Done with online poker

2»

Comments

• pokerpua wrote: »
    I also like the social aspect of anything

Lol at quoting your own post.

You mention you play for the money.....curious, what stakes do you normally play at, live or online poker, tournaments or cash games?
  • I went through a phase of that, but then I realized it's just because you're sitting at home in your comfy environment where nobody is going to say "what an asshole" when you lose your mind. Unless you're married, or have dogs that leave the room when you get up with that look on your mug.

Live, you're not likely to break the social inhibitions you would in your own home thus you hone your rage into a controllable event.

It's kind of sad really. Luckily, I'm relatively balanced.

I do think that is a part of it sure but not everything... if I may direct your attention to my topic "How big of a favorite am I" that beat pissed me off to no end.. it was only an $11 dollar tourney that I was already in the money in and I kind of lost it with quite a few F this and F Thats...

I'll play live and hell my weekly league is more then that with less of a prize pool then that tournament and doesn't faze me at all when I get knocked out really.. does it suck? Sure but very rarely do I get that upset..
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    Lol at quoting your own post.

You mention you play for the money.....curious, what stakes do you normally play at, live or online poker, tournaments or cash games?

I play online on pokerstars and I play 1/2
    You?
  • online poker was beating the shit out of me mentally, emotionally, financially, physically and time wise so I permanently closed all of my accounts. Extreme? Perhaps, but it's done me a world of good. I feel free and happier now. No more destroying laptops, no more moping face at home, no more whining to anyone with ears, no more 2 hours of sleep and no more deposit after deposit. I'm back to the gym, I walk my dog more and I spend my money on the other things that I loved before online poker took over. I still play live here and there and I find that I look forward to the games more now.

Some people are blessed with making FT after FT and earning good coin, I was not one of them. I think I used my "one time" when I shipped a 12,000 player free roll when FTP came back for a whopping $340. If only that one was even a $10 entry!
  • Read no sarcasm or assholery whatsoever into the following:

That was one of the most honest, clearly well written posts I've ever read for anyone who thinks gambling online is becoming a problem for them. Or just anyone who thinks they have better things to do and needs clarity for themselves as to what they're thinking of their online play.

Very well written Sir. Glad to hear you still enjoy playing the game. I think we've met at Johnnieh's live.
    You?

Partypoker. I know, lol,

6-max sng's $11-54's.
    You?

Tried to find pokerpua65 on Sharkscope, but it seems you didn't opt in.
  • Tried to find pokerpua65 on Sharkscope, but it seems you didn't opt in.

Hey now........I think we can assume for the time being it's either a cliff or a giraffe.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I find that the more I need the money, or the bigger the buy-in, the more upset I get at a bad beat. If its a $1 buy-in, meh, who cares. If its the Sunday Million and its half my bankroll, look out.

I did swear and slam the table at Brantford when that stupid 4 hit the river cracking my Kings and knocking me out in 8th place. I really need the money right now as my wife is out of work. Which is why the beats are getting to me more because I am trying to supplement our income with poker and its not going according to plan.

It started out ok with the Cave score and BCC but online has been brutal. I think I would be better off getting a part time job instead.

If this is a true post you should definately not play anymore, and I fully agree with your last paragraph.
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    Hey now........I think we can assume for the time being it's either a cliff or a giraffe.

Philli?
    can you recomande a good poker book?

The Education of a Poker Player by Herbert O. Yardley.
  • as it seems to work out for me, i spend the summer actually playing poker (by that i mean i have free time so i can play a decent volume). i make a little bit of a roll and then work starts again in september. i try to keep playing here and there but my volume drops dramatically along with my roll.

next summer though i (currently) have absolutely nothing to do. the gf has said that we are both relaxing next summer. so, as long as she doesn't change her mind (fingers crossed!) i'll be playing a ton next summer.
  • If you are a good player most of the times that you lose you will have the best hand. In tournaments your going to lose a majority of the time (hopefully in the money) Keep playing well and eventually your preparation will meet opportunity and you'll have a big score.