WTF is going on lately?

I think this forum needs MORE moderators.
I am a selfish forumer. I only post in things that interest me and hardly ever offer hand advice...haha...who would want it anyway.

I don't know if all these new accounts are real or what, but whatever is going on is crazy...every post is nonsense introductions and three guys with 2 posts saying hi back. Or hand history's with chime ins from people with 5 posts.

If the community really is growing rapidly and these people will be long lasting forumers that is awesome. I and a few other forumers I mentioned this to are not buying into this.

Just, I don't know what the suggest, double check ips? Anyway, I don't know what the say and am regretting posting this. But whatever, I hate it is all.

Comments

• Agree! The board is getting hard to read.

Maybe ban any newbs that post more than 5 or 10 times a day?

Why do some of them/him have so many cfp bucks?
  • Whitehorse wrote: »
    Agree! The board is getting hard to read.

Maybe ban any newbs that post more than 5 or 10 times a day?

Why do some of them/him have so many cfp bucks?
    they are referring each other!

i find it hard to believe they want the cpf bucks that bad so they can play on supreme. wow...
  • Now that I'm off for the week, I will have some time to investigate into a few things. Be assured that if fraud is found, authorities will be notified and accounts priviledges will be stripped.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Now that I'm off for the week, I will have some time to investigate into a few things. Be assured that if fraud is found, authorities will be notified and accounts priviledges will be stripped.
    I thought YOU were the authorities.

I nominate Wes to be promoted to SUPER DUPER MODERATOR, or whatever it is, so he can spend ALL of his free time banning those who should be banned.

/g2
  • I thought it was just me thinking all these new accounts were the same person. Glad to see I am not the only one.

Good luck Wes, Ban away!
  • A few has been banned. ny_giantss was found to have created 10 accounts while posted with 2, and riderrr created 8 accounts while only posted with one. They have all been banned and the ban on the accounts will expire in 2 weeks. If anymore accounts are found to be created they will be permanently banned. I have also notify sloth of the "CPF Bucks whoring" in case they try to cash-in their money.
  • It is so funny that they got so offended when I called them on it.
    Haha.

FUCKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRS!
  • westside8 wrote: »
    A few has been banned. ny_giantss was found to have created 10 accounts while posted with 2, and riderrr created 8 accounts while only posted with one. They have all been banned and the ban on the accounts will expire in 2 weeks.
    A 2 week ban... After that I'm sure the community will consider them to be rehabilitated and welcome them back with open arms.
  • haddon wrote: »
    It is so funny that they got so offended when I called them on it.
    great call josh. you nailed it.
  • We believe in second chances in our society :D
  • i doubt they will be back. they might create a new acct and use that one though...
  • Wow Josh...you were right all along! Good work!
  • Hopefully I'm not a target of you guys. I'm a newb, yet feel so vulnerable. Lol.
  • chowda__ wrote: »
    Hopefully I'm not a target of you guys. I'm a newb, yet feel so vulnerable. Lol.

Come over here big fella, looks to me like you could use a E-hug?
  • Maybe you guy's should take the cpf thing away because alot of the same people post alot about nothing. You guy's are a bunch of CRY BABIES that can't get off your clicks to do anything but try and be BULLIES in front of that screen. Who cares what people write on the forum if the title doesn't peek your interest then don't read it. You don't have to try and look like a big shot and rip people apart because that just make you look like a piece of crap.

Cameron
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote: »
    Maybe you guy's should take the cpf thing away because alot of the same people post alot about nothing. You guy's are a bunch of CRY BABIES that can't get off your clicks to do anything but try and be BULLIES in front of that screen. Who cares what people write on the forum if the title doesn't peek your interest then don't read it. You don't have to try and look like a big shot and rip people apart because that just make you look like a piece of crap.

Cameron

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN.
  • Well from what I've seen, some veteran posters are rather harsh on the rookies. Makes them fearful of posting or not coming back altogether.
  • M_I_K_E wrote: »
    Well from what I've seen, some veteran posters are rather harsh on the rookies. Makes them fearful of posting or not coming back altogether.

Very true! See the post previous to yours! The difference is geeks can hide behind there keyboards now and feel like a king.

If you are a veteran of this board ask yourself where are all the old veterans gone. Pkrfce9 (Greg); magithighs (lou); GTA Poker (Dave); and many others. There aren’t many more post about how to play hands, etc. Since this new forum has come about the quality has gone down. How do we fix it? Any ideas?

