WTF is going on lately?

2»

Comments

• I've noticed a downward trend in the quality of posts for some time now. The fact that some respected veterans deciding not to participate at all is one cause, but I have to agree the largest factor is the onslaught of new members with nothing to say. And the absence of the mods are noticed as well.

I still enjoy reading MOST posts, but I can't get into them for the most part if they are about bs issues not poker related or have been hijacked...it just loses the impact of the OP.

I still consider myself a 'new' player, little experience, so I do enjoy looking at the hand analysis, and BBC's post on False Edges has to be one of the best threads I've seen in months. There's alot to learn in those types of posts.

I still enjoy the game, and I still enjoy the forum, and I still participate when I can (outside the Ching Hill section), but the forum has been suffering lately in alot of ways.

It would be great of some of the veterans could bury the hatchet between themselves and start participating again.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I've noticed a downward trend in the quality of posts for some time now. The fact that some respected veterans deciding not to participate at all is one cause, but I have to agree the largest factor is the onslaught of new members with nothing to say. And the absence of the mods are noticed as well.

I still enjoy reading MOST posts, but I can't get into them for the most part if they are about bs issues not poker related or have been hijacked...it just loses the impact of the OP.

I still consider myself a 'new' player, little experience, so I do enjoy looking at the hand analysis, and BBC's post on False Edges has to be one of the best threads I've seen in months. There's alot to learn in those types of posts.

I still enjoy the game, and I still enjoy the forum, and I still participate when I can (outside the Ching Hill section), but the forum has been suffering lately in alot of ways.

It would be great of some of the veterans could bury the hatchet between themselves and start participating again.

I am relatively now here but I aa not new to poker or poker forums.
    I have made a few posts here and it seems to me that there are some great people and posters here. What drew me here first was that the forum is Canadian based.
    I peruse this forum periodically and I have made a few posts here and there.
    I am not exactly sure what could make ths site better but a few things could help. Increased traffic as in any service industry is the key to me. The problem I see is there is not enough here to draw potental users. From what I can tell this forum basically promotes a couple of small sites that the operators have a vested interest in. I think thats fine but, to me, that limits growth.
    I think that for the site to build there should be an expansion of issues and information. It seems to me based on other poker forums bonus threads, rakeback threads, and other monetary related poker threads that provide the opportunity for people to get a bigger bang for their poker buck are very popular these days and brings people in. Granted you might get a number of non-contributors but as hits increase so will the number of good contributors, topics. etc.. While the operators of this site have to consider protecting their own interests or the sites " integrity" I think monetary related threads would be helpful. I believe
    in the fast food marketing stategy- build all the competitive outlets next to each other and then let individual marketing strategies determine which burger they will buy once they get to the corner.

Some of you may think this is selfserving and it might be to some degree as I do periodically surf rooms for bonus info, new site info, rakeback info and other pertinent poker info. But that info does get me to the corner and I sometimes become involved in other posts like hand analysis etc. when I get to that corner. Comments are welcome. Thanks
  • that's not really fair to the newbs like myself who just arrived.. kinda discouraging actually