The Honeymoon is over . . .

2»

Comments

• You know I really, really, hate partisan politics.. The way we seem to blindly follow along with whatever party we regularly vote for is disturbing.. We are getting more and more like America every day.. Why can we not urge our politicians to do the right thing, not necessarily what our party leaders say to do. We as individuals should do the same thing, not always looking for reasons why "our" party is right.. I think I have voted either conservative or liberal about an even number of times, or at least close to even over the last 50'ish years. I know some people who have never changed, just so American.. The British do it much better.. Not perfect but better.
  • Not about Parties at this point, for me. "My" Party became an egregious group of "say anything to keep power" fucktards during the last campaign. The current ruling Party promised they would make things better for all . . .

It's about holding them to account in the same manner that opponents of the previous government were doing.
    We have a budget that is going to pile on significantly more debt than was talked about in the election campaign.
    We have legislation on assisted dying that the government has been told will not withstand a Charter challenge.
    We have a government using procedural trickery in order to get their pet projects through the legislature
    We have a government spending an inordinate amount of time on legislation of little merit while Bills that will have great impact on improving the lives (and life expectancy) of Canadians dies in Committee.
    We have a government that excoriated the previous one on it's treatment of Veterans reneging on it's promises to them, and using the very same legal tactics that the previous one backed away from.
    We have a government proposing changes to how the legislative process works in Parliament to garner even more power and control for itself.
    We have a government that campaigned on reforming our electoral system that now wishes to avoid consultation with the people on what those changes should look like.

Meet the new boss . . . same as the old boss.
  • Oh, and if you want to go all Ezra Levant on the government, just ask about the $17 expense chit for Jamba Juice on the NYC trip. It's stupid but, if it should cost Bev Oda her post . . .
  • Can you explain that in English? Not about to start reading all your guys quotes and re-quotes. And I'm quite sure you know what I meant, in that the Canadian governmental system is broke and getting worse.. I couldn't care less which party is in power, I see little difference any more.. :( I would love to see a system where each riding elects a member and they all vote the way their constituents want, not the way the party orders... Conservatives/Liberals/NDP, no real difference in the end.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Can you explain that in English? Not about to start reading all your guys quotes and re-quotes. And I'm quite sure you know what I meant, in that the Canadian governmental system is broke and getting worse.. I couldn't care less which party is in power, I see little difference any more.. :( I would love to see a system where each riding elects a member and they all vote the way their constituents want, not the way the party orders... Conservatives/Liberals/NDP, no real difference in the end.

Isn't that the way it is suppose to be now? The problem is politics is driven by ... everything under the sun but the will of the people.

Juat last week Paul Ryan, speaker of the house in the states has told the republicans delegates to vote their own conscience and not for the candidate who won the contest in each state. This goes for all politicians around the world.

Well said Jeff!
  • compuease wrote: »
    Can you explain that in English?
    Milo wrote: »
    Meet the new boss . . . same as the old boss.

Pretty much this.