NHL Playoffs

i have a feeling this year it will be Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup Finals :D

i'm picking Calgary representing the West
and Montreal representing the East :D

CGY vs MTL 1 more time :mrgreen: like the 89 series :lol:

let's see in a month IF my prediction(s) are on the money :?: :?: :?:

what do y'all think? comments :D

Comments

• While I'd like to say the Leafs will be there in the finals, I don't think they'll get by Philly.

I actually think Calgary has a good shot. They have a really hot goalie right now.

hork.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    While I'd like to say the Leafs will be there in the finals, I don't think they'll get by Philly.

I actually think Calgary has a good shot. They have a really hot goalie right now.

hork.

actually i think TO has a better chance of beating Philly THAN MTL beating Tampa but i want to see CGY vs MTL LOL :lol:

hmmmm TO vs CGY

is Doug Gilmour still playing? :unsure:
  • TO down 2-0

CGY 1-1

and MTL also down 2-0

not good :cry:
  • Dang I really think that San Jose is playing very well. I would love Calgary to come out of the west but it will be a tough road ... Toronto looks hopeless against Philly, but I really hope they turn it around.
  • kwplayer wrote:
    Dang I really think that San Jose is playing very well. I would love Calgary to come out of the west but it will be a tough road ... Toronto looks hopeless against Philly, but I really hope they turn it around.

CGY should do well at home :mrgreen:

COL faved to win tonite by 2 :shock: SJ in 4 :lol:

TO must turn it around... :unsiure:
    :shock:
  • I will be honest, I didn't catch the entire game. But in the pieces I did watch (especially the 3rd period) I thought TO was clearly outplayed.

However, I was very impressed with Sundin. I thought he played well and had some nice setups (too bad they didn't work). I didn't see the domi goal at all so like I said I can not comment on the entire game ...

Philly is big and strong and it looks like they have the goaltending now. It would be very interesting to see them against TB (what appears to be happening).
  • kwplayer wrote:
    I will be honest, I didn't catch the entire game. But in the pieces I did watch (especially the 3rd period) I thought TO was clearly outplayed.

However, I was very impressed with Sundin. I thought he played well and had some nice setups (too bad they didn't work). I didn't see the domi goal at all so like I said I can not comment on the entire game ...

Philly is big and strong and it looks like they have the goaltending now. It would be very interesting to see them against TB (what appears to be happening).

yeppers TO aint playing as well as they should

good thing Philly got rid of Cechmanek LOL that guy's a BUM :lol:
    hmmm Philly vs Tampa...interesting :D
    no TO no MTL....BOOOOOOOOO 8)

CGY vs SJ

hmmmm SJ vs Tampa for the StanleyCup
    or CGY vs Tampa for StanleyCup

Goalies Mania LOL
  • This decision is one of the high points of this year's playoffs, I think.

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/212274.html

And his save on that 2 on 1 was pretty sick too. 8)
    "That was an accident," Nieminen said of the incident.

ROTFLMAO

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    This decision is one of the high points of this year's playoffs, I think.

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/212274.html

And his save on that 2 on 1 was pretty sick too. 8)
    "That was an accident," Nieminen said of the incident.

ROTFLMAO

ScottyZ

lmao :mrgreen:

it dont matter now...CGY won today 1-0 :D

Detroit GAMEOVER :D
  • I would contend that the decision does still matter regardless of the outcome of today's game or any other.

A player made a stupid, unsportsmanlike play, and IMO was punished approriately by the league.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    I would contend that the decision does still matter regardless of the outcome of today's game or any other.

A player made a stupid, unsportsmanlike play, and IMO was punished approriately by the league.

ScottyZ
    yeah i agree with ya totally on that :wink:

but all else being equal...CGY still won :mrgreen:

wtg CGY :mrgreen:
  • RoyalFlush wrote:
    untitled.jpg

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:ROFLMFAO :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Sick game tonight. Gelinas is the man.

Now I need my Leafs to win their next two games...
  • Jay wrote:
    Sick game tonight. Gelinas is the man.

Now I need my Leafs to win their next two games...

Sick game? :?:

yes Gelinas is the man! 2 OT killers :D
    now need the Sharks to finish COL off :mrgreen:

TO should win tonite...they'd better LOL :D
  • "Sick game" as in it was a great game...
  • Jay wrote:
    "Sick game" as in it was a great game...
    first time i've heard of that :lol:

:D
  • Really? Where are you from?

People around here always use "sick" as an alternative to "awesome", "cool", etc.
  • It's not looking good for the Leafs, they're down two goals already. :(
  • Leafs are gone...That just bites...Guess I gotta cheer for the Flames now...even though I am in Edmonton...

Did you hear that the Oilers are offering 5 million to any WHL team to move there... Tells me that hockey next year won't be happening...
  • :( @ the Leafs losing
  • *sigh* I pretty much got completely wiped out in my hockey pool in 2 days, having picked all three of Toronto, Colorado and Detroit as teams. And I'm in such dire straits that I basically need Calgary win their series (rather, I need San Jose to lose) to even have an outside chance...

And I feel absolutely sick (in the bad meaning, not as in "that was a sick goal!") about CuJo. He repeatedly (including even last year) has outstanding personal performances and his team in front of them can't find the back of the net. Full marks to Kiprusoff (and Giguere last year) obviously, but I think CuJo really stood on his head (I never really understood that particular expression) even after all of the goaltending shenanigans in Detroit.

On another topic, has anybody else noticed the *insane* amount of blocked shots in this year's playoffs? Booo-ring. A bigger ice surface would r00l.

GO FLAMES GO

:)

ScottyZ
  • Jay wrote:
    :( @ the Leafs losing

Doh :(:(:(

now CGY has to go all the way :wink::D
  • Go Flames Go!!!
  • dvst8r wrote:
    Go Flames Go!!!

Game 1 on Sunday :o
  • I think the Flames have got a great chance! Plus my hockey pool depends on it :D
  • Lightning vs. Flames in the finals, and the Flames are taking it. :D
  • Jay wrote:
    Lightning vs. Flames in the finals, and the Flames are taking it. :D

my thoughts eXactly :shock:

ya took the words outta my mouth :o

go Flames go :D
  • Wow Tampa got smoked by Philly tonight. Hopefully their young team can rebound for the next two in Philly
  • dvst8r wrote:
    Wow Tampa got smoked by Philly tonight. Hopefully their young team can rebound for the next two in Philly

i knew Philly was gonna hammer Tampa 2nite :D

hope Tampa can rebound...but chances aint good :(

next gm in Philly :(