WPT Satellites at Playground

Anybody want to take a road trip to Playground on a Thursday in March to play a $330 Satellite to The WPT Montreal Main Event?

They are guaranteeing 3 seats

Montreal Poker | Playground Poker Club :: Tournaments

Comments

• Im up for that.
  • Ok Guys,

There is a few that are interested.

The plan is to leave Thursday March 7, 2013 around noon play the 8pm start satellite and come home ASAP on Friday by either driving straight home after we bust or crash for a couple hours somewhere and leave for home around 10am Friday morning. Be home in plenty of time to play OPT's WPT Satellite if there is enough players, currently 10 signed up need 14 to make it happen.
    http://www.orangevillepokertour.com/events/88975022/

We can figure out who has the best vehicle for the drive and share driving duties if need to be and of course we all chip in for gas.

Will probably do another one of these trips in April.

If you are willing to use your vehicle for the drive and what kind of vehicle it is please let me know. Comfort is a good thing on a road trip don't you think? :)

Here are the details of Playground's Satellite

Players start with 20,000 in chips.
    The blinds increase every 20 minutes.
    Optional $5 dealer add-on for an additional 5,000 in chips
    Max entrants: 80 + Alternates
    Re-entry is possible during the first 5 rounds.
    1 seat to the WPT Canadian Spring Championship Main Event will be awarded for every $3,300 in the prize pool.

3 Seats Guaranteed!
  • Hey Steve, I would be interested in doing this as I am off right now, should it change then I wouldnt be able to but as of right now things are okay. I also have a 7 seater Ford Explorer that could be used. I will not be able to confirm 100% until week of but as for now I am interested, too bad this wasnt this coming thursday, 2 days from now.
  • PM me your email

Ya I wish it was this Thursday as well but that don't start until March
  • Hey guys,

The other event you may want to consider will be the PartyPoker Mega Overlay. It's a 3-Day-One event from March 21-24 and you may re-enter for each Day 1 if you choose (largest stack survives to Day 2 if you survive twice).

Buy-in is $100+$10 plus an optional $30 add-on with this money going to the Jodi Taiger Lazarus Fund for Hereditary Breast Cancer Research.

The prize pool consists of a number of $3300 entries in the WPT Canadian Spring Championship PLUS 15 entries added to the prize pool by PartyPoker.

The max players per Day-1 will be 250 plus alternates, so you can anticipate a LOT of seats being awarded on the 24!
  • Steve, just double checking and I am on the site checking the date time satelite info etc, but it doesnt say on their site that it is a satelite tournament, just see a $330 freezeout tournament starting at 8pm. Is this the game you are talking about? Also it says 50 seats max, do we know how many are already sold?
  • You must be reading the wrong date. Clearly states it is a satellite at 8pm on Thursday March 7. 80 players plus alternates and like my email said you can phone or go online to reserve your seat
  • I seriously must be blind because I check again and still don't see it. I will have to call them then to get my ticket once I know I can go 100%. But was just wondering since I keep looking and can't see anything about a satelite. Am I looking in the wrong place?

http://www.playgroundpoker.ca/app/webroot/files/calendars/Calendar-2013-02.pdf
  • Please forgive me, I go to the tournaments section, scroll to marh and then open this months tournament schedule and look and there is nothing. Probably should get glasses cause now all oif a sudden I realized it says february at the top, so I go back to the smaller calendar and behold, march 7th satelite to wpt. Please disregard by previous post. Found it lol...
  • mikelbyl wrote: »
    The other event you may want to consider will be the PartyPoker Mega Overlay.
    You just said the magic word to make me consider coming out of live retirement! Playing online has been too juicy, but joining a live road trip on March 23-24 for the 15 WPT seats mega overlay :cool: sounds tempting.

mikelbyl, can a PartyPoker Day 1 seat be pre-purchased? I wouldn't want to carpool for 6 hours to Kahnawake to find the 250 seats sold out.
  • I'd be into a roadtrip to the March Mega Overlay..
  • So we're working on a solution but at the moment you can't pre-purchase your tickets for events at Playground.

That said, you really shouldn't worry about it too much.

Reasons not to worry:

1. There's LOTS of room. The advertised limit for each Day 1 is 250 players, and Playground always gets more players than the advertised number into big events. There will definitely be capacity to start with more than 25 tables if necessary. And there will still be lots of tables available for cash players as well!

2. Based on history, events that don't allow pre-registration generally have at least half of the seats still available on the day of the event.

3. If you're still worried because you're traveling (understandable), you should contact Playground a few days before the event and check on registration numbers. If it's getting close to the capacity we'll arrange something to accommodate you.

Now for the Thursday events ($300 + $30 Single Re-Entry satellites) the listed capacity is 80 plus alternates. Again, going by history, as long as you're here by the time the tournament starts you should have no trouble. But for these satties you can put your name on the list in advance by calling Playground (see the website for all details) or posting your reservation on Facebook on the Playground page where today's tournaments are posted.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Anybody want to take a road trip to Playground on a Thursday in March to play a $330 Satellite to The WPT Montreal Main Event?

They are guaranteeing 3 seats

Montreal Poker | Playground Poker Club :: Tournaments

Did you guys make it down to Playground?

