2017 wsop

2»

Comments

• Seen a ton of pros and being a huge fanboy of the game walking the halls of the rio was really really cool. The first night I seen mike the mouth on the FT of the $10k dealers choice. I just happened to bring his book for reading material on the plane so got it from the car and got him to sign it for me. That was another big highlight for me. 57ddeb2f9069d82c4a2220fa9f75b2bd.jpgc060a5d8dd085c83991bdf93c2a7628f.jpg

I could probably go on and on but I guess this is all just regular Vegas stuff. It's EDC this weekend so I guess it's a good time to leave. Not really my crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • @donnyminshall game in 20, #runitupbaby!
  • Looks like I can add to this thread. Flying down July 9th apparently on the same flight as TP for the main
  • PLO 1-2-5 is super soft if you come,come with funds to run it up
  • Got back a week ago from my annual poker trip to Vegas. Played in four Seniors and a couple of other tournaments while I was there. I'll try to give those of you who like to live vicariously a bit of a run down on my experience. Here's my first tourney:

Wynn $400 NLHE $50K guarantee June 8/17
    Starting stack 12,000
    334 runners, 35 paid

Last hand before the first break, blinds 100-200, 25 ante. I’m in late position. EP raises to 550 and Villain calls. I limp with 33. Rainbow 3-7-4 flop gives me set. Checked around. Turns brings Q. EP bets 1000, Villain raises all in for around 6700, I call and EP folds. All in turns over Q4 for two pair. A on the river and I build my stack to 22,775 (average 15,200).

Blinds up to 200-400, 50 ante. Villain raised to 1000 and I call with 99. Flop comes KK2 (with 2 clubs). V bets 1100 and I call (assuming typical continuation bet by V). Turn is a brick and V bets 2100. I call again. River is another brick. V bets 5100 and I think for a bit before deciding to call. V shows T8 clubs for busted flush draw and I win. Chip stack up to 30000 at second break (average 29471) with136 runners left.

With blinds at 500-1000, 100 ante I'm dealt QQ UTG. V raised in front of me to 2200, I call and SB calls. Flop comes T high rainbow. SB bets 4000, V shoves, I re-shove and SB folds. Villain turns over J T and my QQ holds up, doubling me up to ~70,000 (average 38500).

By dinner break my stack has dwindled down to 52,400, average = 57,257 and 70 runners left.

Stack down to about 30000 with 45 left. Blinds 1500-3000, 500 ante. My next two hands play out as follows:

Dealt KJ in BB. Folded around to SB who raises. Since my M is down to under 5 I’m looking to shove with a wide range so take the opportunity to do so with my KJ. V calls with Ad7d. Flop helps neither of us but I hit my J on the turn and it holds up.

Next hand I get AQos in SB. Folded around to me so I raise to 9000. BB call. Flop comes Q-high rainbow. I bet, Villain raises, I shove and V calls with KQ. My A kicker holds up and now up up to 124,000, average = 90,000.

We’re on the bubble when I look down to find AA in MP. One limper in front of me so I raise to 13,000. Villain on my left raises to ~30,000 and limper folds. I shove and V agonizes for awhile. He has me easily covered and finally calls, showing KK. My AA holds up and I’m up to ~340,000 with the average stack at 111,000.

Final hand: blinds 5000-10000, 2000 ante. My stack has shrunk to ~160,000. Dealt 77 in BB. UTG raises to 30000 and SB folds. I figure it's probably a blind steal attempt so I shove, thinking at worst it's a race and at best he folds. He calls and shows QQ. I get no help and my night is over. I finish 14th and collect $1636.
  • Here's my second tournament:

Wynn $600 Seniors NLHE $50K guarantee June 12/17
    Starting stack 15,000
    499 runners, 75 paid

Let’s start with a couple of hands I wish I had played early on (Level 1, blinds 50-100):

I get 66 in MP. EP raised to 350 and 1 caller in front of me so I call. LP raised to 1700 and EP called. Other original limper and I fold. 6 comes on middling rainbow flop. I would have cracked pocket A's. Oh well, too early for that kind of play.

Later I’m in the BB with T9os. There’s a raise to 325 and a call in front of me. I think about calling but fold, once again figuring it’s too early to play games, especially OOP. Flop comes 9TT. Raiser bets 2000 with a call. Turn brick, river T. Raiser goes all in with his last 2000.

Just before the first break I’m down to ~8000. Blinds 100-200. I’m dealt JJ in late position. Raised to 650 with one call so I raise to 2000 and both callers come along for the ride. Flop comes QJx rainbow. Checked to me and I check. Turn brings second heart. Checked to me and I bet 3000. Villain calls and other folds. River Ac. Check to me and I shove my last 5150. V folds and I'm back up to a little over starting stack.

