heads up

Heads up from a 18 man stt, in regards to blinds and stacks how would you play this? Shove warranted here?

***** Hand History for Game 55369735211 ***** (Poker Stars)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, January 04, 05:10:11 ET 2011
Table 349152947 2 (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Seat 7: PHILLIIVEY1 ( $5715.00 USD )
Seat 9: kingchando ( $21285.00 USD )
PHILLIIVEY1 posts ante of [$50.00 USD].
kingchando posts ante of [$50.00 USD].
PHILLIIVEY1 posts small blind [$400.00 USD].
kingchando posts big blind [$800.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to PHILLIIVEY1 [ Qd Ts ]

Comments

• shove warranted! however, im a shove happy kinda guy!
  • ship or quick poker imo lol
  • ship or quick poker imo lol

No worries coach!(be my coach you bastard) ;)

PHILLIIVEY1 raises [$5265.00 USD]
    kingchando calls [$4865.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, Ac, 7h ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 6c ]
    kingchando shows [Jd, Jc ]
    PHILLIIVEY1 shows [Qd, Ts ]
    kingchando wins $11430.00 USD from main pot
  • philliivey wrote: »
    No worries coach!(be my coach you bastard) ;)

PHILLIIVEY1 raises [$5265.00 USD]
    kingchando calls [$4865.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, Ac, 7h ]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 6c ]
    kingchando shows [Jd, Jc ]
    PHILLIIVEY1 shows [Qd, Ts ]
    kingchando wins $11430.00 USD from main pot

couldnt afford me lol
  • Definitely a shove with 7BBs Philli.

Do a good search for SAGE (Sit and Go Endgame) if you'd like a nice and simply chart for shove/fold poker when you reach HU in a SNG.
  • BuyinBank wrote: »
    Definitely a shove with 7BBs Philli.

Do a good search for SAGE (Sit and Go Endgame) if you'd like a nice and simply chart for shove/fold poker when you reach HU in a SNG.

Thanks, ya I hate heads up so just checking to see if I am at least on the right page, I might use this thread for more heads up hands.
  • couldnt afford me lol

Geez, won't even help your neighbour!;)
  • How about this one? 1 table sng, likes min raising on button with wide range, earlier he did it with K6 and I called with K8 to get back up to almost even chips. I figured a ace was alright here, maybe not?

PokerStars - Hold'em Tournament - $150/300 Blinds - 2 Players
    Hand Converter from Pokerhand.org

hero(BB): $6,235
    Mr_Jungle29 (BTN): $7,265

Pre-flop: Dealt to hero As 9s
    Mr_Jungle29 raises to $600, hero?
  • Results oriented poker ITT.

likes min raising on button with wide range,

earlier he did it with K6

Pre-flop: Dealt to hero As 9s

I figured a ace was alright here, maybe not?
    you have villains range here ..i used k6 suited, but if it was k6 offsuit then you can just make the slider wider:

Attachment not found.

his actual range might be a little different. more aces? more pairs? more suited? who knows but its a start:

Attachment not found.

We can feel like we have a strong enough hands vs his range here. Stove isn't the end all be all but its another piece of the puzzle. Also we are getting an ok price with pot odds because of the blinds and his only min raise.

Certainly we won't fold but the next question is do you 3bet or just call? Why?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Results oriented poker ITT.

There is no such thing.
  • darbday wrote: »
    you have villains range here ..i used k6 suited, but if it was k6 offsuit then you can just make the slider wider:

Attachment not found.

his actual range might be a little different. more aces? more pairs? more suited? who knows but its a start:

Attachment not found.

We can feel like we have a strong enough hands vs his range here. Stove isn't the end all be all but its another piece of the puzzle. Also we are getting an ok price with pot odds because of the blinds and his only min raise.

Certainly we won't fold but the next question is do you 3bet or just call? Why?

That is the question,lol

Also thanks for the post and your time Darb, I really like it. :)
    That is the question,lol
    if you 3bet and he 4 bet you.....would you get it in or fold?
  • Learn Nash or SAGE.
  • So from all the above, it's "still on the fence", very close situation which could have gone either way.
    So from all the above, it's "still on the fence", very close situation which could have gone either way.
    nope we are asking if you 3bet and he 4 bet you.....would you get it in or fold?
    nope we are asking if you 3bet and he 4 bet you.....would you get it in or fold?

This particular opponent, fold.
    This particular opponent, fold.
    then i think thats a waste of a9s ....instead of 3betting maybe you should just call....

and i could be wrong here but its the kinda way you want to think about hands that are too good to fold but you can't call a 4bet....
  • no 3bet folding cause only options are call or 3 bet shove.....3 bet shove is always the right answer here
  • no 3bet folding cause only options are call or 3 bet shove.....3 bet shove is always the right answer here
    isn't 20+bbs no antes a lil much?
    isn't 20+bbs no antes a lil much?

Not HU
  • Not HU
    just realized ive never heard of hu poker without antes....how many bbs with antes are you shoving here?

Thanks btp! I was kinda thinking this also but was not sure............:-\

I noticed after when I looked at the hand in hold em manager that it was 20 big blinds.
  • Ummm in a 9 man you will rarely ever have more than 20bb. If I'm 3 betting hu in a 9 man almost always be a shove. In an mtt with a9ss, it depends on opponent kind of but prob 25bb but then again depends how many bbs are in play at the time too i guess.
    then i think thats a waste of a9s ....instead of 3betting maybe you should just call....

and i could be wrong here but its the kinda way you want to think about hands that are too good to fold but you can't call a 4bet....

Ya, that's 1 area I am having problems with I think, but I can see both sides so I am or will be swaying back and forth here on this hand just to warn ya's.:)
  • Ummm in a 9 man you will rarely ever have more than 20bb. If I'm 3 betting hu in a 9 man almost always be a shove. In an mtt with a9ss, it depends on opponent kind of but prob 25bb but then again depends how many bbs are in play at the time too i guess.

I do this too, I thought this might be where I am going wrong a lot of times, but perhaps not!:)
    Ya, that's 1 area I am having problems with I think, but I can see both sides so I am or will be swaying back and forth here on this hand just to warn ya's.:)
    no no just do what btp does tho ^-^
  • Yea A9s is the nutter butters HU, probably just jam but I'd often 3-bet/call vs. aggro opponents. Calling is obv +EV but I think A9s is too good to just flat, gotta get more chips in pre.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    Yea A9s is the nutter butters HU, probably just jam but I'd often 3-bet/call vs. aggro opponents. Calling is obv +EV but I think A9s is too good to just flat, gotta get more chips in pre.

nutter butters hahahahaha, got to remember that one.:wink2:

Thanks for the post vekked.:)
  • Certainly you know shoving ranges in this spot if you've been playing sngs for years?

FFS sign up for a training site already.

c'mon man