another JJ spot

2»

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    I'd think regs shove wider than you're describing, no?
    yup, villain is not a reg
  • darbday wrote: »
    yup, villain is not a reg

Ok, but I think most players these days would shove wider than you describe. Do you really think 44-77 and Ax (at least A9+), KQ are folding this spot? I think my range is closer than yours in describing an unknown.
    Ok, but I think most players these days would shove wider than you describe. Do you really think 44-77 and Ax (at least A9+), KQ are folding this spot? I think my range is closer than yours in describing an unknown.

+1
    not with these stats

but tell me what you think his range ended up being?

CRIS&TANI18 Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings
    not with these stats

but tell me what you think his range ended up being?

CRIS&TANI18 Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings

I think his range was what I initially described. OP doesn't know his stats at the table.
    Do you really think 44-77 and Ax (at least A9+), KQ are folding this spot?
    in order for a default villain to have these in his range he has to always be shoving them, but i think a lot of these hands he limps, mins, or raises. And sometimes shoves
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    I think his range was what I initially described. OP doesn't know his stats at the table.
    Possible OP doesn't know his stats but should incorporate them for future spots...

I think that range is too wide, i mean i will have a better read at this table, but we have to remember on randoms a lot of time they don't know what shoving is so a hand like KT won't be a shove except for the oddball who just shows up with weird shoves.

my point is that just because he shows a6o doesn't mean his range is:

Attachment not found.

but rather more like this:

Attachment not found.
  • thank you darb, thats what I was trying to say earlier

Attachment not found.

um, no.
    in order for a default villain to have these in his range he has to always be shoving them, but i think a lot of these hands he limps, mins, or raises. And sometimes shoves

Possible OP doesn't know his stats but should incorporate them for future spots...

I think that range is too wide, i mean i will have a better read at this table, but we have to remember on randoms a lot of time they don't know what shoving is so a hand like KT won't be a shove except for the oddball who just shows up with weird shoves.

my point is that just because he shows a6o doesn't mean his range is:

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

that does not make sense to me...I can see adding in a few random hands like 57 but A6o is not a random hand and that he shoves A6 means that he shoves A7, etc.

Also, saying that he will shove A6 but not 22 doesn't make sense to me.
    that does not make sense to me...I can see adding in a few random hands like 57 but A6o is not a random hand and that he shoves A6 means that he shoves A7, etc.
    K we mixed a couple things though....what I'm saying is when we see a random person shove and show a6o, we cannot conclude that a random person always shoves a6o and therefore also always shows a6o+

We have to take the hands we are very confident a random shoves and then add some randomish type bluff hands.

Now keeping that in mind, if you still think a randoms range is as wide as you describe then i think you'll be calling to loose.

But that being said I was a little biased in my range because I think of a random as a non reg....

so we can go a little looser but keeping in mind there way few good players in the field
  • um, no.
    ok i assumed the random is never a good reg which maybe you aren't making that assumption...

is it weird that im prob one of the loosest calling regs in this field?

EDIT: I think its a mistake to give villain all pairs and all aces. Again assuming we know hes not a total reg and hes just a random I think his range will be close to below. We can try to cap his range from having aa kk etc but think he shoves them at least 50% and we're better off erring on a tighter calling range anyways (vs a random|). And with this range I would add possibility for random weaker hands

Attachment not found.

• didn't read whole thread.....but this is a fist pump rejam! If your ever considering folding here, i wanna play with you more ! lol
  • thread is worth the read BTP if only for the excellent back and forth.

I can see the argument for both a loose and tight range for the player. With them being a random A6o was a surprise from so early but not totally out of reason. For the next while playing them I would give them any ace and tighten up around the non ace hands until they either demonstrated a wider or tighter range. a note like

Axo early 10BB?

where the question mark means this isn't a solidified read but seems likely.

seems to me they would over value the ace. Not sure I would give them random bluffs until they displayed it like our friend Forboon ;) range balancing isn't very common for non-regs.