heads up

13»

Comments

• trigs wrote: »

i'll help you with this one. they don't care about your criticism at all. not one bit. as you can see, some others who were trying to help also don't care about your criticism. we only care about your constructive criticism. i think that was the point others were trying to make.

there's a difference between being straight to the point and not being constructive. I'm sure people care about what I have to say, my advice is generally sound
  • Probs wouldn't be too happy if I berated everyone who posted strat in here that I thought was retarded. I'd rather try to help tho and ignore it if I think it's pointless.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    Probs wouldn't be too happy if I berated everyone who posted strat in here that I thought was retarded. I'd rather try to help tho and ignore it if I think it's pointless.

I really shouldn't feel the need to keep defending myself but this is getting silly. I read the first posts and I had a problem with them cause they seemed straightforward and resultsoriented. I posted something I probably shouldn't have and several people pointed that out, after that I spent 20 minutes writing a huge essay clearifying what I didn't have the energy to say in my first post and was met with a "nah, I'm happy now, I'll just learn this my own way" and while there's nothing wrong with that that's the attitude I had a bit of a problem with in the first place and that's exactly what I said in my next post.

how much did I really berate phil? How much do I ever berate anyone? I do often speak my mind and I may come off as harsh, but I doubt I've ever intentionally put someone down until the start of this thread, and that was because phil seems to be such a controversial poster in general that his way of thinking just annoyed me, and even then I put work into explaining exactly why that was when people went "hey, you're not being fair now" instead of just insulting and leaving
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I really shouldn't feel the need to keep defending myself but this is getting silly. I read the first posts and I had a problem with them cause they seemed straightforward and resultsoriented. I posted something I probably shouldn't have and several people pointed that out, after that I spent 20 minutes writing a huge essay clearifying what I didn't have the energy to say in my first post and was met with a "nah, I'm happy now, I'll just learn this my own way" and while there's nothing wrong with that that's the attitude I had a bit of a problem with in the first place and that's exactly what I said in my next post.

how much did I really berate phil? How much do I ever berate anyone? I do often speak my mind and I may come off as harsh, but I doubt I've ever intentionally put someone down until the start of this thread, and that was because phil seems to be such a controversial poster in general that his way of thinking just annoyed me, and even then I put work into explaining exactly why that was when people went "hey, you're not being fair now" instead of just insulting and leaving

I didn't read past your first few posts tbh and they seemed pretty unnecessary.
  • Ummm I said I was happy with the answers and can see. Why
    What had to be done.

Perfect questions to ask.

Ur just being stupid
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Ummm I said I was happy with the answers and can see. Why
    What had to be done.

Perfect questions to ask.

Ur just being stupid

Not sure if serious or just trying to provoke me
  • So got to heads up again, lasted longer for bit of a battle on this one, it was a good practice and a good one to use to go through.

Vekked/Btp

Would either one of you be o.k. with going through these heads up hands if I can figure out how to get them together for you to view?

What would be the best way to get the hands for you?
  • just post some of them on here that you are unsure of....
  • just post some of them on here that you are unsure of....

Ok thanks, I did not realize pca was going on vekked and btp, hopefully I did not disrupt ya's.:)
  • So fired up a quick game as I am not feeling well, and got to heads up again and actually won it this time!:)

Did some adjustments thanks to the talk above, prove the doubters wrong yet again:p.
    So fired up a quick game as I am not feeling well, and got to heads up again and actually won it this time!:)

Did some adjustments thanks to the talk above, prove the doubters wrong yet again:p.

must have been a European site?
  • wow, you sure proved the doubters wrong by applying what we've learned in this thread to the sit and go you just played. Lets just hope you didn't disturb vekked and btps vacations by posting itt,,,

jackie%288%29.jpg
    So fired up a quick game as I am not feeling well, and got to heads up again and actually won it this time!:)

1 out of 1....100% roi baby whoooo!!!
  • darbday wrote: »
    1 out of 1....100% roi baby whoooo!!!

