Royal Cup IX - Returns to it's roots! Nov 13th. 2010

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »
    Yes please!

Do I know you? lol... It's on the way...
    Yes please!

Ditto . . . I might be driving Garry, so I know not to trust AJ . . . :D
  • Here's some extra thoughts I pm'ed to Capt's..

Be aware this is a private condominium rec center in the middle of a residential area about 400M from a police station so please be respectful of the area. We can drink but please keep that inside so as not to attract more attention than necessary.

As for parking there is on street parking but I estimate there will be approx 40 cars to park. There is also a 3 hr max parking here so use disgression. It is rarely enforced but every now and then they run a blitz here (whenever town officials need more money).
    If you don't want to take any chances you can park in the mall parking lot which is only 200M away. Royal officials take no responsibility for tickets or bad beats laid on you by the Rocks.

It will be tight with having 64 participants in the rec center so be glad it's not going to be very warm outside.

Please remember the Royal is a nut free zone so please respect that. We have at least 1, and probably more, highly allergic players so please respect that!

Team Captains should be there by 10 for registration, players by 10:30 for rules clarifications, etc. First cards in the air, hopefully by 10:45.

Captains are responsible to collect their teams $400. entry fee and pay ahead of time. If 1 of your teammates is late before the first deal they will be blinded out.

I am responsible for direction until cards fly, after that our TD Al (DataMN) is in charge. If there is any controversy where Al and his team are involved, the Captains will try to make a fair judgment.

Remember this is not about the $$$, just the bragging rights.

Remember have fun, enjoy, and for god’s sake don't anyone fall off chairs, we have no insurance!

P.S. If anyone spots anything I missed, please let me know.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Absolutely Joe. I have no other confirmed one. Do you by any chance have a screen as well. If not no problem, I'll use a sheet as suggested by some others..

demanding aren't you. But no I don't have a screen. I am stealing the projector from work since it isn't in use anywhere. We usually project into boardrooms so have no need for a screen.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    demanding aren't you. But no I don't have a screen. I am stealing the projector from work since it isn't in use anywhere. We usually project into boardrooms so have no need for a screen.

lol, not demanding, just desperate.... :) lol, Thanks Joe...

Can we have the next Royal in your big boardroom?
  • I'm not sure work would appreciate it, but I could always ask.... that means coming to downtown toronto mind you.

I see a lot of double downs going down here....... love you guys.....
  • Additional info on the venue...

The room is 26 1/2 feet by 25', so it will be somewhat tight. However we did have 64 in there a few years ago so assuming we didn't collectively grow we should be ok and I know at least a few lost weight since then we should be ok. There is a kitchen with fridge and microwave for anyone who wants to feed themselves rather than go out. I will bring some water and pop.
  • Is anybody running the High Hands Jackpot or the 50/50? I volunteer if nobody is .
    Is anybody running the High Hands Jackpot or the 50/50? I volunteer if nobody is .

lol, sent you a pm at 10:14 this morning about this exact thing. You got the job JohnnieH, did you do it last time? If so do you have the sheets, etc.? If you need some hlep just holler. Can you also let g2 know the status. He was trying to figure out what needs doing re this.
    lol, sent you a pm at 10:14 this morning about this exact thing. You got the job JohnnieH, did you do it last time? If so do you have the sheets, etc.? If you need some hlep just holler. Can you also let g2 know the status. He was trying to figure out what needs doing re this.

He is printing the sheets, I'm just taking the money at the venue.
    He is printing the sheets, I'm just taking the money at the venue.
    If Johnnie needs a hand I will offer my services.
  • Well, I had remained hopeful that I would still be able to make it out, if even just to say hello and help. It is down to the wire now, and with new circumstances to consider I just don't think I will be there for this one. I know that come spring I will be able to get there for sure.

A business opportunity has recently come my way and I have to take it. I am hoping that by dec/jan I will have my own cafe/bakery up and running!! When things become reality I will give more info, but for now, it is just trying to get licences in order and an inspection in the works.

I am so sorry I have to miss this, and looked forward to seeing everyone for the first time or again, but I expect to see some outstanding reports in the days following. It won't be the same, but I will take it!

Enjoy everyone, and look forward to the next one.

~Shar
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Well, I had remained hopeful that I would still be able to make it out, if even just to say hello and help. It is down to the wire now, and with new circumstances to consider I just don't think I will be there for this one. I know that come spring I will be able to get there for sure.

A business opportunity has recently come my way and I have to take it. I am hoping that by dec/jan I will have my own cafe/bakery up and running!! When things become reality I will give more info, but for now, it is just trying to get licences in order and an inspection in the works.

I am so sorry I have to miss this, and looked forward to seeing everyone for the first time or again, but I expect to see some outstanding reports in the days following. It won't be the same, but I will take it!

Enjoy everyone, and look forward to the next one.

~Shar

Do you have a back room? We need a venue for RC X.

