challenge: 500 $3.50 6 max turbos

since i got up early today and i'm sitting on my ass doing nothing atm, i convinced myself to start this thread. i'm not setting a time limit (as i kind of want this to be ongoing for a while) but i'll try to average 5 games per day. i'll probably play the bulk of these during the week and leave most of my weekends open for mtts.

i'll occasionally post updates here with my progress to keep my motivated. wish me luck!

Comments

• Good luck . . . your 'roids will need it.
  • Good luck Trigs. I loved the 6max turbos. That's pretty much all I played for a long time when I started playing online. Didn't have time or patience for the bigger MTTs. Now I don't even have time for the 6max's sadly.

Will definitely keep an eye on this thread. You should throw in some of the $6.50s or $7s or whatever they are now. I think they got rid of the $6.50s.
  • cheers guys.

yeah i was thinking about possibly throwing in some $7s. i want to try and keep it structured though in some way. maybe something like 1 out of every 10 games. idk we'll see.
  • Add a $ goal for more motivation!
  • Bap, or it didn't happen.
  • trigs wrote: »
    cheers guys.

yeah i was thinking about possibly throwing in some $7s. i want to try and keep it structured though in some way. maybe something like 1 out of every 10 games. idk we'll see.

500 is a big #, could do blocks of 100's with a goal in mind to move up if you hit a certain ROI
    in that 100.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Add a $ goal for more motivation!

that's not a bad idea. not sure what a good target amount would be though. suggestions anyone?
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Bap, or it didn't happen.

lol i was considering BAPing this. maybe if i get out to a good run we'll see.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    500 is a big #, could do blocks of 100's with a goal in mind to move up if you hit a certain ROI
    in that 100.

that's a good idea too.
  • not a bad start for my first 5 games especially considering the one i didn't cash in i had KK lose to AJ all in preflop with villain hitting runner runner flush. also, one of the 2nds i had AA lose to KT all in preflop as well when heads up.

Games: 5
    Total Buy-in: $17.50
    1sts: 2
    2nds: 2
    Profit: $20.78
    ROI: 119%
  • goooooooooo trigs!

Like wolffhound said 500 is a big number maybe aim for smaller to start.

Wildbill is correct, they got rid of the 6.50's as I was looking the other night for these myself. :(

But the most important thing is have fun!:)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    goooooooooo trigs!

Wildbill is correct, they got rid of the 6.50's as I was looking the other night for these myself. :(

But the most important thing is have fun!:)
    In before GTA uses the Lords name in vain and references giraffes

No. 500 is a good start towards a sample size to see where you're at with your game. It is by no means a "big number of games." Sng profits imo are based on two things. Solid fundamentals and volume. If you can nail those two things, you will do just fine.

I think 500 is a great number to aim for, trigs. It seems you don't play a ton of volume. This will be a good exercise to learn multi-tabling ins and outs. I suggest tableninja, but only if you're going to use it. Not like philli playing 1 game and using it for bet sizing lulz. :wink2:
  • reibs wrote: »
    No. 500 is a good start towards a sample size to see where you're at with your game. It is by no means a "big number of games." Sng profits imo are based on two things. Solid fundamentals and volume. If you can nail those two things, you will do just fine.

I think 500 is a great number to aim for, trigs. It seems you don't play a ton of volume. This will be a good exercise to learn multi-tabling ins and outs. I suggest tableninja, but only if you're going to use it. Not like philli playing 1 game and using it for bet sizing lulz. :wink2:

i wasn't planning on playing a lot of tables at once. i find myself too tired during the work week to focus on a lot of tables anyway. i'll probably play between 2-4 depending on how i'm feeling that day. and i do have table ninja - very worthwhile software.

like i mentioned in OP - 500 games and i'm looking to average 5 a day so 100-ish days in total, maybe 3 months. i'm trying to set up a long term goal that will keep me playing consistently.
  • I am not talking about seeing where you are at with your game regarding the 500 sample, I'm saying it's too big of a number to aim for at the beginning based on how many tables trigs can play at once or in a day.

See at a smaller amount if your not wore out or tired of playing and you still feel good about how you are playing, than go for a set number of games.

Don't want too see you get frustrated trigs, that's all!:)

As for you rookies and tableninja, it's called setting the bet sizes so it's not standard raises so your opponents can't read you, than after a bit you change the bet sizes in table ninja in case you run into the same opponents.;)

Ivey tip of the day for ya's.:biggrin2:

As for you rookies and tableninja, it's called setting the bet sizes so it's not standard raises so your opponents can't read you, than after a bit you change the bet sizes in table ninja in case you run into the same opponents.;)

Gif-s320x240-221790.gif
    I am not talking about seeing where you are at with your game regarding the 500 sample, I'm saying it's too big of a number to aim for at the beginning based on how many tables trigs can play at once or in a day.

See at a smaller amount if your not wore out or tired of playing and you still feel good about how you are playing, than go for a set number of games.

thanks philli. i don't think i'll get frustrated though. if anything i'll stop playing because i'm too lazy to play ;)
  • played a few more but that's probably it for today. gotta start drinking soon :)

Games: 10/500
    Total Buy-in: $35.00
    1sts: 4
    2nds: 3
    Profit: $34.87
    ROI: 99.6%
    I am not talking about seeing where you are at with your game regarding the 500 sample, I'm saying it's too big of a number to aim for at the beginning based on how many tables trigs can play at once or in a day.

Izreallife?
  • Games: 18/500
    Total Buy-in: $63.00
    1sts: 6
    2nds: 6
    Profit: $51.84
    ROI: 82.3%

might play a few more later tonight. my last two were 2nds and got sucked out on both times to lose. boooo!
  • better change the bet sizing soon or the regs will crush you
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    better change the bet sizing soon or the regs will crush you

thanks for the tip. my bet sizing tends to be exactly the same and mostly depends on the blind level and not position/strength of cards.

EDIT: actually i do consider stack sizes as well.

lmao
    costanza wrote: »
    lmao

:bs:
  • well there goes my rungood. rivered 4 times out of 6 games to get knocked out. 3 thirds. btw, fuck you 10 of clubs! you suck today!

Games: 24/500
    Total Buy-in: $84.00
    1sts: 6
    2nds: 6
    Profit: $30.84
    ROI: 36.7%
  • can't deny that i haven't been slacking on this challenge. definitely below my 5 games/day average i was wanting but i'm not too surprised about that.

Games: 32/500
    Total Buy-in: $119.00
    1sts: 8
    2nds: 7
    Total Winnings: $146.43
    Profit: $27.43
    ROI: 23.0%
    ITM: 44.1%

i feel like i've been getting very unlucky after my good start. at least i still have a positive ROI so far.
  • Keep it up Trigs. As long as you are in the positive, you're doing fantastic !
  • That's a solid start Trigs. Keep digging away at it.
  • okay, i admit that i haven't been focusing on these at all the last few days. just been too busy with work and other crap. i guess my motivation is lacking. it sucks but playing during the week is just really difficult for me, and the weekends i like to reserve for MTTs (since i actually have the time to play them).

this weekend i'll try to get a few more games in between some MTTs. i will have to completely ditch my 5 games a day average though as i am no where close to that. hopefully i will be motivated enough to keep this thread going.