Other Series During the WSOP

Comments

• I'm looking to book a 1 way flight out either June 30/July 1/July 2, and will book my flight out depending on when I bust from the ME. If I bust after day 1, not sure if I will stay around until UFC 100 as it is 1+ week of layoff.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I'm looking to book a 1 way flight out either June 30/July 1/July 2, and will book my flight out depending on when I bust from the ME.
    You're going to stay all the way until November? :) lol, think positive young man, think positive...... When you make final table we're all booking flights to rail you.... on CPF's credit card of course!
  • Hey Guys... As a fellow Canadian poker player, I lurk and read alot of the threads on this site, but do not contribute very often or as much as I should.

Just wanted to post and say that I am going down again this year... I would prefer to go down from June 28 - July 3/4 and play Event #54, but it does not look good for my schedule.

So, I am probably going down from June 19 - June 24 and will play Event #39 plus a deep stack event at Caesars or Venetian. Question - what do you think the average number of players will be in the deep stack events? I played the Venetian Deep stack ($550 event) two years ago and I recall that there were 339 players. Do you think they will be closer to 500 in the field now? I had read somewhere that the Venetian was now dedicating more space and tables to these events. I recall two years ago some tables were in this smaller roped off-section that was away from the main poker room..
  • Question - what do you think the average number of players will be in the deep stack events? I played the Venetian Deep stack ($550 event) two years ago and I recall that there were 339 players. Do you think they will be closer to 500 in the field now? I had read somewhere that the Venetian was now dedicating more space and tables to these events. I recall two years ago some tables were in this smaller roped off-section that was away from the main poker room..
    Have a look here and you will find all sorts of discussion about all the deep stack tournaments and all things Vegas...
    Las Vegas Poker Rooms Reviews, Tournaments, No-Limit Holdem

I believe they have had some that have approached 700 already.

I am going June 17-25th, playing event 43, where are you staying? Have you thought of playing any of the Golden Nugget or Binions events?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Have a look here and you will find all sorts of discussion about all the deep stack tournaments and all things Vegas...
    Las Vegas Poker Rooms Reviews, Tournaments, No-Limit Holdem

I believe they have had some that have approached 700 already.

I am going June 17-25th, playing event 43, where are you staying? Have you thought of playing any of the Golden Nugget or Binions events?

Thanks for the information. I will check out that link. I have never actually made it down from the Strip to Binions to play in their poker room (where it all began). I will check out the details using the link posted by BlondeFish.

I will be staying at Caesars, regardless of when I go down.
  • From what I have heard, Venetian has been getting 500+ players each day, as oppose to the 100 or so Ceasar's been getting.
    From what I have heard, Venetian has been getting 500+ players each day, as oppose to the 100 or so Ceasar's been getting.

I can confirm, just got back....Venetian deepstacks I believe have all been 500 +.

Also have a 7pm for $120 they had 200+ everytime I played.
  • Maybe it's karma... came into work today and a few things have moved around so I might be able to go down for Event #54. I should have this firmed up in a day or so and will book my trip. Otherwise I will stick with the June 19 plans...

Just checked Expedia again and I can get flights (Ottawa - Chicago - Vegas) plus 4 nights Caesars for $900 all-in. I could get less by booking hotel direct, but I might pay for the one-stop-shop convenience.

Regardless of when I go down, I would be glad to meet up with any forum members for a beer/poker. It looks like several members are playing Event #54.
  • I'm confirmed and booked for June 28 till July 2 (end of day, as I am coming back on a Red Eye that night). So I will definitely play Event 54.

Ended up booking my hotel directly with Caesars through my Total Rewards players card and got a Deluxe room for approx $30 a night.

The Ottawa Chicago flight was full, so I am now flying Ottawa - Denver - Vegas and come back on a red eye Vegas - Newark - Ottawa.

Good luck to all going down.
  • I was originally booked for just 7 nights, but I got an offer for two free nights at another hotel chain, then a forumer wants me to go three days earlier so I am now looking at staying in Las Vegas for at least 13 days. Here is my tentative itinerary.

June 26, Friday: travel with forumer from Toronto airport & arrive in Vegas in the morning.
    Take rental car to Rio for WSOP registration and play a satellite.
    - June 28: stay 3 nights at Binion's.
    June 29-30: stay two free nights at another resort.
    July 1-8+: Monte Carlo suite.
    July 5, Sunday: Play Day 1C of the Main Event.
  • Are you trying to satellite into Event 54?

