Hamilton Predators

2»

Comments

• No way a living soul accepts a $50 million less offer. Wonder how much stolen funds Bettman and co. have stashed away. Or maybe MLSE paid the guy 50mil not to sell.
  • I wouldn't want to P*** him off. He may start his own league.
    During the last player/owner, U.S./Canadian crap that takes place far too often in sport, I thought There should be an all Canadian league
    Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg,(Kitchener,sure), Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Halifax. Limited imports, salaries in CDN$, Air Canada as the airline of the League. Realistically the salaries would not be as much as today immediately, but I would think we could certainly get back to developing our Canadians and kickin' butt in international events without being under the microscope as much as today's players are. All Canadian I think we would have a better chance of getting back to having a consistant Television contract in place as well.

Thanks for letting me ramble

Milton "Slapshot" Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to P*** him off.

Did you censor "piss"? Fuck that!
  • Now that's FUNNY!!

and if the rest of you don't think so,

I don't give a S***

Milton Slim
  • As far as the Leafs blocking the bid because of territorial issues, I can't see it. The Leafs don't have anything to fear wrt a rival franchise, they'll still sell out regardless, and I think another franchise seemingly in the area will do little to affect their bottom line. If anything it hurts buffalo more.
  • pokerdro wrote: »
    This may explain some of it. Another reason to hate the Leafs.

http://www.fan590.com/columnists/columnist1article.jsp?content=20070628_155112_5280

Quite honestly this article is full of speculation based on untrue "facts". He mentions that Bettman had the support of MLSE before and during the lock-out. Is he on crack? The Leafs knew that they would be the ones losing the most money by having a stoppage and for what, to save 20M in salary caps that has increased by what % already. That's why during the lockout Ferguson was booed out by the rest of the GMs when he suggested they end the lockout. The author should have said that Bettman was trying to make up for the lost revenue from the lockout and that's why he appeased MLSE, far more believable.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing another team in Ontario. It'd be great to be able to afford to go to a game.