Seriously, good luck with the new venture Shar! We're all routing for you!
    Do you have a back room? We need a venue for RC X.

Seriously, good luck with the new venture Shar! We're all routing for you!

Thanks :) And......I have already been planning for the possibility of running tournaments...and it is also possible to have enough room to be a RC Venue if ever needed!! Just a tidbit to keep tucked away for the future;)
  • Not that I'm lazy but I have taken a quick look... What time does this thing start? As both me and Todd are travelling to get there we need to plan.

Is it the traditional noon or did it get bumped to 11?
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Not that I'm lazy but I have taken a quick look... What time does this thing start? As both me and Todd are travelling to get there we need to plan.

Is it the traditional noon or did it get bumped to 11?

Ummm, it's shuffle up and deal at 10:45, instructions at 10:30, registration, sign up for high hand, MVP, etc 10-10:30. Same as its been for the lasy few.
    Do you have a Capt, is he not whipping you into a frenzie? :)
  • How much is the buy in
  • shaznaz75 wrote: »
    If any team needs a new player let me know, maybe I can come out on saturday morning...

Keep in mind that it is an all day commitment, ie 10:20am - 11pm approx. And you have to play either Stud or Omaha plus limit HE, then the NL round finishing with a HU match. I think only Waltsfriend's team has an opening but keep checking as more openings may open up. Post in the free agent thread.
  • shaznaz75 wrote: »
    How much is the buy in

$50. but have you read the other threads?
    Ummm, it's shuffle up and deal at 10:45, instructions at 10:30, registration, sign up for high hand, MVP, etc 10-10:30. Same as its been for the lasy few.
    Do you have a Capt, is he not whipping you into a frenzie? :)

Our captain has been scrambling to replace the few players that have now opted out.
  • THANK THE GOOD LORD that some of our players have friends who now want to play.. lol
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    THANK THE GOOD LORD that some of our players have friends who now want to play.. lol

Now you know the hazzards of captaining one of these Royal teams, last minute drop outs are so difficult to handle. People have to realize other ppl are negatively affected by last minute cancellations, and even several days is hard to cope with. It is similar to to Mudgutt's experience with his HU tournament when 4-5 ppl cancel or don't show. Affects everyone. It doesn't make much difference when someone backs out last minute or no shows at a regular tournament but for HU or events like the Royal it can be a huge pain.

Hang in there bud, how many did you have cancel and how many do you need?
    Now you know the hazzards of captaining one of these Royal teams, last minute drop outs are so difficult to handle. People have to realize other ppl are negatively affected by last minute cancellations, and even several days is hard to cope with. It is similar to to Mudgutt's experience with his HU tournament when 4-5 ppl cancel or don't show. Affects everyone. It doesn't make much difference when someone backs out last minute or no shows at a regular tournament but for HU or events like the Royal it can be a huge pain.

Hang in there bud, how many did you have cancel and how many do you need?
    We are okay for the moment.
  • Ok, think we're ready to go, tables are setup and all the chairs that I have. Internet is live in the building.

One thing I would like to ask.

Please use the rear patio for smoking as we don't want 30-40 ppl at a time standing out front during breaks. Just don't want to attract too much attention.
  • Just wanted to repost this... Captains, please make sure all your players are aware... See you tomorrow..
    compuease wrote: »
    Here's some extra thoughts I pm'ed to Capt's..

Be aware this is a private condominium rec center in the middle of a residential area about 400M from a police station so please be respectful of the area. We can drink but please keep that inside so as not to attract more attention than necessary.

As for parking there is on street parking but I estimate there will be approx 40 cars to park. There is also a 3 hr max parking here so use disgression. It is rarely enforced but every now and then they run a blitz here (whenever town officials need more money).
    If you don't want to take any chances you can park in the mall parking lot which is only 200M away. Royal officials take no responsibility for tickets or bad beats laid on you by the Rocks.

It will be tight with having 64 participants in the rec center so be glad it's not going to be very warm outside.

Please remember the Royal is a nut free zone so please respect that. We have at least 1, and probably more, highly allergic players so please respect that!

Team Captains should be there by 10 for registration, players by 10:30 for rules clarifications, etc. First cards in the air, hopefully by 10:45.

Captains are responsible to collect their teams $400. entry fee and pay ahead of time. If 1 of your teammates is late before the first deal they will be blinded out.

I am responsible for direction until cards fly, after that our TD Al (DataMN) is in charge. If there is any controversy where Al and his team are involved, the Captains will try to make a fair judgment.

Remember this is not about the $$$, just the bragging rights.

Remember have fun, enjoy, and for god’s sake don't anyone fall off chairs, we have no insurance!

P.S. If anyone spots anything I missed, please let me know.
    Just wanted to repost this... Captains, please make sure all your players are aware... See you tomorrow..
    Watch out for the COW PUCKS upon entering the barn. You forgot that.
  • Jeff by making it nut free you realize at least half cannot now attend......