LIVE! Vegas Tournaments BAP Nov 6-14, 2012

Comments

• Hmm, interesting Moose, I will certainly consider this... Thx..
  • Better descriptions of the satellites here:

Palms Poker Room | Palms Poker Tournaments

I'm strongly considering one of these, though it would be better if we didn't play on the same day.

Thursday - November 8, 2012
    12:00 PM - $200 "Heartland Poker Tour" Main Event Super Qualifier
    ($175+$25) 10,000 starting chips, 30 minute blind levels. Re-entry allowed until registration closes, space permitting. One Main Event seat awarded for every $1,750 generated in the prize pool. Any remaining prize pool is added to Bubble Qualifier. Bubble Player receives entry into Bubble Qualifier.
    3:00 PM - $375 "Heartland Poker Tour" Main Event Qualifier
    ($330+$45) 15,000 starting chips, 30 minute blind levels. Re-entry allowed until registration closes, space permitting. One Main Event seat awarded for every $1,750 generated in the prize pool. Any remaining prize pool is added to Bubble Qualifier. Bubble Player receives entry into Bubble Qualifier.
    6:00 PM - $200 "Heartland Poker Tour" Main Event Super Qualifier
    ($175+$25) 10,000 starting chips, 30 minute blind levels. Re-entry allowed until registration closes, space permitting. One Main Event seat awarded for every $1,750 generated in the prize pool. Any remaining prize pool is added to Bubble Qualifier. Bubble Player receives entry into Bubble Qualifier.
  • I am considering playing one of the 6pm super qualifiers ($200.) to the Heartland Poker Tour ME (1750.) See Moose's Vegas thread for details.
    Would it be fair for me to play that as part of the BAP if I included the ME winnings in the BAP or should it be kept separate? Looks like 1/10 get ME seat.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I am considering playing one of the 6pm super qualifiers ($200.) to the Heartland Poker Tour ME (1750.) See Moose's Vegas thread for details.
    Would it be fair for me to play that as part of the BAP if I included the ME winnings in the BAP or should it be kept separate? Looks like 1/10 get ME seat.

That's fine. Dilutes % a bit, but I'm ok with it
  • Hobbes wrote: »

+1
  • Throw me down for 1% for sweat as it looks like you may still have some and please send EMT deets. $20 + $1.50 right?

Edit: going out to play DC so might be broke later ;p
  • They didn't get it all, LMK
  • jontm wrote: »
    They didn't get it all, LMK

You are down for 1%.. Save the EMT transfer fee, I trust you... After I cash I'll just send you the difference or buy a similar sweat from you in the future.. No use giving the banks any more money unecessarily.

Just want to clarify this... I trust everyone of you who have bap'ed me here, not just jontm.. ;)

Not sure I understand the fact that it dilutes %'s... Since I'm not really into the BAP'ing scene I need english explanation...

Wouldn't the fact that you would all have the same % of any winnings in the ME if I qualify be the same thing? I'm fine either way, I could just do it on my own dime if preferred.. However I didn't want to just do it on my own without making the offer. If I then binked the ME for like $50K there might be a few forumer's pissed at me.. >:D
  • Just meant that if you are adding tournaments to the list (ie increasing BR) our overall %ages go down a bit for those that capped the $ amt.

No big deal, I trust you.
    Just meant that if you are adding tournaments to the list (ie increasing BR) our overall %ages go down a bit for those that capped the $ amt.

No big deal, I trust you.

Nope, it still will be part of the $2K cap.. That is the most I will spend on tournaments including the supersat, and refund anything less. Sound fair? ") I'm a low roller...:( My wife makes me be..

However the HPT ME (The "other" HPT) is kinda like a lottery, spend $200. on a shot at ~$50K, so each % would be worth like $500.
  • ahh ok. I thought it was outside the cap. Then by all means go go go :)
  • I'm leaning back to not playing since I don't want to spend 3+ days playing serious poker. I think you should consider the $375 sat, since 1:5 get a seat, even a 10 handed table would hand out 2 seats.
  • Thanks Comp, let me know your EMT deets and some point so I can set you up, nice having them in to book BAPS on the fly!
  • I'm just going with the flow. Whatever is decided. I've spent $40 on stupider things
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    I'm just going with the flow. Whatever is decided. I've spent $40 on stupider things

But not much right...? lol... I will likely play the super but not sure. Will go with the flow for all tournament play.. I like the flexibility of a BAP like this as I don't want to play just for the sake of playing, I want to give it the best chance of success... :) Won't be drinking instead of playing though. ;)
  • May alter my plans for Day 1 (Tuesday Nov 6). Won't be playing O8 at the Venetian 3pm that day. Instead plan to relax for the afternoon (no not getting blasted and meeting hot chicks), have early dinner at Ellis Island with the rest and then head to the Palms to play a satellite for the HPT main event.

http://www.hptpoker.com/data/heartlandpokertour/events2012/daydetail208.pdf

Soliciting opinions on these structures and buyins...

Rake looks to be reasonable, structure looks ok for satellites. Where do you think the best value lies for a player like myself.. Serious question, where is blondefish when I need him?
  • Still planning on the HORSE tourney on Tues but might pull a blondefish and play some of those $120 sngs during the week. Decent structure and top 3 win the same amount so should go quick. Tues/Wed I hope the room is busy.
  • Moved this thread to B&M section as a couple of my friends who do not have pokerforum id's want to follow this and the BAP section can only be seen by someone who is logged in. Will move it back if it becomes an issue.. or when I complete.
  • No ID=No Candy/Cookies #askted
    Moved this thread to B&M section as a couple of my friends who do not have pokerforum id's want to follow this and the BAP section can only be seen by someone who is logged in. Will move it back if it becomes an issue.. or when I complete.

#AbusingModPowers
    May alter my plans for Day 1 (Tuesday Nov 6). Won't be playing O8 at the Venetian 3pm that day. Instead plan to relax for the afternoon (no not getting blasted and meeting hot chicks),

hookers and blow are not in the 2k cap right? party on wayne. (don't see you as a Garth)
  • More of an Alfred.
  • You guys should be getting excited.... Finished 3rd last night at "The Cave" tournament, 54 runners... Meh it's only a $40. buy in but Moose and others can attest to the fact that it's a real landmine field to get through, especially in the early levels..
    My elimination hand was A,10 pushed into A,10 suited for 11BB, he made flush by the river and had me covered by 1/2 a small blind. All three of us had between 11 and 15BB so no play left at 2am...

That's the fourth live local tournament in a row that I've been in the money, oddly enough 3rd in all 4... Not big money by any means but feeling like I'm "back in the groove". Haven't felt this way for at least a year as it has been a long downswong. Well not really a downswing but haven't been making much profit at all.. Time for bigger and better things...

Oh and DrTyore, I owe you $80. Thanks for the BAP... Want to roll it into this BAP? Or I can EMT it to you today...
  • Was the BAP with DrTyore or Jenny from Miami?
  • Bwahaha... awesome!

Let it ride dad - whatever the $80 buys me is good.

Mark
  • moose wrote: »
    Was the BAP with DrTyore or Jenny from Miami?

Secrets are never told...
  • Nice going comp. As long as you don't use up all of your run good before the big trip. Please watch your drinks carefully when you are there, no roofies!