trigs' holiday motivation thread

2»

Comments

• after busting MTTs, i just sat down to a very short omaha session:

74 hands
    55.9 BBs profit
    75.5 BB/100
  • more omaha today after a very disappointing MTT session. i'm actually a little happy about this losing session of omaha because i was down WAY more (probably lowest point was -500BBs easy) but kept focused and fought back a little before calling it quits.

633 hands
    -148.6 BBs profit
    -22.4 BB/100

i've gotten off to some bad starts in omaha lately. maybe i should try to be a bit tighter for a few orbits until i can feel out the table a bit? idk, i feel like i've just gotten unlucky in early pots.
  • If u start with a tight image it will allow you to steal more later and will make other players think twice when your in the pot.
  • payperview wrote: »
    If u start with a tight image it will allow you to steal more later and will make other players think twice when your in the pot.

Yeah that my thinking also.
  • omaha cash:

1383 hands
    -155.8 BBs profit
    -11.3 BB/100

EDIT: also wanted to mention one huge 500BB three-way all in pot that i was ahead when all the chips went in but i promptly got rivered. would have made a nice turnaround in this session.
  • here's a graph from all my omaha cash games (since i got this software which includes about 4000 extra hands - software wouldn't let me choose specific dates. also, there were some errors when inputting hand histories so these numbers might not be 100% accurate.)

EDIT: wow that pic came out horribly.
  • as i was just checking through some omaha stats, i happened to notice something that made me slightly happy. according to my tracking, i've played against 851 different opponents, and so far i am ranked 4th for amount of money won. my BB/100 over this range is only 2.53 but i'm happy that i'm in the positive at all since i'm still learning the game.

i may jump on and play more omaha today but no MTTs today for sure as i have to clean up the house a bit before some friends come over for a small new year's eve gathering. MTTs tomorrow if i'm not too hung over.
  • Can you post your graph any clearer, its hard to read. Keep up the good work. Off to play PLO myself.
    Can you post your graph any clearer, its hard to read. Keep up the good work. Off to play PLO myself.

lol i'll try. i just have a free omaha tracking program so it's not the greatest.
  • Which one, I may consider trying it if you reccommended it.
    Which one, I may consider trying it if you reccommended it.

pokerdebugger. considering it's free, it's not too bad.
  • more omaha today:

556 hands
    116.5 BBs profit
    21.0 BB/100
  • since my chart above sucks and i can't create a better one i figured i'd post an update about my overall omaha this holiday. i'll most likely play a little bit more either today or tomorrow as well.

Hands Played: 3908
    BBs Profit: 286.0
    BB/100: 7.3