First break my stack is at 15,850, average = 17,458

I’m BB and get AJos. 6 callers to me so I call. Flop A45. I check, checked to V who bets 600. I call everyone else folds. Turn bricks, I check, V bets 1500 and I call. River 5. I check, V shoves and I call. V show A4 and I scoop thanks to river. Stack up to 22,400, average 18,167.

I’m down to about 20,000 when the following hand happens. V on my right goes all in with ~10000. I shove with AK to get heads up. He shows 55 and I hit an A on the flop. Stack up to 33000 average = 19260. By the 2nd break my stack is at 28,625 with the average at 23,762.

Mistake costs me big after the break. I get KQ in middle position. 1 limper so I raise to 1100. V raises to 2400 limper folds and I call. Flop is K high. V bets I call. Turn brick, V bets and I call. River brick V bets I shove and V insta calls and shows AA. I'm down to about 7500. I was getting tired and I should have known better than to shove on the river.

Blinds 300-600, 75 ante. I’m down to about 9000 and shove with QQ. I get called by 99. QQ holds and I double up. Average is 30802 and I have just over 19000. Need one more double but it’s not going to happen. Shortly after the previous hand I’m down to ~18,000. There’s an early raise and it’s folded to me. I look down to see AdKd so I shove. BB shoves and early raiser calls. BB shows AA and early raise turns over KK. AA holds and I’m out in ~230th place.
  • After busting out of the Wynn Senior I headed back to the Venetian, had a quick dinner and registered for the V's $400 7 pm bounty tournament. Here are my notes for that tournament:

"Not worth discussing!" That says it all. Shouldn't have played - I was tired and pissed off so played like crap and got what I deserved.

Played Day 1A of the V's Senior the next day:

Venetian $600 Seniors NLHE Day 1A June 13/17
    Starting stack 15,000
    ?? runners, ?? paid

Interesting early hand (3rd hand of tournament). I have A3os in late position (5 handed). First to act raises to 225 and 1 call so I fold. Flop is A3x. Bet and call. Turn is 3. Bet, raise, shove and call. Better turns over AA and caller shows 33. Ouch. Glad I folded pre-flop.

First break I'm down to 8350, average = 18000

Busted out level 4. I had won a couple of hands after the break and was up to about 12000. Blinds were 100-200, 25 ante. Dealt JJ in mid position. Two limpers, I raise to 500, V (on my left) calls, guy raises to 1700, folded back to me, I call and V calls (3 of us see the flop). Flop is 776. I bet 1500, V calls and one seat calls. Turn brick. By this time I think I have decent reads on the other two in the hand. V is loose and not real strong. The 1 seat is the guy I'm most worried about as he seems to be pretty strong. With that in mind I bet 2000, figuring V will fold and if the one seat re-raises then I'm folding. To my surprise V shoves and one seat thinks a bit and folds. I think a bit and call. V shows Td8d for a bluff (gut straight draw his only out). River 9 hits his gut straight and I'm done. 😩

Wasn't happy with the way Day 1A ended so I decided to fire another bullet and play Day 1B.

Venetian $600 Seniors NLHE Day 1B June 14/17
    Starting stack 15,000
    ?? runners, ?? paid

First break I'm down to 5625; average is 18368

Completely card dead (few small pairs that I had to fold to bets with overs on the flop) until last hand before break. Here's how I ran pretty much throughout the V's senior: Dealt AKos in mid position. UTG raises to 500 (blinds 100-200), I call and 2 callers behind. Flop comes QhTx8h. BB bets 1500, I call and V calls. Turn a brick. BB bets 2500, I fold and V calls. River Jx, which would have given me broadway. BB checks, V bets BB folds and shows a Q. V shows AhKh.

Last hand - 100-200, 25 ante. In BB with Ad7d. Mid position, cutoff and SB limp so I check. Flop KdQdTh. First to act bets 500, cutoff folds, SB raises to 1200 I shove and they both call. 6h and 3h on the turn and river. One more diamond and I triple up and I'm back in the tournament. Oh well, those are the hands you need to win to go deep.
  • After such an auspicious start to my trip (nice cash in the Wynn $400) I was getting pretty down by this time. I made the final table last year at the Aria Senior so I figured this was the time to get back on track.

Aria Senior - June 15/17
    Starting stack 20000
    422 runners, 45 paid.