How'd it go?

I'm thinking of going down later this month for the Mega Overlay....if anyone else is intersted in car-pooling.
  • I finished 10th for nothing and irunit finished 5th for $500. Top 3 got a seat as 4th got $1000

At points of the final table the average stack was less then 10bb.

Started at 8pm with 33 players and 6 re-entries for a total of 39 players. Finished around 4:30am.

I can't make the mega overlay but I plan on another Thursday day trip on April 18 for the $330 satellite again.
  • Yah it was a good format thought the final table was pretty long and gruelling and at the end there was basically no play less with 6xbb so i finished 5th 2 out of the seats. Though as soon as i busted the final four split all the pot and added an additional $500 each and bought a seat that way for $800 something.
  • Yah it was a good format thought the final table was pretty long and gruelling and at the end there was basically no play less with 6xbb so i finished 5th 2 out of the seats. Though as soon as i busted the final four split all the pot and added an additional $500 each and bought a seat that way for $800 something.

Nice run....GL next time!!
  • Just to bump the Mega Over-Lay this weekend

Expanded info they posted on FB event page:

The Party Poker Mega Overlay is 2 day mega satellite event with 3 starting days and a guaranteed overlay of 15 WPT Canadian Spring Championship seats, courtesy of PartyPoker.net!

Buy-in: $100 + $10 - 10,000 chips
    Optional Charity Add-on: $30 - additional 10,000 chips
    Blinds: 30 minutes

Day 1a: Thursday March 21st @ 7:30pm
    Day 1b: Friday March 22nd @ 7:30pm
    Day 1c: Saturday March 23rd @ 1:00pm
    Day 2: Sunday March 24th @ 1:00pm

15 Seats to the WPT Canadian Spring Championship will be added to the prize pool!!
  • Hmm, anybody thinking of a Montreal run this weekend? Play the 1c Mega overlay on Saturday then Day2 on the Sunday. Might be good fun..
  • A forumer and I were considering going, but after factoring in the 12-hour drive, overnight hotel stay, 29% rake and cold weekend forecast to Montreal, we both realized that it's just not worth it. I hate Fallsview for not hosting a WPT event! :(
    compuease wrote: »
    Hmm, anybody thinking of a Montreal run this weekend? Play the 1c Mega overlay on Saturday then Day2 on the Sunday. Might be good fun..
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    A forumer and I were considering going, but after factoring in the 12-hour drive, overnight hotel stay, 29% rake and cold weekend forecast to Montreal, we both realized that it's just not worth it. I hate Fallsview for not hosting a WPT event! :(

wimps! All decisions can't be made on just $$$... Montreal is a fun place..
  • Does anyone know what the prize pool/payout structure may be for the mega-overlay tourney this weekend? I know it says there is suppose to be 15 wpt seats.
  • It's 15 seats added. I would imagine prize pool (not charity add on) will be diveded up into seats but this is my semi educated guess.
  • Jon that's correct, the prize pool will consist of $3300 seats for the WPT Canadian Spring Championship, so the total prize pool will include however many seats that works out to PLUS 15 additional seats being added by PartyPoker.

If there are exactly 750 total entries that works out to 22 seats plus 15 = 37. In that case there would be $2400 extra in the prize pool which would be paid to players who (in effect) bubble the tournament.

Keep in mind that in large tournaments we pretty much always go beyond the base capacity numbers (in this case 250 per day one) and get a bunch of alternates into the event.
  • One more thing - I realize that to poker players it might not make much of a difference, but the $30 add-on is not rake, it is a donation to a very worthwhile organization, the Jodi Taiger Lazarus Fund for Hereditary Breast Cancer Research.

I spoke with Jodi and her husband about their work last year when I was involved in an event benefitting this organization and I was very impressed by their goals and passion.
  • The 49,500 in added value should more than compensate for even the biggest nits. You donate to a good cause and Party throws in a bunch to cover...it's win win.

I don't know how anyone would want to try to hateraid this into rake. A donation to a charity is not vig.
  • If I was able to go this weekend, I would definitely play this, just for the 15 added seats.

Instead I will have to do the 1 day road trip again on a Thursday for their $330 Satellite. Maybe take the train this time
  • jontm wrote: »
    The 49,500 in added value should more than compensate for even the biggest nits. You donate to a good cause and Party throws in a bunch to cover...it's win win.

I don't know how anyone would want to try to hateraid this into rake. A donation to a charity is not vig.

Yes it looks like I'm going to be taking a trip to Montreal this weekend. :)
  • OK so there were 324 players in last night's Day 1A of the PartyPoker Mega Overlay. Day 1B goes tonight and 1C on Saturday at 1pm. I think it's safe to assume around the same number of participants - if not more.

This projects out to 44+ seats for the WPT to be won on Day 2 (Sunday).

If you are coming from out of town, there is a $100 + $10 rebuy satellite on Sunday night (2 seats guaranteed) and the regular $180 + $20 Saturday night freezeout at 8pm.
  • How long did they play yesterday and how many did they play down to go on to day 2? Really tempted to drive down for tomorrows day 1c if I had ppl to share driving and cost. Would be fun..