Caribbean Sun Poker -> 'Roll Your Own' Freeroll, interested?

Caribbean sun poker is running a bizarre little promotion...

Is there any interest in setting one up for Pokerforum.ca on Tuesday at like 9:30pm Eastern? For every 10 players, they're going to kick in $100 into the prizepool..

PM your email addresses and I'll set it up..

I have a feeling this will be a very abused promotion, so the sooner the emails get in and I can set it up, the better.

Details posted below..

3. 'Roll Your Own' Free Roll Tournament

With the poker craze at a fever pitch across the globe, Caribbean Sun Poker has devised a way for you to capitalize on the frenzy by introducing the 'Roll Your Own' Private Free Roll*.

The concept is simple...Get nine of your poker playing buddies together and pick a night to play, and send an email to RollYourOwn@caribbeanSunPoker.com with the date** you would like to have the Private Free Roll, and the email addresses of your friends who wish to participate, and we will send you and your buddies the confirmation and the password for the private table.

As for the prize money of what you'll be playing for, we will put up $100 for every 10 players you invite.

* Free Roll means a Texas Hold 'em tournament like you see on TV, but with NO entrance fee. Meaning it's free to play, but the money you win is real.

** Must be Monday through Thursday.

Comments

• Just to clear a few things up...I need a carribean Sun Poker account (i assume) and do I need it before I reply or not? Anyway, I will reply to you through PM now and figure out the details later. Monday night is good for me.

stp
  • I would be more available on days other than Tuesday.

*Monday would work for me as well. I would also need the rest of the details.
  • I'm the same as STP, don't have an account yet, but will set it up tonight if that's ok. Sent you a PM.
  • I'm Yugo on Car Sun.
    Sent you a PM, i'm in.
  • stpboy wrote:
    Just to clear a few things up...I need a carribean Sun Poker account (i assume) and do I need it before I reply or not? Anyway, I will reply to you through PM now and figure out the details later. Monday night is good for me.

stp

Good question, I dont think you do.. all I need to do is send them an email with everyones email address and then they'll send out all the info (password et al).
  • I'm in, any date, any time after like 7pm.
  • Caribbean Sun Poker? first time heard of it :eek:

( and we gotta get rid of the santa smileys :tongue: )
  • Caribbean Sun Poker? first time heard of it :eek:
    Cryptologic network. (monthly bonuses, oh my!)
  • Im in, i think my acct name on that is SootedAK or Sootedaa, i can verify when i get home

wed-sun next week works great ( i have a 5-day weekend) :)
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Cryptologic network. (monthly bonuses, oh my!)

I hope the 'Oh my' refers to 'Oh my, that caribbean sun poker bonus sucks now'..
  • I also got an email from them, but it was promoted a 50k added tourney, 20+2 if they are down for more than 1.5 hrs in a total month, they will hold a 20+2 tourney (max 1000 people)the following month, with 50k added to the prize pool....boy i hope they crash

:)
    (also pm'd ya BBC Z)
  • BBC Z wrote:
    I hope the 'Oh my' refers to 'Oh my, that caribbean sun poker bonus sucks now'..
    not that one specifically, more the overall bonus potential of the whole network.

I actually haven't done Carib for a few months now... what has changed?
  • Hork42 wrote:
    not that one specifically, more the overall bonus potential of the whole network.

I actually haven't done Carib for a few months now... what has changed?

500 hands required now for the 40 bonus instead of 250.
  • are you sure its 500? i cleared the bonus a few days ago and it was only 250 (cleared for January)
  • Pigga wrote:
    are you sure its 500? i cleared the bonus a few days ago and it was only 250 (cleared for January)

Sigh.

http://www.caribbeansunpoker.com/promotions/index.asp#rmb

Yes I'm sure.
  • Any response from Car Sun with regards to doing our own Freeroll BBC Z?
    If you do get the 10 required, you could always email me the list as well and
    i can request one to be set up also.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Any response from Car Sun with regards to doing our own Freeroll BBC Z?
    If you do get the 10 required, you could always email me the list as well and
    i can request one to be set up also.

They are taking thier sweet time responding to me.. Will poke them again and find out, but crypto support has always left something to be desired.
  • Any luck with this?
  • Hmm.. I forgot all about it.. I'll try emailing them again....
  • Success..

They set it up for a weekend which I figured would be good for everyone..

Anyway, it's Saturday March 5th at 8:15pm ET. See you then.
  • should we be receiving an email regarding this?
    ill be in :)
  • Awesome! Looking forward to it.

EDIT: Damn... just realized I have a bachelor party then! Looks like I'm out. Have fun, guys.
  • Can you post a list of the forum players that will be playing, thank you.

stp
  • BBC Z wrote:
    They set it up for a weekend which I figured would be good for everyone..

Anyway, it's Saturday March 5th at 8:15pm ET.

Seems to contradict the initial post you made where the disclaimer said
    BBC Z wrote:
    ** must be a Monday to Thursday

??? :eek:
  • Hey, I just abuse the system.. I don't try to understand it..
  • can i still get in on this?
    i have a caribbean sun account
  • BBZ,

Please let me in on this, pokercave@gmail.com

Thanks

Redington/Tyson
  • Redington...
    Is there not a WPC event that night starting at 5:00?
  • Damn....

Wait can't I take a 'pringles can' approach and fold my way into the $?

I mean really BBZ, ScottyZ and STP are playing>>>> I like my chances with that strategy.

Ok I digest...
  • Just signed up with Carribean Sun. Looking forward to it.