$200 freeroll for PokerForum.ca members only August 23rd @ 9pm

This will be the first of many freerolls that supreme will host strictly for CPF members. This one is totally open to all members. Future freerolls may have certain requirements such as # of posts, # of hands played etc but again, this one is open to everyone.

When August 23 @ 9pm EST

Where www.supremepoker.com under "multi tourney" - then the tab marked "special"

Who all members of www.pokerforum.ca are invited to come out.

Comments

• Since you have both dates listed, is this on the 22nd or 23rd?
  • topic title changed to reflect the 23rd.
  • I hope the big boys will consider playing just so we get a chance to (out)play you.
  • Thanks for doing this Sloth.

I won't be able to make it out, but its good of you to put the $ up.
  • is it only for forum members
  • cole woods wrote:
    is it only for forum members

$200 freeroll for PokerForum.ca members only August 23rd @ 8pm

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of having a member freeroll - the money goes to the members
  • Thank you sloth for this tourney

It's also a nice way to get people to sing-up on supreme as soon as possible. So when we move the next season of the league on supreme it should go smoothly...

Gide
  • Great. I can't wait to play.
  • I signed up on Supreme, screen name MDSGuy. Do I have to make a deposit to be registered for the tourny?
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    I signed up on Supreme, screen name MDSGuy. Do I have to make a deposit to be registered for the tourny?

No. You do not.

The satellite should now appear under the 'Freeroll' tab for registrations to begin shortly. Hope to see as many CPF members out as possible.
  • I'll be downloading the Supreme software tonight, just have one question though. Does our forum name have to be the same as our login name in Supreme? Here I'm STR82ACE, but on most sites I go by another name.
  • I dont think so - mines different.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    I'll be downloading the Supreme software tonight, just have one question though. Does our forum name have to be the same as our login name in Supreme? Here I'm STR82ACE, but on most sites I go by another name.

Nope, they don't have to be by any means.

Here is the 1st email I've ever sent to 'all members' just sent out now.

Important message from PokerForum.ca

Hello one and all

This is the very first time in the history of www.pokerforum.ca that I’m using the “email members” feature :)

I just wanted to send a quick notice that the first of what will be many freerolls for PF members only is taking place tomorrow: August, 23rd at 8pm EST.

The freeroll is going to be hosted on www.supremepoker.com and is for $200. Simply download the client, and you will find the tournament under the “multi tourney” then the “freeroll” tab. Times listed are in GMT by default.

Once again, I hope to be offering many freerolls in the future, and plan to increase both the pot sizes and the frequency of events. Let’s get as many PF members out as possible!

As I’d said earlier, this is the first time I’ve ever sent an email to all members. If you’d like to be removed from future mailings, please reply to this message and change the subject line to ‘remove’.

Thank you!

Neil ‘Sloth’ McVicar

Registration is open now.
  • just signed up (Ralphmouse)

im just wondering sloth, since i had no trouble signing up, how youre gonna know the members from the non-members?
  • 4 hours after your post Sloth and my pokerforum.ca email hasn't received anything yet.
  • Was kind of wondering that myself, but I'm sure there's a way. Downloaded the software last night, thought I would try a couple of hands to get used to the settings, but couldn't find any play money tables. Are there any? If not, that's okay, just wanted to get a read on how the software operates. See you all tonight on the tables.
    STR82ACE
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Was kind of wondering that myself, but I'm sure there's a way. Downloaded the software last night, thought I would try a couple of hands to get used to the settings, but couldn't find any play money tables. Are there any? If not, that's okay, just wanted to get a read on how the software operates. See you all tonight on the tables.
    STR82ACE

Yes, look for the "practice" tab. It's there.

You guys didn't receive an email from admin@pokerfourm.ca? Did you check your spam folders?
  • I received the mail fine. Not sure about time sent vs. time received, but it was there when I came into work this morning.
  • Got it in my hotmail account... it's not been filtered as spam
  • BIG correction guys, it's 9pm! I'm a moron! it's that whole GMT conversion I've got to get used to.
  • Got both emails you sent just find. Sloth. And thanks for the headsup on the practise tables. Will try to get a feel for the software before the freerolll starts. Should be fun to play against you all.
  • I didn't get the email(s) either, unless you are the guy telling me how to increase my penis size, and get cheap discounted Viagara. But I doubt that's you right?
  • Is it really 9PM? We (EST) are in GMT -5, this shows up on my screen as a start time of 20:00 (which is 8pm) for GMT -5.

Please clarify soon.
  • I just signed on.

1 hour and 40 min to tournament.

Time now is 7 23 eastern.

Play time is 9 PM eastern
  • Is it really 9PM? We (EST) are in GMT -5, this shows up on my screen as a start time of 20:00 (which is 8pm) for GMT -5.

Please clarify soon.

when in doubt, check the tournament lobby..game starts in 1h 37mins :)
  • Currently we are in GMT -4. It will switch with daylight savings time.

No email yet at my @pokerforum.ca address. Nothing in spam folder either.
  • 66 players with a half hour to go..will we make it to 75? :)
  • moose04 wrote:
    4 hours after your post Sloth and my pokerforum.ca email hasn't received anything yet.

check your profile settings under "notifications and email" is it checked off to receive important announcements by email? I know it went out and most everyone got it.
  • Good Luck everyone :D
  • 16 minutes, 72 players.

I hope you have a great game and finish after me!