WPT Satellites at Playground

2»

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    How long did they play yesterday and how many did they play down to go on to day 2? Really tempted to drive down for tomorrows day 1c if I had ppl to share driving and cost. Would be fun..

The played 14 30 minute levels. Including breaks, then, it should play until around 3am tonight. On Saturday it starts at 1pm so it should go to about 8:30pm.

Last night, 62 players made it through to Day 2, some with very impressive stacks. If you "Like" the Playground Facebook page and the names and stacks of the survivors have been published.
  • So about 20% advancing if other days follow suit. Gonna be a juicy day Sunday for the LAGS!

Intense bubble me thinks.
  • might head down May 2 to May 5th. Probably drive down from GTA. Really need a car for these clubs.
  • They ended up with 939 total over the 3 days I believe. So withe the fifteen added 43ish seats Sunday.
  • Correct Jon - it was 43 seats total plus $1000 for 44th and $500 for 45th.

The bubble was intense but didn't last very long. The tournament stalled at 50 players for a level but then things got moving again.

And... the regular satellite schedule was still in effect so 2 more seats were won in the Sunday $110 rebuy last night.
  • Took down a seat!!! I was one of the 43 who survived, was down to 1bb with 88 people left.

This satellite was one of the best I have ever played, very good structure and a lot of play leading up to the bubble still.

Thank you playground for holding such an awesome event.

See you guys in may!
  • Congrats! Glad you had a good tourney. Did you check the Playground page on Facebook for your picture?
  • Yeah already went to the page, thanks!
  • r3m1x wrote: »
    Took down a seat!!! I was one of the 43 who survived, was down to 1bb with 88 people left.
    Nicely done!
  • r3m1x wrote: »
    Took down a seat!!! I was one of the 43 who survived, was down to 1bb with 88 people left.

This satellite was one of the best I have ever played, very good structure and a lot of play leading up to the bubble still.

Thank you playground for holding such an awesome event.

See you guys in may!
    Nice comeback! Never give up.
  • So - a quick update on satellites we're running...

As of this morning 66 entries have been won (including the 43 from the Mega Overlay) and there are 15 more entries guaranteed in satellites in April before the series begins plus another 20 entries guaranteed (and likely to be many many more awarded) once the Playground Poker Spring Classic gets started on April 23.
  • I am thinking to play main event, anyone else playing?
    I will buy to couple satalites at partypoker for $350.
  • @mikelbyl

How many players have the $330 Thursday Nights Satellites been getting recently? And what time in the morning do they seem to be wrapping up at?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    might head down May 2 to May 5th. Probably drive down from GTA. Really need a car for these clubs.

I'm thinking of heading down around the same dates...May 1 - 5/6th.

Any idea where you are staying at yet? Days Inn near the airport looks like a decent deal...I just started looking though. Let me know if you be interested in chopping a room.
  • Hey Steve - sorry I missed this when you posted it. Last Thursday there were 4 seats awarded - one more than the guaranteed 3 - I think it was 45 entries or so. The tournament last Sunday was over the guarantee as well iirc.

From what I know you're a good tournament player - if you have the time, it wouldn't be a bad idea to come ahead to Playground in time for next Thursday's satellite and get a jump on a lot of the others who are travelling for the series. It's been busy lately so next Friday's $125 Bounty (the regular Friday night tourney) should have well over 100 players and the Monday 6-Max will likely have around $4K up top. Also at least 10 and often 15+ cash games going every night (and usually at least 6-8 all day).

Point being it's not like you'd just have to wait around for the Spring Classic to start on Tuesday.