First break I'd built my stack up to 33875, average was 22000

Blinds 200,400, 50 ante
    Dealt AQ. V in early position raises to 1000, I call BB calls. Flop AAQ! BB bets 400, V raises to 1200 I call BB folds. Turn a brick, V bets 3500 I call. River a brick, V bets 6000, I shove, he thinks for awhile and calls and shows AJ. 😄

Up to about 59000, average 25724

Second break I'm at 59200, average 27379

Blinds 500,1000 100. V shoves his last 11000 and I wake up to AA. Thought about just calling to see if anyone else wanted to come along but thought better of it and shoved. Folded around and V shows Q 2 off. AA holds.

Third break I'm at 69000 and average is 40190; 210 left

Went card dead for a while and saw my stack whittled down to about 50,000 (which was still above average). Got moved to a new table and made a big mistake. I like to sit back and play extremely tight when I get moved so I can get a read on the rest of the table before I get involved in big hands. Didn't do this on this table change and ended up in the following hand.

Blinds 1000, 2000; ante 300. AJ in SB. V (UTG) raises to 5000 folded to me and I call. A high flop. I check, he bets 12000 and I call. Turn A. He bets 15000 I shove and he insta calls and shows AQ. No help on river and I'm done. Finished around 110. There's no way I should be shoving there as the only way he calls is if he has me beat. If I had been at the table for awhile I probably would have had a better feel for the way the hand played and the Villain and (hopefully) not gotten too involved with AJ when V had raised UTG and then proceeded to bet the A's on the flop and turn.
  • By this time I was starting to think maybe I should give up poker and take up another sport. Instead I gave myself a stern talking to and decided to play the WSOP Senior the next day and make sure I brought my "A" game. Before Buddy jumps in, I admit that after last year I swore I was done with the WSOP because of the "sucky" structure but I'm a Senior so I'm allowed to change my mind. Anyway, here's my last report:

WSOP Senior June 16/17
    Starting stack 5000
    5389 runners, 809 paid.

Day 1

Level 1. Dealt QsQc. 3 limpers, I raise to 150 and get 2 callers. Flop Qh 8h Xs. Checked to me, I bet 250. One caller. Turn another spade. Checked to me and I bet 800. Flop brings third spade. V checks and I check (pretty sure he was on a heart draw but too early to risk he had a spade flush). QQ wins.

Level 2. I get KK in the cutoff. Couple of limpers to me, I raise to 300, Villain (button) calls and 1 other caller. Flop comes out rags 2 suited. I bet 800, V raises to 1600, other guy folds and I call. Turn rag, I check and V checks. River brick. I bet 1000, V calls, I show he folds. V has been playing a lot of garbage chasing flushes (same V as hand above) but also overbet a flopped set earlier so I was a little concerned on his raise on the flop. When he checked the turn I was pretty sure I had him.

First break I've doubled up to 10400

Level 3. I'm BB. Pick up QsTs. Raised to 300, I call and a couple of other calls. Flop KsJs??. Checked around to V who bets 600. I call and everyone else folds. Turn 9s 😁. I check and V checks. River a brick. I bet 1500 V folds. 😞 I showed my hand.

Second break I'm up to 16250

Dinner break I'm up to 21425

Shortly after break get 66 in mid position. I limp (blinds 500-200, 75 ante), late position raises to 1750, V calls and I call. Flop A6x. I check, late position bets 2500, V shoves ~6500 I re-shove and late position folds. V shows AK and my trips hold up.

Almost made big boo boo. In SB with J7os. Folded to me, I raise to 1800 (blinds 300-600, 75 ante) and BB calls. Flop comes T8x. I Check and BB checks. Turn is a 6. For some reason I thought that gave me a straight so I bet 2500. As soon as I bet I realized I need a 9, not a 6! V thought for a bit and folded. Phew!

Break after level 6 I'm up to 37200 chips and 1050 runners left. Average stack = 27800

End of day 1:
    I had a lot of nice little hands and worked my way up to 82,000 chips; average 36412, 684 left (we're in the money!).

One interesting note - I was moved late in day 1 to a new table and sat down with a lady with a pretty big stack on my right. I figured she had about 160000 chips while my stack was probably around 80000. She seemed like a decent player as well as a nice lady (I chatted with her quite a bit, getting some good information on a few of the other players at the table). By the end of the day I was actually only about 20000 chips behind her. I found out later (from following the live reports) that the lady was Gina Bacon, who ended up taking down 6th place for almost $119,000!

Day 2

Took a small hit early in the day. Big stack raises to 3500, I call with 99, short stack shoves for 12200, big stack and I call. A high flop checked down to river. Big stack shows AX and short stack shows rivered straight. I'd stolen 3 or 4 blinds and antes to this point so I might be down marginally.

Daay 2 not starting well. QQ in BB. I raise to 3500 and button calls. J high flop. I bet 4000 and V shoves 15200 total. I call he shows KK and I get no help.

