Low Limit with AK

2»

Comments

• As I was getting ready to bet I noticed the player beside me had his chips ready and was going to bet.

So I checked, he bet, and every one called between him and I, at which point I raised.

Turn was another 3 giving me Quads.

It was checked to me at which point I bet, the player beside me fold, got a few callers (maybe 4).

The river was the most perfect card 8c making the board 9c 8s 3c 3d 8c. Giving any one chasing the flush their draw and any one with a single 8 a full house.

First player bet, second raised, I re-raised, folded back to the first who capped, second and I both called and I won with my Quads. They both had an 8.

Then player besides me say that he had A-K and I was lucky that is was limit as he would have went all-in pre-flop.

The player beside him said it was a waste to raise with A-K pre-flop because no ones folds.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    The player beside him said it was a waste to raise with A-K pre-flop because no ones folds.

Was he one of the donkeys calling trips on a flushed board?

Nice hand Chris!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    you mean raising with a high full house on a flushed board?
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    you mean raising with a high full house on a flushed board?

oops. My bad.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »

Nice hand Chris!

No he wasn't. He was the type of guy that would hang around until the turn regardless of what he had and what the betting was and if he hadn't hit a peice of it by then fold.