wtf is up with stars?

2»

Comments

• reset router. didn't work. going out now. maybe later today i'll completely disconnect router to see if that helps.
  • With this additional info I too think it may be your router or a setting in your router specifically. Depending on who your ISP is, can you connect via Ethernet directly to their connection, ie bypassing your router. If you reset your router as Bfill says you will have to set up your wireless again and perhaps DNS settings in the router depending on your ISP requirements. I believe most cable ISPs do not require anything other than wireless set up.
    One thing I can do when we can arrange it, is connect directly to your pc, log into your router and have a look for anything suspicious. Let me know if you would like me to and we'll co-ordinate.

P.S. Promise I won't raid your pron collection while I'm connected...:biggrin:
  • prolly out of manies imo
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    prolly out of manies imo

yes.
  • didn't get a chance to disconnect router (thanksgiving got in the way), so will do it tonight. got another email from stars asking for my router brand and whether it's possible or not to connect to stars website using my cell phone data, but i don't have data so, no lol.
  • disconnected router and ran internet straight from modem and everything worked fine so it is a router issue. reset the router but that doesn't help. suggestions? time to buy a new router?

EDIT: used the old google on the internets machine and figured out how to disable the router firewall. works fine now. well, i haven't tried depositing on stars software, but pokerstars website no longer being blocked. thanks for the help.
  • compuease wrote: »
    with this additional info i too think it may be your router or a setting in your router specifically. Depending on who your isp is, can you connect via ethernet directly to their connection, ie bypassing your router.

trigs wrote: »
    disconnected router and ran internet straight from modem and everything worked fine so it is a router issue.
    yw.... :)

However I'm concerned with you running permanently with no firewall in the router depending on your ISP.

Your ISP?

make/model of the modem/router they supplied?

make/model of your router?

It may be that a firmware update on the router may resolve the issue as well. However if it's more than 3 years old I would just replace it.
  • compuease wrote: »
    yw.... :)

However I'm concerned with you running permanently with no firewall in the router depending on your ISP.

Your ISP?

make/model of the modem/router they supplied?

make/model of your router?

It may be that a firmware update on the router may resolve the issue as well. However if it's more than 3 years old I would just replace it.

my ISP is primus. it's my own router that i've been using for a while now. definitely more than 3 years old. it's a DLink. I forgot to take a look at the model # this morning. probably best to buy a new one anyway. any suggestions?

EDIT: have been reading a little bit today on routers. should i be considering getting a wireless AC router or should i just be sticking to a wireless N router. i've read that wireless AC is "better" but there can be some compatibility issues with some devices. i don't need anything amazing but it's definitely possible that i'm playing online games and my gf is streaming netflix or something at the same time, so i do want a decent router. also, my house is kind of big so having good wifi throughout the whole house would be nice.

EDIT 2: also wouldn't mind hearing of any good router brands.