Other Series During the WSOP

13»

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    I've got them in front of me, says they are $125/175/225/525/1030, 15 min blinds for the 1st 3, 20 for the higher 2. The starting chips are 1K/1K/1K/2K/5K. All start at 25/25 except for the 1030 which is 25/50.

Some additional info, there are $65. and $125's running as well. What needs to be figured out is what is the most +ev to play because I would imagine that the smaller ones have a higher % vig.
  • Looking at my WSOP strategy sheets, unlike Fallsview ex-WPT satellites, Rio's WSOP satellite rake is pretty constant at $10, $13 or $15. For example, the same $15 is taken from the $235 as the $2,050 satellites, so the rake goes down from a beatable 6.8% to an unbelievable 0.7%! "cheers:

That is why I am thinking of bringing the $10K limit across the border, but I don't think that is enough bankroll to grind the highest-EV $1K-2K satellites unless I find a staker down there who really wants to win a seat to the Main Event but knows that he's not an above-average satellite player.
    compuease wrote: »
    Some additional info, there are $65. and $125's running as well. What needs to be figured out is what is the most +ev to play because I would imagine that the smaller ones have a higher % vig.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Right now I'm booked at Bellagio from July 2nd to July 7th, and then Venetian from July 7th to July 9th

someone knows how to live in Vegas! well done sir! Why did I go to Vegas in March again??
  • It actually made more sense for me to go that route than taking the 8 night of hotel from PokerStars at the Palms. For the same number of nights, I'm using up 800 of the 1K I got from Stars in lieu of the hotel room, and I'm staying at better hotels (in better location). The only thing I lose out on, is that I will have to pay more assuming I make it past day 3, but by then we'll be close to the money (if not ITM) so I won't worry too much about paying extra
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    someone knows how to live in Vegas! well done sir! Why did I go to Vegas in March again??
  • westside8 wrote: »
    It actually made more sense for me to go that route than taking the 8 night of hotel from PokerStars at the Palms. For the same number of nights, I'm using up 800 of the 1K I got from Stars in lieu of the hotel room, and I'm staying at better hotels (in better location). The only thing I lose out on, is that I will have to pay more assuming I make it past day 3, but by then we'll be close to the money (if not ITM) so I won't worry too much about paying extra

I promised myself I would stay at the Venetian next time I was in Las Vegas; pokerJAH don't slum :)
  • Going into day 2 of ceasars deep stack with 257k with 27 people left. We start up again at 2PM vegas time or 5PM est time. Twittering all the way through.
  • gl, been following your tweets. NJ so far
  • bump

is there a decent site that lists all the poker tournaments running during at the same time as the 2010 WSOP?

Blondefish, your not making the trip this year to the main event? 2010 is your year... got a feeling :) just like :) England :) winning the world cup!!
  • World Series of Poker
    Venetian Deep Stack
    Aria Classic
    Binion's Poker Classic
    Golden Nugget Grand Poker Series
    Caesars Palace Mega Stack
    Bellagio Cup

Las Vegas Poker Rooms Reviews, Tournaments, No-Limit Holdem is probably the best site for this info.
  • To compuease or anybody else, are these WSOP satellite details available anywhere online? I phoned the WSOP, but they refused to post or email the satellite structures. :(

I finally threw away my strategy sheets from 2009 earlier this year, :redface: so I'll have to redo them. The satellite details will probably be available at the Rio satellite room starting on May 27, but I want to finish all my poker homework before leaving for Las Vegas.
    compuease wrote: »
    I've got them in front of me, says they are $125/175/225/525/1030, 15 min blinds for the 1st 3, 20 for the higher 2. The starting chips are 1K/1K/1K/2K/5K. All start at 25/25 except for the 1030 which is 25/50.