but I don't see it there anymore...
    BTW... I can't believe you said PokerStars sucks, and UB or FT are good!!!

BTW... I can't believe you said PokerStars sucks, and UB or FT are good!!!

I didn't say UB and FT were good, just where I play.

I do hate PS, but that doesn't mean the software and setup isn't okay, although I don't like the visuals , but that's minor. Maybe the players are better there or I'm not as good as I thought but the variance in my stats from UB and FT compared to PS is staggering. I in no way believe online poker to be rigged but given the stats it's always in my head that PS is gonna screw me and it affects my play so I just stayed away. I was gonna give it another try with the usemybank option that was suggested but of course the only major bank in canada it doesn't work with CIBC is my bank (well actually PC which is part of CIBC.)
    But that's only to send money from your bank to Moneybookers, correct? I never need (at least to date) to send money from my bank account.. lol.. maybe I'm one of the few that doesn't lose money, not that I make much but if you don't need to upload to MB from your bank account there is no need to validate.... at least I wasn't required to.

I hear you, but how much is the bank charge on us dollar account?
    I can switch currency at moneybookers anytime i want. so it's not a big deal.
    let me ask you this
    bank account that work with moneybookers. does have to be a cheque acct?
    I'm thinking to open one account just for poker, and there are some high interest saving acct. such as ING usd saving acct 4%, scotia moneymaster usd saving 3.5%. both didn't have bank charge.
    I don't have big bankroll. do i can't justify paying 5-10bux a month and bank charges. and I don't want to mix my own day-day account with poker.