Prophet 22
  • Very true! See the post previous to yours! The difference is geeks can hide behind there keyboards now and feel like a king.

If you are a veteran of this board ask yourself where are all the old veterans gone. Pkrfce9 (Greg); magithighs (lou); GTA Poker (Dave); and many others. There aren’t many more post about how to play hands, etc. Since this new forum has come about the quality has gone down. How do we fix it? Any ideas?

Prophet 22

I find that there aren't nearly as many hand histories being posted with questions regarding the 'correct' play? Those used to be a regular submission around these parts. Although now whenever somebody posts one where they were beaten by an inferior hand, they are attacked for the 'bad beat' post.

We really need more stimulating poker theory discussions, and 'correct' play comparisions. Those seem to be the most worthwhile discussions, since there are so many ways to play a hand correctly. I think we also need to find a way to encourage people to ask questions that they don't know they answer too. Lately, I don't think the majority of new posters would feel comfortable asking the 'simple' poker questions.

We need a few more moderators, people who have the right to remove replies that are insulting to the Original poster. Those are the ones that do the most damage to this forum, because they completely discourage those people from posting in the future. (and if they feel like removing some spam once and a while that's ok too). :P
  • If you are a veteran of this board ask yourself where are all the old veterans gone. Pkrfce9 (Greg); magithighs (lou); GTA Poker (Dave); and many others. There aren’t many more post about how to play hands, etc. Since this new forum has come about the quality has gone down. How do we fix it? Any ideas?

What a pantload of crocodile tears. I asked you to do the exact same thing two months ago and you sat around with your thumb up your ass and now, continue to whine about the forum doing 'downhill'.

Sack up, contribute or just go away.
    I find that there aren't nearly as many hand histories being posted with questions regarding the 'correct' play?

Look at all the poker forums, they're all dying out with respect to hand histories and advice. Once you go beyond pot odds and into reads, how can you have a discussion with anyone about a hand? Especially ones you want to talk about with strangers on the internet who don't know your game or how you are percieved?

If someone posts an NL hand and makes a play based on a read, how can you tell them they're wrong? It's pretty hard.
    We need a few more moderators, people who have the right to remove replies that are insulting to the Original poster.

No. What you need are people who think about the game beyond where ever the current level of play is and are willing to have discussions about it. Are there situations out there left to explore in the game? Sure, but they're far more marginal than they used to be and probably more boring.

You want to stimuate the forum? Think about poker and say something scandalous. Make a point and defend it. It can be right, wrong or grey but say SOMETHING.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    What a pantload of crocodile tears. I asked you to do the exact same thing two months ago and you sat around with your thumb up your ass and now, continue to whine about the forum doing 'downhill'.

Sack up, contribute or just go away.

Which is why I rarely post much of anything. This forum has lost some great people and will continue to lose people for fear of responses like this. Why don't you just follow your signature saying and just leave.

Prophet 22
  • CanadaDave wrote: »
    I find that there aren't nearly as many hand histories being posted with questions regarding the 'correct' play? Those used to be a regular submission around these parts. Although now whenever somebody posts one where they were beaten by an inferior hand, they are attacked for the 'bad beat' post.
    I find this comment ironic from you CanadaDave since you accused me of a bad beat post on my all-in discussion :)
  • This forum has lost some great people and will continue to lose people for fear of responses like this.

I seriously doubt we're going to lose many quality posters simply because they're scared of criticism.

Isn't it just possible that some of the people that have been posting here for awhile are somewhat either:

a) Burnt out.

or

b) Indifferent.

towards posting in general?

There is so much poker literature available whether it be geared towards NL, LHE, tournments, even other games like Omaha, stud etc. that maybe most people don't figure they have that much to add.

Maybe everyone is just a little bit sick of poker being on TV 24/7 and the fact that many of the online games have turned into TAGfest shark infested waters.

That's my 2 cents anyways.
  • I find this comment ironic from you CanadaDave since you accused me of a bad beat post on my all-in discussion :)

Walts I think you misunderstood my reply to your post. I was joking that it might turn out to be a bad beat post. I wan't acusing you at all. That's why I put the "j/k" at the end of that line.
  • CanadaDave wrote: »
    Walts I think you misunderstood my reply to your post. I was joking that it might turn out to be a bad beat post. I wan't acusing you at all. That's why I put the "j/k" at the end of that line.

