Bristol St. presents -- "The 'Easy' Poker Bash" - Sat. June 25, 2pm-?

2»

Comments

• I'm gonna bring an extra set of balls for Mark Breaton and Johnnie H., those two guys will lay down EVERYTHING to a min raise and a staredown...

stp
  • Good luck to everyone in tomorrow's tourni.

I won't be there for the main event, I'm playin in a pool toruni, but I will be arround for side games later.

Now, are there ANY Cash games TONIGHT?

Tye (8-Ball)
  • stpboy wrote:
    I'm gonna bring an extra set of balls for Mark Breaton and Johnnie H., those two guys will lay down EVERYTHING to a min raise and a staredown...

stp

Yea...

I guess I shoulda called your $6 raise in a .25 / .50 game with Ace high... silly me

Mark
  • Please add my friend "Axiom" to the waiting list.
  • Rob how long do you think the tourny will run?
  • ItsaMe wrote:
    Rob how long do you think the tourny will run?

Are you asking that for yourself or for the players that make the final table? Zinggg..
  • I have some unopened royal cards if you need cards.  sorry no kems or copaq.  I also have lots of chips so I needed not rebuy LOL.  j/k  We are spending the night in waterloo so you guy better be ready to PAAAAARRRRRRRTY.................

UMMMMMMM i can bring a table top too it's 3/4 plywood with felt over it ..... 8 player max
  • stpboy wrote:
    ItsaMe wrote:
    Rob how long do you think the tourny will run?

Are you asking that for yourself or for the players that make the final table? Zinggg..

Given I was 2nd out last time.... Mind you I got nutted 2 days before.... I'm planning on making the final table..... If not drink some more
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    I have some unopened royal cards if you need cards. sorry no kems or copaq. I also have lots of chips so I needed not rebuy LOL. j/k We are spending the night in waterloo so you guy better be ready to PAAAAARRRRRRRTY.................

UMMMMMMM i can bring a table top too it's 3/4 plywood with felt over it ..... 8 player max

Hey!
    I offered first!!lol
    I'm bringing an 8 player table top, and my Kems, so we're covered.

JohnnieH
  • Hey johnny the less I gotta bring on this road trip the better. I got beer and the g/f. Now where are we drinking? LOL
  • Does anybody know the ruling on chips is somebody leaves early????

lol
  • I'm still not convinced it's a good decision (for a home game), but it's what the majority of players want, so...

"If you have to leave the table for any reason, and are not there by the time the deal is finished, you're hand is declared dead. You will post blinds and fold. If you need to leave the tournament for good, you will continue to post blinds and fold until your stack is depleated. If a blind puts you all-in, your hand is still folded. (ie. You don't get a free shot at doubling up)"

We're using 15 minute blinds, so I'm guessing the tournament will run about 6 hours. (ie. roughly 2-7pm) If the buy-in were higher, I'd make it longer, plus, this allows people a dinner break after the tournament ends (instead of in the middle of it), and we end early enough that other tournaments/ring games can get going quickly!

One other small change to do with seating to align us to more proper rules. Seat 1 will still get to choose their seat, but Seat 8 starts with the button. (ie. Seat 1 is the Small Blind, Seat 2 is the Big Blind)

I think that's about it!

(PS. The heat wave picked a bad time to come back. I'll try and have as many fans as I can circulating air. Beer will also help relieve the heat... or so I hear)
  • What type of ring games usually go on after?
  • People mostly want to keep playing tournaments and ring games are usually lower amounts (0.25/0.50 NL) for instance.

Rob.
  • Are you asking that for yourself or for the players that make the final table? Zinggg..

Now that hurts! :'(

This time thought I'll be more responsible with your chips. :wav:
  • Could you also put my buddy Will D. on the waiting list? Thanks!
  • Zithal wrote:
    If you need to leave the tournament for good, you will continue to post blinds and fold until your stack is depleated.
    You put little pleats in the stacks? Wow, you right a tight ship there!

I'm saddened I can't come to Easy's bash. Nothing more fun than getting all-in with Easy. Have fun!
  • Rob I will be unable to attend this tourney on saturday.

Sorry for the late notice, I just arrived home from Niagra 2day. Ian
  • hey,

could i get pm(ed) the directions (or the address) to the cafe from the 401 exit @ kitchener/waterloo.

thanks
    xwoggumsx
    paul

cya tomorrow
  • Sorry to dissapoint everyone that was looking forward to being 'responsible' with my chips but I am unable to make the tournament now...sorry dudes, another time I'm sure.

stp
  • Sorry all, just checking messages now. The waiting list is now...

Graham
    Brent's Bro
    beanie
    Will D.

Getting ready for the game, so I'll leave the list as unupdated. those that have just made it in are...

Will R.
    Axiom
    The Show.
  • Thanks Again, Rob. Even with the heat I had a great time.

To all who care, I finished in 11th place. Not bad for me, considering we started with 32 players.

My luck changed at the Stag N' Doe we attended that night, as I won 2 raffle prizes, and Wraychel trumped me by winning a BBQ!! Maybe I should have brought her with me to Bristol!! lol

Congrats to the money winners, and I hope you all had a great night.

Also, again, Happy Birthday Easy!!

If anybody wants to play before the long weekend, email or PM me!

JohnnieH
  • Happy Birthday "Easy" tough exit on the AJ.

Thanks to Rob for hosting another great tourney.

Congrats to Hork42 on his win.
  • Great tournament as always Rob
    Too Bad the cards were not kind to the birthday girl, hope you still had a great birthday
    Wolfhound, I am eagerly awaiting your tournament book on how to survive and place in the money when all you are dealt are 83 and 93 offsuit
    Great job wolfhound and to all the money winners
  • Thanks Geoff, it was an unlikely finish for me all things considered.

Got lucky when I needed it most...hopefully Mario got lucky when he hit Brantford later.

Again, thanks to all for a great afternoon of poker.
  • I keep meaing to bring in the results and I keep forgetting. I'm smart. :D
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Thanks Geoff, it was an unlikely finish for me all things considered.

Got lucky when I needed it most...hopefully Mario got lucky when he hit Brantford later.

Got lucky with poker or poking-her?
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Thanks Geoff, it was an unlikely finish for me all things considered.

Hope Mario got lucky when he hit Brantford... okay, that is just the funniest damned thing I've read for weeks.

Mark