River Rock Tourney

I was playing at the Rock the other night and Alex the night manager told me that the Rock was planning there first tourney for Sept 12 Sunday, No-limit $100 Buy in with rebuys. Max 100 people. Registration is first come basis. They have not announced this yet, this is what I have been told. The fact that you cannot register until Sunday morn sucks but what ya gonna do. I will be there and looking to bust you out Royal Flush... Just joking buddy wanna shoot it OK all in then. LOL

Comments

• Sweet, I'll probably be there playing as well.
  • Hey guys, Don't get to excited about the 12th. I have an inside line and the word is they will annouce things soon.

Cya Friday.
  • Hmmm... should people not be getting excited about the 12th because they're hosting a bigger (250 people plus) tournament soon instead/as well? Personally, I'd be pretty excited if that were the case....
  • I'l be excited about any tounreys they plan to host, I cant wait for the CPT ones.
  • If I lived in the area of this, the biggest cardroom in Canada <jealous>, I'd be excited about any tourneys they hosted as well. Since I have to fly out, though, I need a big field to make it seem worth the trip. Like I said, though, 20 tables for regular cash games?!? Must be nice to have as your local poker room!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Check out Jetsgo.com Lots of cheap flights. I'm using them to go to the CPT event in Edmonton next month. Got my tournament seats bought and paid for already.
  • i have talked to pit bosses as well and...its very likely going to be 100 people max, and they are going to open registration the morning of (sunday 12th)...that was the word last night
  • Does anyone know if this is going to be a weekly tourney?
  • i just came from the river rock and phil the pit supervisor told me that tournaments start on the the sunday the 19 40$ buy in with re buys of 20$ and an add on of 40$ and the tournaments are to be held on sundays at 12:00 and wednesdays at 6:00
  • Munchkin5 wrote:
    Just joking buddy wanna shoot it OK all in then. LOL
    You bum! I still feel bad about that!! It's ok, ill bust you out another time.
    Oh and to clear things up, tournaments start

WEDNESDAY SEPT 22 2004

Not the 19th, noth the 12th but the 22nd. And that is confirmed.

Good luck all!
  • RoyalFlush wrote:
    You bum! I still feel bad about that!! It's ok, ill bust you out another time.
    Oh and to clear things up, tournaments start

WEDNESDAY SEPT 22 2004

Not the 19th, noth the 12th but the 22nd. And that is confirmed.

Good luck all!

Do you have any confirmation on the buyin?
  • $40 buyin with unlimited $20 rebuys for the first hour...

blinds go up every 15 or 20 min (cant remember which)
  • the buy in is 40+10
    re buys are 20/unlimited for the first three rounds
    add on of 40
    blinds go up every 20 min

the tounament starts at 6:15 with registration at 4:00

there is no word on the next one but they said a schedule for oct. will be posted by the end of next week
  • i was reading this month's CPP ...something about a bad beat jackpot

how does that work?

CO :confused:
  • the bad deat jackpot is an aces full of tens or better losing to quads or better
    The person with the losing hand takes 50% of the jackpot 25%to the winner and the remaining 25%is divided amongst the rest of the table. A dollar from everypot (only on 2/4,4/8,and 8/16 for some reason higher limits dont qualify)
    goes towards the jackpot until it is won.
  • I will win. No doubt in my mind. Unless that "Naslund" guy from stars is there. Maybe a threat.
  • can u register over the phone? or do u have to be there? 6pm start time sucks since i dont get off work till 5pm
  • its register in person, i asked them awhile back...and to be honest, thats probably good, because this thing is gonna fill up quick with only 110 spots....if you get off work at 5pm, there is no way you'll get there in time to get a spot :\
  • Registration starts at 4pm line up. However if your playing in a cash game then you can register from your table at 3:30pm. Half hour before everyone else. I will be there at about 11am to start playing, gonna put in a Full day and nights worth. Munchkin5
  • You are all going down.
  • does anyone know if this is going to be a regular tournament? I wanted to go but im not gonna be able to skip out of work early enough.
  • the schedule wil be out soon....but apparently they are going to have 2 tournies every week starting in october...probably on sun/wed
  • gonna enter
    hope 2 c u there at the final table
    heh
    heh
    heh
  • thanks in advance for all you coming out to donate to my cause.

peace
  • My partner in CPP is playing tonight. Go easy on him. The next issue of CPP may depend on how many re-buys he goes through.

Kidding... just kidding...
  • WOOHOO. The top three finishers tonight will get Canadian Poker Tour hats. And, the person who knocks out my partner Randy gets a CPT hat.
  • harthgosh wrote:
    thanks in advance for all you coming out to donate to my cause.

peace

as u can see no one is paying attention to u, so your 3 posts about beating everyone is quite useless
  • Showed up at 3:45, was told on the phone Registration started at 4:00. Found out that it was already filled up. Thanks Riverrock for the heads up when I called at 12:00 to confirm what time registration started. It was so worth getting off work 3 hours early, driving in the rain and rushhour both there and back only to be turned away before Registration was slated to start.
  • Quasi wrote:
    Showed up at 3:45, was told on the phone Registration started at 4:00. Found out that it was already filled up. Thanks Riverrock for the heads up when I called at 12:00 to confirm what time registration started. It was so worth getting off work 3 hours early, driving in the rain and rushhour both there and back only to be turned away before Registration was slated to start.

wow, that sucks, im glad i didnt skip out of work early.
  • narayan wrote:
    as u can see no one is paying attention to u, so your 3 posts about beating everyone is quite useless

HEE HAW

my posts are designed for several purposes, one which is too get my 'what is poker' thing gone. so really, they serve a great purpose. Thank you for your time.