LOL.:wink2:
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    wow, you sure proved the doubters wrong by applying what we've learned in this thread to the sit and go you just played. Lets just hope you didn't disturb vekked and btps vacations by posting itt,,,

jackie%288%29.jpg

We already know you don't get it.
  • Keep the posts coming Phil.Makes for some good reading. Dont be intimidated by a couple critical comments. I like seeing the hands posted and to see what other people do in certain situations.Then again I am a losing player and am trying to understand how to become a winning one. God only knows how hard i am trying and still get burnt time after time after time.If someone doesnt like a post,(especially one that is just asking for advice? or a simple "yes you played it right") then why not just move on and keep quiet? Any post in here makes for good reading,other than ones where people are critisizing and making people having to defend themselves, that makes for some shitty reading.Gets old read fast.
  • kidcolt66 wrote: »
    Keep the posts coming Phil.Makes for some good reading. Dont be intimidated by a couple critical comments. I like seeing the hands posted and to see what other people do in certain situations.Then again I am a losing player and am trying to understand how to become a winning one. God only knows how hard i am trying and still get burnt time after time after time.If someone doesnt like a post,(especially one that is just asking for advice? or a simple "yes you played it right") then why not just move on and keep quiet? Any post in here makes for good reading,other than ones where people are critisizing and making people having to defend themselves, that makes for some shitty reading.Gets old read fast.

Paragraph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • Now you are an english teacher GTA? LOL. Sorry.Will do better next time.Just for you ok?
    Keep the posts coming Phil.Makes for some good reading. Dont be intimidated by a couple critical comments. I like seeing the hands posted and to see what other people do in certain situations.Then again I am a losing player and am trying to understand how to become a winning one. God only knows how hard i am trying and still get burnt time after time after time.If someone doesnt like a post,(especially one that is just asking for advice? or a simple "yes you played it right") then why not just move on and keep quiet? Any post in here makes for good reading,other than ones where people are critisizing and making people having to defend themselves, that makes for some shitty reading.Gets old read fast.

Thanks kidcolt, I am just happy when things go right and having a lil fun in the process, why play if your not having fun as well.:)

Like I said I am not feeling too well so I played and am half drugged up.:wink2:

The good thing is I really opened up my game again in this game cause well I wanted to shut er down for the night,lol.

But besides my heads up adjustments I can tell you I stole ALOT more cause these guys were folding quite a bit, I was not as scared to take risks like bluffing with 4 2 offsuit cause I had good reads.

Just pay attention to your opponents and pick up on what they are doing cause they will just keep doing it and use that as a advantage.:)
  • Ok,Good stuff.Thx for the advice. Hope you are feeling better
    Now you are an english teacher GTA? LOL. Sorry.Will do better next time.Just for you ok?

I'm a Renaissance Man
    We already know you don't get it.

I don't get what?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I'm a Renaissance Man

i'm an english teacher if anyone needs lessons. you can tell by my use of proper capitalization. (no seriously, i really am an english teacher ;) )
    i'm an english teacher if anyone needs lessons. you can tell by my use of proper capitalization. (no seriously, i really am an english teacher ;) )

Yes, but you teach people who can't speak English...so you can skip the details.
    Yes, but you teach people who can't speak English...so you can skip the details.

lol, well some can't speak english.
    lol, well some can't speak english.

Is that before or after you teach them? What grade/courses do you teach?
    Is that before or after you teach them? What grade/courses do you teach?

i teach english and social science high school credit courses to adults. english courses are specifically grades 11 and 12 (all levels - essentials, college, and university). there are too many social science classes to list (probably 15 if i had to guess off the top of my head). most of my students fall into two categories - high school drop outs that are too old to attend high school or immigrants who need high school equivalents or upgrades.

i enjoy it. i find it very rewarding helping my students achieve their OSSDs.
  • bump for graphs