Improve my game

2»

Comments

• 1 entry per tourney, no rebuys. Total tournaments, as many as it takes to get better.
  • In the $3.30, 3k guarantee, 1148 runners, 171 get paid. started at 4:00am.
  • Macke wrote: »
    Going out here was terrible. But folding Pre flop? I don't see why that is so bad.. unless I misunderstand something... he did have a royal flush draw

This is a joke right?

Basic pot odds alone should explain. He had to call (no I didn't recheck the numbers because i'm a lazy fuck) at best 2:1 to call on his money with the chance of being repopped. Odds of a Royal Flush? 2.x MILLION:1. Hell, even hitting his Q here which is minimum he needed to win is > 3:1 odds.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    This is a joke right?

Basic pot odds alone should explain. He had to call (no I didn't recheck the numbers because i'm a lazy fuck) at best 2:1 to call on his money with the chance of being repopped. Odds of a Royal Flush? 2.x MILLION:1. Hell, even hitting his Q here which is minimum he needed to win is > 3:1 odds.

Mark

it is hard over the internet.

the RF draw always gets a laugh
  • GL with this piggypie, stick with it.
  • Thanks Wolffhound. I'm gonna take a few days off, and get back at it Thursday night. This will give me time to get pokertracker figured out.
  • I got 11th out of over 6500 runners earlier today. $2.70 turbo ko, 10k guarnatee on stars. Good for 76$. I went in to the final 11 with 1.5 million in 3rd place, blinds were 100k-50k but was card dead. Got A 4c and jammed with 600k, but ran into A Q.
  • I got 11th out of over 6500 runners earlier today. $2.70 turbo ko, 10k guarnatee on stars. Good for 76$. I went in to the final 11 with 1.5 million in 3rd place, blinds were 100k-50k but was card dead. Got A 4c and jammed with 600k, but ran into A Q.
    Haha, good job! Going card dead is a very good sign that you have one of the best weapons in poker. The ability to fold. Keep working hard and play in position!:)
  • Bank roll=$94.17
    Buy ins=$17.47
    prizes= $0
    Bank roll=$76.70
  • No games played
  • B.R.=$76.70
    Buy in=$7.70
    prizes=$3.68
    profit=-$4.02
    B.R.=$72.68
  • piggy i think its great that you are playing mtt's (they are my game of choice too obv) but have you thought of building your roll playing sng's?

the 1$ 90 man's are super soft and what I used to build my roll. If you dont like the shove/fold+varience of turbo's there is always reg speed options as well.

just a thought.

Then again, if u like mtt's and wanna go for it then i say fucking do it lol. Play what u like to play and go for the glory of a ship lol.

gl either way :)
  • B.R.=$72.68
    Buy ins=$12.84
    prizes=$6.14
    B.R.=$65.98
  • costanza wrote: »
    piggy i think its great that you are playing mtt's (they are my game of choice too obv) but have you thought of building your roll playing sng's?

the 1$ 90 man's are super soft and what I used to build my roll. If you dont like the shove/fold+varience of turbo's there is always reg speed options as well.

just a thought.

Then again, if u like mtt's and wanna go for it then i say fucking do it lol. Play what u like to play and go for the glory of a ship lol.

You know your probably right, but I don't like the starting stack of 1500. I was just readin a post in Djgolfcan's thread about "back to pokerstar I go", and comp said something that caught my attention. It was about funding your mtt's by playing 45 man sitngo's. I think I might try it. Thanks for your advice costanza.
  • B.R.=$65.98
    Buy ins=$5.50
    prizes=$76.00:)
    profit=$70.50
    B.R.=$141.98
  • B.R.=$141.98
    Buy ins=$26.40
    prizes=$11.47
    profit=-$14.93
    B.R.=$127.05
  • B.R.=$127.05
    Buy ins=$30.80
    prizes=$28.10
    profit=-$2.70
    B.R.=$124.35
  • B.R.=$124.35
    Buy ins=$8.45
    prizes=$12.47
    profit=$4.02
    B.R.=$128.37
  • B.R.=$128.37
    Buy ins=$8.46
    prizes=$5.79
    $1.00 ko's
    profit=-$1.67
    B.R.=$126.70
  • B.R.=$126.70
    Buy ins=16.70
    prizes=0 :(
    profit=-$16.87
    B.R.=$109.83

Sorry about all the posts guys, I had to catch up my thread.
  • B.R.=$65.98
    Buy ins=$5.50
    prizes=$76.00:)
    profit=$70.50
    B.R.=$141.98

Do that one again ;)
  • costanza wrote: »
    piggy i think its great that you are playing mtt's (they are my game of choice too obv) but have you thought of building your roll playing sng's?

just a thought.

I think that this is great advice. I started just over a year ago with $150 deposit and quickly whittled it down to 50 bucks. Not wanting to ever deposit again I played the 1.50 90 man ko's then moved up to the 4.50 180 games.
    I recently started to treat myself to bigger buy ins or bigger fields and quickly move back down to the 4.50 180's when I am running bad.

I downloaded the trial version of the Pokertracker HUD and chose not to purchase it. If I was playing more than 2 tables at a time then I would probably have purchased it. The biggest thing that I miss is being able to see mucked cards after a showdown.

I received my first cheque from Pokerstars last week, while it was not huge I was thrilled to get paid for having fun.
  • I remember when I got my first cheque from pokerstars.

It's still the only one I've gotten... why didn't I cash out for 50 that one time.. why?