Newer WWE thread

Comments

• Hello A-train/Albert/Lord Tensai? Welcome back to the WWE.
  • I enjoyed that rock promo. :)
  • I don't know . . . seemed like his stick work was a little off.
  • Holy crap this crowd is hot!:o
  • Well, that lasted about 5 minutes longer than necessary . . . welcome back, Brock. Guess we know what one of the WM29 matches will be, don't we?
  • OMFG THAT WAS F!@#ING AMAZING!

Where was all this awesomeness at wrestlemania!!

I still have goosebumps and that crowd was 1 of the best crowds ever.:o
  • About the only thing missing would be a "Brock lock" over an f5, much perfer a screaming cena after trying to talk how hes not going to moan and carry on. I think it took the rock to bring cena down to a level where he isnt completely depressing everytime, meanwhile borderline invincible EVERYWHERE Brock actually deserves such a credit!

That and Jericho kick falling what pretty great stuff, hope he did'nt hurt himself, I actually lol'd.
  • Brock is advertised for this eve, I hope its more than 3 minutes of on airtime.
  • Pyro fail! lol
  • Santino and the football jerseys was pretty funny ^^'
  • Brag: went to Raw at Joe Louis and Smackdown in Grand Rapids this past week, including 2nd row behind the announce table for Smackdown.

Beat: ended up getting my mug on TV... while madly chewing on my nails.

Variance: if it weren't for Matt Striker's giant head, my buddy pointing to our other friend and then making the "he sucks a lot of cock" motion would have made it on TV too.
  • Cena taking time off . . . his brother take a turn for the worse, or a new injury?
  • What a great PPV.

Everyone that should have won did.

VERY brief recap as in: I've had a few and didn't care about a lot of matches.

Overall: EVERY match got a lot of time (except really the Diva's, but who cares! AmIright?)

Kane / Orton: Decent match, but kinda defeats the purpose of a "falls count anywhere" when most of, including the end, is in the ring. Decent match though, and Orton winning is right. Kane is on that long, sad road to retirement where his character being so strong means he "scares" but loses 90% of his matches until retiring next year (I hope).

Clay vs Ziggler: I'm glad the surprise match included people I'm interested in, and not Khali or Henry!! Ziggler sells like MF'er this match, even looking strong at points (given the build for BC...). He loses at the end of it all though, and that's fine, even if they NEED to give him a high profile feud that he wins soon (DZ, not BC).

Show / Rhodes

I was probably on Rum and coke #6 here, and barely paid attention, debating the finer points of many other things. Table matches are usually dull also. The finish though was pretty great, and unique. Rhodes with the strap back is good, let this feud die. Give Show to someone like Tensai or Clay. Have Rhodes move on to Swagger to dominate, or one of the newcomers to be neck and neck like Sandow or Caesaro

Sheamus / Bryan

Dammit this was fantastic. If this was at Wrestlemania it would have been top three for most, and likely 1st or 2nd for me overall. Was sure Sheamus would lose 1st fall, but Bryan getting the DQ a 'la Angle / Lesnar Ironman (who remembers that - other than Cerebus) was sweet. Sheamus sold well, Bryan did all things well. Both guys come out looking great. Continue this feud is good, shuffle is also fine IMO.

Ugh.. Khali still makes it on TV - time to go to the bathroom..

OH WAIT! Ryback vs. the team of jobber and jobinski?

I'm liking Ryback (especially vs. Skip Sheffield). He's a monster who isn't just covering a bad work rate. Dude looks like he can go, and has CLEAR parallels to Goldberg, but younger and a better / safer worker from what I can tell. Go with this, and I would LOVE to see a build up where he keeps getting fed jobbers / "enhancement" talent until a big feu maybe at summer slam against someone like Tensai or Clay (who would be undefeated as well).

Punk / Jericho

If you didn't think this was going to be one of the top matches, go home and watch more UFC. Great effort by both guys, though, I don't know if I needed the extreme rules stip. Both hit their spots, both looked good, and even had the high spot "Macho man" moment. Pretty tired of Y2J jobbing, and would love to have him face again, but I'm sure that A: WWE needs more top tier legit heels, B: Jericho prefers being the bad guy, and C: Everyone in charge of entertainment hates me. Regardless, Jericho is Mr. Teflon, and losses slide off him and is always considered dangerous. Nice to see the Liontamer version of the Walls. Flying elbow was good, Fire extinguisher was very good, and the kendo stick escape was awesome.

Hey... Divas

Minority hottie beat ugliest twins on TV (Including the MLB Minnesota team! Zing). Good to see Layla back, but I wanted Kharma to kill someone.

Lesnar / Cena

Overall, great match. Lesnar looked devastating, and Cena pulls the Kal'el bit. I didn't like the trainers / refs tending to Cena with the colour, but I'm not sure if that was part of the plan or more of a "Holy fuck Brock, WTF" moment. Lesnar is an animal, and was portrayed as such. even the SMarks are doubting if he's off his nut or not. Cena winning is the better option over everything except maybe a no decision. However, that would upset anyone who bought it just to see BL again. By winning, it gives options for Lesnar to re-evaluate, AND they can push WWE as more difficult than UFC.

Anyways, good to see minimal Khali, no Henry. Would love more Ziggler (especially on a winning streak), and the Miz being on the pre-game is sad.

Mark
  • Might be an interesting summer actually with Lesnar in the picture there somewhere, the only downside is WWE needs someone to step it up, not just show up like Brock(I still want my Brock lock!!)

None the less, Punk and Jericho could just keep on going as well Shea and Bryan, I think someone in creative has realized Miz might be a talent, but he does not sell, the only thing that makes this guy popular to fans is him beating The King, and really thats still not the Miz drawing!

I would like to see R-truth with some of these guys say Bryan or Sheamus if it can work itself through in the summer as well course....but yes, seems like things might be on the right path, 2 good PPV in a row...will wonders ever cease!
  • main event was impressive from start to finish, great ppv imo to
  • Wonder if Mark's head exploded after the Khali/Kane match, preventing him from seeing Bryan win Monday night :)
  • As I watch ole wwe/wwf on youtube I think wow is today's wwe ever shit!.

That being said, I am really enjoying this Sandow guy on smackdown!

Ignoramus! LOL.
  • ziggler is growing on me. Watching no way out now
  • |Under 1 hour to go! weeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Lot's of rumours about tonight's big episode.
  • Haven't watched wrestling in a long time. For 1000 episode I have to make an exception. Looking forward to some of the appearances. OOOOoooooooooooYa Dig it. RIP.
  • Isn't there still someone missing from this DX bit?

Hmm..................

Mark
  • Nice intro.
  • Lita did a moonsault..wow
  • Not too bad overall I guess, It's midnight and I am still watching so it must be alright,lol.

Some spots were a lil ugh I guess.

wtf at no Stone cold!
  • Kick ass show overall. Ending was great as it was totally not what I expected.
  • Finally I get some punk cena action again. Milestone episode was pretty epic
  • Smartest thing on the show...

Cena losing with the MITB suitcase. It had to happen sometime. Having it go 10/10, and build several credible main event stars (Edge, Punk, Bryan) and some not (Swagger, Miz) was a great run for the, what, 8 years they been doing this? But also, Cena is Mr. Teflon, the guy's so over he can lose every match he's in and still be cheered.

Mark
  • Bwahahahaha, the titantron caught on fire!

But that means no pyro now. :(
  • that's randy orton, will you look at that ^^'

Wonder if he can recover well enough to get back to full force and stamina