Ice Storm '13

13»

Comments

• RAM_Eh wrote: »
    Heading to Fallsview in the morning to play satellites.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    "Shut the power, shut the power!"

;)

Weekdays are usually dead at Fallsview, and I just confirmed that only one player is signed up for the satellites - RAM_Eh? I've been itching to going back to grind the raked satellites, but I don't think a single one has ran since the last time I was there.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    "Shut the power, shut the power!"

;)

Weekdays are usually dead at Fallsview, and I just confirmed that only one player is signed up for the satellites - RAM_Eh? I've been itching to going back to grind the raked satellites, but I don't think a single one has ran since the last time I was there.

Satellites were going strong yesterday. 2 tables in the evening. Seems like Fallsview was running a good room yesterday.
  • Big meltdown has arrived, likely with some more outages from added weight.
  • +1. Except for the one-of-a-kind house rule which is being looked into Fallsview's WPT satellites have been run a lot better than before. There will always be opportunities to improve to be more like Playground and the Venetian, but given the AGCO restrictions, 13CARDS, the WPT Assistant TD & other staff have been running the room well. Did you play any of the satellites from 10 PM - 4 AM as I was looking for you?

The WPT Montreal 2-time finalist was throwing thousands of dollars in the cash game. I think the $45K BBJ was hit in the morning or the day before & the lucky guy moved up to the same 5/10 table. I have seen poker millionaire pro Jason Koon playing before. Will go there soon, but I can't stay as late because of the Brantford Deep Stack tomorrow.
    RAM_Eh wrote: »
    Satellites were going strong yesterday. 2 tables in the evening. Seems like Fallsview was running a good room yesterday.
  • What load of horse shit. How about they just go about cleaning up the mess, and let people sort out their own responsibilities
  • agreed. I'm all about helping your neighbors and social safety nets etc as I think these traits/programs are part of a civilized society but the number of people in my town bitching about the whole process, who are able to. but didn't get out there and bloody well chip in pisses me off.

and I mean come on, it was so effing cold outside, how anyone let food go to waste I don't know. I am very thankful I had power back to cook the turkey but I left the leftovers in the porch for 4 days because the fridge was so full of random stuff....it just seemed so easy and logical.

I don't know. Too harsh, to much to expect when really the only reporting will be done on cases that have some news value (outliers) ? Did most people use common sense and we are only seeing those who are not physically able to help themselves and complete and utter idiots in the news? For the people dealing with medical issues it was a crazy rough time but for so many others who will snap up these cards...... /rant (until next time)
  • With my snowblower on the fritz my wife and I have been shovelling by hand. However on 3 separate occasions we've had help from our neighbours who come help out with their snow blowers! We promptly went and helped someone else across the street.

Many hands (and snowblowers) make for light work!
  • EXACTLY !!! When did we lose our sense of community? I have been lending a hand to neighbours to say nothing of lending tools. You help out your friends and neighbours, and hopefully vice versa. There is no way that anyone is going to "starve" as a result of these power outages, or even lose all of their foodstuffs. The only way that happens is in a condo or apartment with no balcony. This giveaway is simply a feelgood exercise. Now, having said that, I have no issue with the various grocery chains deciding to chip in as good corporate citizens. My objection is limited solely to the idea that the Province is administrating this. For them, it is just PR.
  • lol at wanting compensation from Toronto Hydro.
  • You guys are going to love the whining going on in this article:

Residents unimpressed with premier's food hampers | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

If there house was at 1C, then how did the food spoil? As for their $4,000.00 in costs, call your insurance agent . . . that is what your homeowner's policy is for. If the damage I suffered was that extensive, that would have been my first move. And with respect to the dietary preferences of individual recipients, if you cannot use what is generously GIVEN to you, then say "thank you" and PASS IT ON to someone who can use it.

This is why I hate people . . .
  • I am suing Mother Nature . . . who wants to make it a Class Action? IF you're wondering where we can get the money from any judgement, we just add her spokesman Al Gore to the suit.

EZmoneez
  • So, with the wind chill hovering around -40, we were roused from sleep by a sound that was reminiscent of a ball being thrown against the wall outside. Totally random intervals . . . just "bang". I am guessing it is either one of these frost quakes we have been hearing about, or the frost and ice on the roof is contracting due to the cold and cracking. Any other ideas?
  • Milo wrote: »
    So, with the wind chill hovering around -40, we were roused from sleep by a sound that was reminiscent of a ball being thrown against the wall outside. Totally random intervals . . . just "bang". I am guessing it is either one of these frost quakes we have been hearing about, or the frost and ice on the roof is contracting due to the cold and cracking. Any other ideas?

Armageddon. Who knew that hell would be so fucking cold.