... and that's why I put the smiley face at the end of mine ;).
  • ... and that's why I put the smiley face at the end of mine ;).

Ahhh... so we're agreed.. I joked that you had a disguised bad beat post.. and you joked that my comment above was ironic.. due to afformentioned joke... :D
  • First of all - get rid of the paid per post idea. All it does is encourage dumbasses with no bankroll to create fake accounts and fill the forum with useless crap. Change it to a paid TO post. ie. POTW is worth $5, POTM = $20, POTY = $100

That would boost the posts from quantity to quality. The mod could pick his 3 fav posts from the week and have the forum vote on it.

Just in case Kole wins it - we can deduct $0.50 for every spelling error. ;)

I also think the absenteeism of sloth and the loss of ScottyZ have a lot to do with it. No offense to Wes but I don't think he feels he has the authority to deal with many of the problems and time drags on while he defers to sloth. The mods need to be active posters on the forum, whether it be as a contributor or policeman.

How many times did we see ScottyZ issue warnings to people and also insta suspensions?

One thing I am wondering is where the hell is Beanie? There is a regular contributor who has disappeared. He used to post a lot of hands and generate good discussions.
  • moose wrote: »
    That would boost the posts from quantity to quality. The mod could pick his 3 fav posts from the week and have the forum vote on it....
    One thing I am wondering is where the hell is Beanie? There is a regular contributor who has disappeared. He used to post a lot of hands and generate good discussions.

Moose I nominate this for POTD... maybe POTW.. we still have a saturday this week, so someone may steal that honour. I completely agree here on all counts.
  • moose wrote: »
    Thanks Moose - I appreciate the compliment. As far as what happened to me, I've posted that in a different thread (http://pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?p=118494) to avoid hijacking this one.

As far as this thread goes
    BBC Z wrote: »
    Look at all the poker forums, they're all dying out with respect to hand histories and advice. Once you go beyond pot odds and into reads, how can you have a discussion with anyone about a hand? Especially ones you want to talk about with strangers on the internet who don't know your game or how you are percieved?
    If someone posts an NL hand and makes a play based on a read, how can you tell them they're wrong? It's pretty hard.
    No. What you need are people who think about the game beyond where ever the current level of play is and are willing to have discussions about it. Are there situations out there left to explore in the game? Sure, but they're far more marginal than they used to be and probably more boring.
    ScoobyD wrote: »
    Isn't it just possible that some of the people that have been posting here for awhile are somewhat either:
    a) Burnt out.
    or
    b) Indifferent.
    towards posting in general?

Conflicting opinions, but I agree with all. I think that the veterans generally move to a point where there is less to talk about as you pass the "beginner" topics, and these advanced topics are difficult to discuss (more reads based, etc.). I also know that some of the discussions deal with things so core to your game that many consider them too dangerous/valuable/personal to share with the general forum. And if you aren't getting anything out of the forum (since these advanced topics are few and far between), you become very bored with replying to "beginner" posts after a while - you can only go so long "donating" without getting anything in return before you become bored and uninterested.

So basically, veterans eventually grow past the point of needing/enjoying the forum, so the quality of the forum is a reflection of the quality of the fresh blood. The quality of the forum has gone down, but I don't think it's due to the new forum, it's due to the new users. While there have been some "useful newbies", they are vastly outnumbered by the garbage posters. This has a dual effect. First, the forum becomes flooded with posts that provide little enough value that they might as well be spam, and this makes the forum harder to use for "legitimate" users (both new and veteran). Second, this makes the veterans far more cynical and suspicious of new users, and this results in many more sarcastic and unwelcoming posts, thus driving away some newbies. Catch-22.

Personally, I don't see any way to fix this, nor do I see a need to fix this. I think this is the natural ebb-and-flow of message boards in general, so you just need to ride it out.
  • I think Trevor nailed it.

As for his other thread, I have done the same. I haven't played online since December. I play live games now and then. Right now there are other things in life that have my time. The live games have lost a little interest for me. I have honestly grown tired of people trying to be like they are on TV. It is just ridiculous for me and I have avoided it. I play sometimes therefor I am reading posts here sometimes. I don't think I am the only one.