Tonight at Surpreme!

I'm registered for tonights freeroll at Surpreme!

Who else is going to play?

Johnnie

Comments

• What time does it start? I've got a few things to do tonight, and I guess I'd have to open a supreme account LOL.
  • thanks for the heads up johnnie. you can steal my blind. ONCE.

sloth, although you said it would be weekly, a bit more 'promo' would help get more people out for it
  • I'm already registered. Looking for revenge on the suckouts last week!

My chat is still banned until next week (embarrassed look) so I'll be swearing at you all silently. :)
  • Furfy wrote: »
    I'm already registered. Looking for revenge on the suckouts last week!

My chat is still banned until next week (embarrassed look) so I'll be swearing at you all silently. :)
    hey furby, i'll be the one saying 'eff you and yer aces'

good luck!
  • registered. I'll be taping/commentating this one too and posting it tomorrow morning.
  • I will try to make it, but it is going to be hard since I am going to pick up Guitar Hero II right after work.

What time BTW?
  • sloth wrote: »
    registered. I'll be taping/commentating this one too and posting it tomorrow morning.

hey Sloth, what software do you use to record these?
  • Camtasia studio.

it's 8pm Waterlooser.
  • I'm in, time to make an easy start to a bankroll on there...
  • Hopefully I will be back from the airport in time, I'm registered tho.
  • do you need to have cash in your account or just opening an account will do?

I'm registered, only took a couple of minutes. No deposit required. Sweet!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    do you need to have cash in your account or just opening an account will do?

I have zero dollars on Supreme, I just opened an account.

Johnnie
  • So is this limited to forum members? If so how is it enforced? See you all at 8, I should have it wrapped up by 9... :)
  • Woohoo! Queens run into Aces!
  • xKangax had my number tonight.

First a three way ALL-IN between Kanga, Kisty and myself with Jenn (Kanga) hitting her flush.

Then at the FT I have AQc vs her KK, and I'm done.

Good Game All!

See you next Tuesday!

JohnnieH
  • I noticed last night on Supreme that they held a $120 tournament with a guaranteed payout of $100,000 but there were only less than 600 players. Do poker sites typically front $30k of their own money for some tournaments? Nothing like a negative rake tournament!
  • It is called an overlay and bonuswhores.com for example has a list of tourneys with the best overlays.
  • moose wrote: »
    It is called an overlay and bonuswhores.com for example has a list of tourneys with the best overlays.

Cheers; never heard overlays discussed before. I guess new sites need to encourage new players and they have to lose money on some tournaments, to make money on the cash tables.
  • Over lays are great. I played in one tourney where they guaranteed a $5K pay out with 350 people anting up $5.50 to play. Collected $135 for that effort :)
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Cheers; never heard overlays discussed before. I guess new sites need to encourage new players and they have to lose money on some tournaments, to make money on the cash tables.

Even the established sites will sometimes have overlays on their guaranteed tourneys. Tribeca and Ongame frequently end up having overlays, especially during the day.

I liken it to betting on sports and horses. If someone is offering good odds on a particular horse or event, the action is heavy and the odds will change as the event approaches. Just watch any guaranteed tourney and frequently there will be a huge rush of signups with <5min to go as people try and get in on a nice overlay.

The sites aren't stupid though, usually even if there is an overlay for the players, the tourney fees cover the overlay for the site and their loss is negligible or none.
  • This is what I am talking about

http://www.tournyoverlay.com/overlay_guaranteed.php

Unfortunately right now bonuswhores has taken down their overlay page and the list on the above site sucks. Anybody got another source for tourney overlays?
  • It's Tuesday!

WOOT WOOT!!

Johnnie
  • Thanks for the reminder. I will be late - gotta put the kid to bed first.
  • Wooo! Thanks for the reminder Johnnie!

I will defend my title! hahaha =)
  • Looks like about 22 players!

Good luck, all!

Johnnie

edit.
  • Johnnie how would we get in the free roll?
  • started at 8PM
  • I'm in......
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I'm in......
    and out! lol trouble is so am I...... congrats Mike
  • Hello all,

Experienced my first supreme tourney, came 2nd! Although when it became 5/6 handed, I more or less luckboxed my way into the money...

Hand question:

I believe my call in this hand was appropriate. Tim thought that i was a donkey for calling. Thoughts?

***** Hand 461904044 *****
    15.00/30.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:22:47 PM
    PokerForum.ca Freero (Real /Tournament )
    Seat 1: Spoofy (1545.00) <
    THIS IS ME (p.s. I'm not Haddon!)
    Seat 2: compuease (1444.00)
    Seat 3: TiMSuM (630.00) <
    shortstacked "villain" (although, you're prob a decent guy)
    Seat 4: Furfy1 (1945.00)
    Seat 5: Shrugz888 (730.00)
    Seat 6: Kanadian76 (2286.00)
    Seat 7: nasarn (1920.00)
    Furfy1 post SB 15.00
    Shrugz888 post BB 30.00
    ** Deal **
    Spoofy [Qc, Jc]
    compuease [N/A, N/A]
    TiMSuM [N/A, N/A]
    Furfy1 [N/A, N/A]
    Shrugz888 [N/A, N/A]
    Kanadian76 [N/A, N/A]
    nasarn [N/A, N/A]
    *** Bet Round 1 ***
    Kanadian76 Fold
    nasarn Fold
    Spoofy Raise to 90.00 <---- std raise in late-ish position (bad?)
    compuease Fold
    TiMSuM Call 90.00
    Furfy1 Fold
    Shrugz888 Call 90.00
    *** Flop(Board): *** : [10c, 10h, 8d]
    *** Bet Round 2 ***
    Shrugz888 Check
    Spoofy Bet 300.00 <---- check, I bet pot (bad?)
    TiMSuM All-in 540.00
    Shrugz888 Fold
    Spoofy Call 540.00
    *** Turn(Board): *** : [10c, 10h, 8d, 10d]
    *** River(Board): *** : [10c, 10h, 8d, 10d, 4h]
    *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 1365.00
    Spoofy [Qc, Jc] Pair of tens Win :0.00

So....i lose. Ok, but i thought a call was warranted. I felt that when tim pushed, he was instapushing due to his stack. I didn't think he had a ten due to this, and felt that my two overcards plus a gutshot warranted a call (10 outs). (p.s. He didn't have a 10, he had 99).

Anyway, Tim let me know that he thought that I resembled a hooved work-animal with floppy ears and big teeth.

Opinions?

Thanks,
    Steve (not haddon, i swear)