Let's fix Bill's plan

13»

Comments

• Agree 1000%.

Definitely fix the antes and tweak the blinds for a smoother increase per level. Blinds should never double and 150 antes just slow the game down. (For antes you could use 25, 50, 100, 200, 500, just as an example)

10K starting stacks makes way more sense than 8600. Bill I know you only have enough chips for 128 players x 8600 chips - but lets cross that bridge when we get to it!

Also agree on the redundancy of T50's, pretty minor though so make that the last priority after the blinds and starting stacks.

Once again, awesome to see this getting bigger and bigger!
  • Can there just be one rolling thread called "Friday at Bill's"? We can make an rsvp list each week in the one thread and talk about what happened and whatnot all in the same place rather than jumping thread to thread each new week.
  • MsBlue wrote: »
    Can there just be one rolling thread called "Friday at Bill's"? We can make an rsvp list each week in the one thread and talk about what happened and whatnot all in the same place rather than jumping thread to thread each new week.

No. It is far easier to track with a new thread for each week. Assuming people want to have an idea of how many people are coming out for the next game so they can decide if it is worth attending.

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • +1. Now that Bill has played several Brantford tournaments, the Gold Members are requesting to make the poker improvements below at some point. I volunteer pkrfce9 to do all the work required; J/K, I volunteer too.

1) Change the starting stack to 10,000 or 8,000, like most of Brantford's tournaments.

2) Change the chips to be similar to Brantford, i.e., 8 t25 chips (preferably green), NO t50 chips, and preferably black t100 chips.

3) Make the blinds the same as Brantford's, e.g., antes start at 25 in Level 4, no 150 antes.

4) Just like two weeks ago when pkrfce9 won, for any freeroll where the first place prize exceeds the cash pool, the 50-30-20 split will go to 2nd-4th among those who optioned in. I'm willing to organize the rake-free pool so there will be less confusion.

5) To prepare freeroll winners to the upcoming WPT Fallsview events with over $4 million in prize pool, TDA Rules will be in effect. Since Bill and RookieC have to occasionally leave the table for customers, maybe the controversial first-card-off-the deck rule (TDA Rule #29) won't be enforced, i.e., your dealt hand won't be dead if the table agrees to wait for you.
    Other suggestions:
    - Change the starting stack size. Round up or down or something. 8600 is a weird number.
    - Get rid of the t50 red chips. They're redundant when you have t25 quarter chips.
    - Blind/ante structure could use some work to make it more standard/intuitive. As an example, you won't find a 150 ante in any live tournament anywhere.
  • As a member, I think these would be a positive change.
  • Perhaps someone can introduce Bill to the wonderful world of poker chip degenerousy. I agree with tweaking the starting stack and blind structure to mirror Brantford's structure. Since we are playing for a seat in one of their tournaments, it only makes sense to mirror the structure of that tournament.

As for payouts to the optional, rake free, cash tournament, last night there was $280 in cash to be won, paid out to the top 3 - 1st, $140, 2nd $85 and 3rd, $55 but first also received the $125 tournament ticket. I like the idea that the cash is optional and a separate event to the freeroll. And yes, if the winner of the ticket also played the cash game, then they get the cash and the ticket. If you don't think that is fair, don't play in the "optional" cash game.

While continuing to educate the players to the proper rules of poker tournaments, it must remain a fun and relaxed atmosphere to keep the recreational and novice players coming out. First card off the deck rule should not apply, I have not seen the game slowed down greatly by players not being at the table.

If someone mistakenly puts in a call because they did not hear or see the raise in action before them, they should be allowed to take back the call. It is not an angle shoot, there is no effect to players acting later, its a simple mistake.

If the same errors are made, by the same players, then something should be done. But a one off, should be coached and corrected, no penalized.

This is a great start for this game and its heading the right direction. With small changes as we go, it can grow to more players and perhaps more events. Small moves.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    1) Change the starting stack to 10,000 or 8,000, like most of Brantford's tournaments.

2) Change the chips to be similar to Brantford, i.e., 8 t25 chips (preferably green), NO t50 chips, and preferably black t100 chips.

3) Make the blinds the same as Brantford's, e.g., antes start at 25 in Level 4, no 150 antes.

4) Just like two weeks ago when pkrfce9 won, for any freeroll where the first place prize exceeds the cash pool, the 50-30-20 split will go to 2nd-4th among those who optioned in. I'm willing to organize the rake-free pool so there will be less confusion.

5) To prepare freeroll winners to the upcoming WPT Fallsview events with over $4 million in prize pool, TDA Rules will be in effect. Since Bill and RookieC have to occasionally leave the table for customers, maybe the controversial first-card-off-the deck rule (TDA Rule #29) won't be enforced, i.e., your dealt hand won't be dead if the table agrees to wait for you.
    Agreed.. wholeheartedly...
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    As for payouts to the optional, rake free, cash tournament, last night there was $280 in cash to be won, paid out to the top 3 - 1st, $140, 2nd $85 and 3rd, $55 but first also received the $125 tournament ticket. I like the idea that the cash is optional and a separate event to the freeroll. And yes, if the winner of the ticket also played the cash game, then they get the cash and the ticket. If you don't think that is fair, don't play in the "optional" cash game.
    ^^^^ Much prefer BF's idea otherwise the structure is too top heavy..

While continuing to educate the players to the proper rules of poker tournaments, it must remain a fun and relaxed atmosphere to keep the recreational and novice players coming out. First card off the deck rule should not apply, I have not seen the game slowed down greatly by players not being at the table.

If someone mistakenly puts in a call because they did not hear or see the raise in action before them, they should be allowed to take back the call. It is not an angle shoot, there is no effect to players acting later, its a simple mistake.

100% agree with this, it annoys me when we are too "rules" conscious that we take the fun out of the game. This is in effect a home game and we don't want to over regulate it.

If the same errors are made, by the same players, then something should be done. But a one off, should be coached and corrected, no penalized.

This is a great start for this game and its heading the right direction. With small changes as we go, it can grow to more players and perhaps more events. Small moves.
  • I can live with BF's plan for payouts, just stating my preference. It wouldn't stop me from coming out, thats for sure.