Royal Cup IX - Returns to it's roots! Nov 13th. 2010

Comments

• JtotheLew wrote: »
    Teams? Can someone explain to me what this is? Sounds interesting.

Have a look here for a description.
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/royal-cup-poker-brief-definition-22052/

Here if you would like to enter an 8 man team (we have one opening, could use a young gun team as we are all getting old)
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/rcix-official-team-thread-23482/

or here if you would like to enter as a free agent, ie join an existing team.
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/rc-ix-free-agent-signup-23484/

Have a look here at the rules/costs, etc..
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/royal-cup-ix-rules-thread-23483/

This has been going for quite a while like 5 years now at 2 per year.
  • JtotheLew wrote: »
    Teams? Can someone explain to me what this is? Sounds interesting.

It is more than interesting sir. Having had the pleasure of attending the last Royal Cup, I must say it is an amazing experience. It definately is "the best day of poker you will ever have"!

If you go, I promise you would not be disappointed.
  • your day would be even better if sharantyr could make it........

just saying
  • @}->--

You really shouldn't lie to the man, but thank you :)

If I can find a way, I will be there! Maybe Hobbes can come pick me up since he was offering rides:P Unfortunately, between work and holiday season it just might not happen. :( I would like to try to have a western team represented there in the spring if at all possible. Something to think about!

~Shar
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    I would like to try to have a western team represented there in the spring if at all possible. Something to think about!

~Shar

Yep we would love some dead money in the pool... yum yum...

Oh and no buying in with Buffalo pelts!
  • I would certainly be interested in playing. I think that date works out for me.
  • Is there a free agents list here? Like to play if at all possible.
  • Shar, if you can make it to the airport, I can get you the rest of the way . . . and back again, obv. :)
  • Thanks for the offer my dear Milo. I greatly appreciate it :) I will let you know for sure!

@}->--
    ~Shar
  • I will pick her up at the airport and take her back and we will drink in the hotel just like last time (is there hotels in milton?) LOL
  • compuease wrote: »
    I am planning on having full, open internet available in the hall so bring your laptops/internet devices along if you like.

Also, does anyone have one of those LCD projectors that we could borrow for the day? Would be nice to put both blinds and scoring up on a big screen.

Bump. Also Mark from our team has 3 or 4 of his table toppers that he can bring to use. Anyone can bring some more? The room has 8 of the long rectangular tables that are typically quite slippery, they may help.

Also if we manage to procure a projector, does anyone have a screen we could use?

Also if we manage to procure a projector, does anyone have a screen we could use?

Moose does. He took it off me :)

Need anything else Jeff? I assume chips and chairs are taken care of?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »

Chips are, I will check on chairs. I know there are a lot there but haven't counted them lately...
  • This is kind of a noob question for someone whos been to alot of these but plz to be reminding me what time app the NLHE game usually starts?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    This is kind of a noob question for someone whos been to alot of these but plz to be reminding me what time app the NLHE game usually starts?

Normally between 5 and 6 pm, depending on the Limit game and how long they decide the dinner break will be.
    This is kind of a noob question for someone whos been to alot of these but plz to be reminding me what time app the NLHE game usually starts?
    WTF WETTS ; GET WITH THE TOUR:o lol

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TIME THE NLHE STARTS !!!

You're there until we leave with the $$$ . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TIME THE NLHE STARTS !!!

You're there until we leave with the $$$ . . .

2nd place $$$ IMO,
  • Can some one PM me the address so that I can coordinate getting there with my team?

Thanks,

-Darren
  • DarrenA wrote: »
    Can some one PM me the address so that I can coordinate getting there with my team?

Thanks,

-Darren

+1. HBK also needs the location.

Don't worry about the nearest LCBO, we'll find it!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »

I can pack the screen but taping some drafting paper to the wall is easier. I can bring the paper.

Suggest you get Snowflake to bring his chiptalk toppers and I can bring two.
    2nd place $$$ IMO,

They let you have internet access at the home now, do they?
  • Where? Please send me the address also so I can send it to my team. Thanks.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Where? Please send me the address also so I can send it to my team. Thanks.

this
  • Guys it's in Milton - just drive down the only road off the highway until you see degenerates rather than old farts and cows. Seriously shouldn't be that difficult...
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Guys it's in Milton - just drive down the only road off the highway until you see degenerates rather than old farts and cows. Seriously shouldn't be that difficult...

In some cases were two of those three... oh and I'll send the address out when I'm good and ready...
  • Do you still want a projector jeff? I have arranged to have one that weekend.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Do you still want a projector jeff? I have arranged to have one that weekend.

Absolutely Joe. I have no other confirmed one. Do you by any chance have a screen as well. If not no problem, I'll use a sheet as suggested by some others..
  • I have just sent a PM to all captains re the address. Hint: It's just past the red barn with the pigs in the front yard.

I can also send it via pm to anyone I personally know. ie someone I know by site...
    I can also send it via pm to anyone I personally know. ie someone I know by site...

Yes please!