Down to about 55K, avg 49000

Got a few chips back. ATos in the cutoff. Checked to me I raise to 3500 (blinds 800-1600, 200 ante) and BB calls. 7 high flop I bet 4000 V folds.

Big double up. Get QdJd in SB. Folded to me, I raise to 3500 and BB calls. Flop KdTd9x for nut straight and open ended straight flush draw! I check, V bets 7200, I raise to 16000 and V shoves. I insta call and V shows pocket T's. Board doesn't pair and I'm up to ~125000😜

First break
    93300 chips, average 62683, 430 left.

Pretty much card dead for awhile. Took down the blinds and antes a couple of times but that was it.

Second break
    54000 chips, average 92914

Blinds 1500-3000, 500 ante

Dealt ATos UTG. I shove and get one caller. He shows AKos. T on the flop and river put me up to about 80000 (I had him covered).

Blinds 2000-4000, 500 ante, average 136000
    Shove A6 called by A3 and 6 on the turn seals the deal. Up to 65000

KK early position so I shove ~65000. Called by JJ and my K's hold up. Close to average stack now.

Dinner break - my stack 125000, average 148867, 181 runners left.

Busted out 142 for $4030. Folded to cutoff who raises to 12000. I shove my last 65000 with KQ and BB folds. V shows 66 and flop brings third 6. River teases me with a Q.

That makes two cashes in three years for the WSOP Senior (finished 259th in 2015) so I guess I shouldn't slag the structure too much. Overall I end up ahead for my tournaments on this trip so I head home happy.
  • And no tax! Nice reports. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • Great detailed report, appreciate it very much.
  • Good job. You had some fun , played some poker and cashed for more than your total buy-ins. Sounds like a perfect trip.
  • Good job. You had some fun , played some poker and cashed for more than your total buy-ins. Sounds like a perfect trip.

Made some at the tables as well (mostly craps) and got to see the Doobie Brothers and Chicago to boot. Ya, it was a pretty good trip.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    Made some at the tables as well (mostly craps) and got to see the Doobie Brothers and Chicago to boot. Ya, it was a pretty good trip.

did they play black water and China grove ? Would love to have seen them back in the day.
  • did they play black water and China grove ? Would love to have seen them back in the day.

They played pretty much all their hits and more. Long Train Running, China Grove, Black Water, Listen to the Music, etc., etc. I went with my wife. We figured we'd get an hour of the Doobies and an hour of Chicago (the two groups are touring together). The show lasted almost 4 hours! Chicago played two sets, with their second set being pretty much all their hits. Both groups were outstanding but in my opinion Chicago was the best.

Most of the current members of both groups are not the originals but both groups have their sound down pretty much perfectly so you wouldn't know they aren't the originals. If you're a fan of either it's a worthwhile evening.
  • Gogie wrote: »
    They played pretty much all their hits and more. Long Train Running, China Grove, Black Water, Listen to the Music, etc., etc. I went with my wife. We figured we'd get an hour of the Doobies and an hour of Chicago (the two groups are touring together). The show lasted almost 4 hours! Chicago played two sets, with their second set being pretty much all their hits. Both groups were outstanding but in my opinion Chicago was the best.

Most of the current members of both groups are not the originals but both groups have their sound down pretty much perfectly so you wouldn't know they aren't the originals. If you're a fan of either it's a worthwhile evening.

Thanks, sounds like a great night out.
  • 10 days till Vegas trip.... studying quite a bit. Really looking forward to this year and making the tournament my first priority, not drinking my face off and trying to cave man a chubby ugly woman back to the room at 4am.
  • trying to cave man a chubby ugly woman back to the room at 4am.

What happens in Vegas... should never, ever happen.

• pkrfce9 wrote: »
    What happens in Vegas... should never, ever happen.

I dunno , it was tons of fun.
  • Tons being the key word?

Have a great trip. Good luck.

• Good luck in the main. Please try and provides updates here. Would love to follow along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Friend of friends John Hesp 2nd in chips on final table! Tomorrow night tune in! Have been thinking of getting back into poker myself so maybe watching will help.

Who is everyone cheering for or does anyone else know or kinda know someone on the final table?
  • This is god dam stressful, lol. a6 folds in small blind and pollack guy does not call short stack with q10 suited. geesh.

How does Toronto pimp, Blondefish and the likes do this all the time haha.
  • So played my 1st games in over 2 years online, bubbled the 1st game (6 max 12 man), and back to back 2nd's with almost a 1st in one of those in sng's.( 9 man ko). So better than I thought though not great play some times but was able to "Ivey effect " in 1 hand already. :)

So far just going into this as a hobby now so trying to not care about bad beats ( last hand tonight was 98% fave on flop to win and still lost), Tough making extra money would be nice lol.