I was going to hit the Rio on Sunday early evening to pay my registration for Event 54 and beat the Monday morning lineups. But I was thinking that I might try a satellite, if there is one, prior to registering...
  • blondefish
    who are you flying with on the 26th?

crazykoby and myself leave the 26th morning with air canada
  • Just as I advised the poker tour when I won my WSOP seat last year, make sure you register for the $1,500 WSOP events at least the night before. You don't want to risk waiting until the morning only to find out that the event is totally sold out, just like the two final $1500 events were last year. So the following is my advice for anybody that hasn't prepaid for the busy WSOP events on June 27 - July 6.

1) The day before, ask at the cage how many seats are left.
    2) Play a satellite.
    3) If you don't win your satellite, please see me at the Rio satellite room so I can trade any lammers I have. :) I plan to wear a white PartyPoker cap and black "REDHOT" jacket.
    4) Use the lammers to pay for your seat before the day is over.
    5) Try to find out where your table is and plan for the crazy morning ahead.
    Are you trying to satellite into Event 54?
    I was going to hit the Rio on Sunday early evening to pay my registration for Event 54 and beat the Monday morning lineups. But I was thinking that I might try a satellite, if there is one, prior to registering...
    SteveKerr wrote: »
    who are you flying with on the 26th?
    crazykoby and myself leave the 26th morning with air canada
    After I have confirmed the dates with PartyPoker, the hotel, etc., I'll contact you.
  • see you in vegas!
  • Anyone up for an informal get together on July 2nd or something?
  • I'm willing to volunteer as the social coordinator for forumers since I'll probably be the easiest to find - just look for me at the Rio satellite room between June 26 - July 5 for any of the following:

- exchange room extension numbers to keep in touch.
    - eat together at any restaurant at the Rio or elsewhere.
    - go together to any party we find an invite to, e.g., 2+2, PokerStars, Everest, Bluff, PocketFives, etc.
    - exchange table numbers so we know where to rail.
    - I will try to post news and updates given to me in the forum.
    westside8 wrote: »
    Anyone up for an informal get together on July 2nd or something?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I'm willing to volunteer as the social coordinator for forumers since I'll probably be the easiest to find - just look for me at the Rio satellite room between June 26 - July 5 for any of the following:

- go together to any party we find an invite to, e.g., 2+2, PokerStars, Everest, Bluff, PocketFives, etc.

I will be at the 2+2 on July 3rd for sure...and I'm guessing Everest on July 4th as well.

After that I don't really know...I get in July 2nd in the morning, so will probably hit up one of the mega-satellites at Rio or the satellite room after dropping off my bags.

Right now I'm booked at Bellagio from July 2nd to July 7th, and then Venetian from July 7th to July 9th (will extend if necessary). Will have my cell on me and working - might try to get a pay as you go card or something when I arrive, if not will probs just use my phone if the pay as you go card is too expensive.
  • I'm at Monte Carlo from the 2nd, late, till the 9th. Will prob hit up Caesars on the 3rd, ME on the 4th, and then whatever from then on. P5 party is on the 1st so we'll miss that, I'll find out if the Bluff party is still a go.
  • Bluff party is thurs 2nd at Sapphire. Same details as last year.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Bluff party is thurs 2nd at Sapphire. Same details as last year.

Official? I haven't seen anything on the forums yet

3) If you don't win your satellite, please see me at the Rio satellite room so I can trade any lammers I have. :) I plan to wear a white PartyPoker cap and black "REDHOT" jacket.
    4) Use the lammers to pay for your seat before the day is over.
    QUOTE]

LOL... Is there a 5 - 10% discount on lammers for PokerForum members...?
  • As you guys are the veterans of the Forum, setup a time that works for you and I will try to join, if possible. I am only there until July 2 - my flight is sometime around 11pm that night.

I can certainly PM my cell to BlondeFish or others to help stay in touch and share table numbers at the events.
    I'm willing to volunteer as the social coordinator for forumers since I'll probably be the easiest to find - just look for me at the Rio satellite room between June 26 - July 5 for any of the following:

See you there :)
    Official? I haven't seen anything on the forums yet

Yeah I just talked to Eric
  • The June 26 flight sold out, so I now plan to fly a day early. I first thought that 14+ days would be too long, but since the WPT NAPC is dead :'( along with its +EV satellites, I don't mind camping out this year in the Rio satellite room instead. I've started doing my satellite analysis, and they seem even more +EV than Fallsview. I am tempted to skip to the $1,030 - $2,035 satellites but the bankroll nit in me may make me chicken out to just grind the $65 - $435 satellites.

June 25, Thursday: fly Air Canada with forumer StinkyFingers again.
    - June 28: 4 nights at Binion's with rental car.
    June 29-30: I had an offer for two free nights at any Harrah's resort and surprisingly, Rio is not sold out despite the busiest time at the WSOP, so I chose its $110/night Premium Studio Suite for free.

June 25 - July 4: please say hi at my office ;) at the Rio satellite room.
    July 1: P5 party
    July 2: PartyPoker Pool Side party and/or Bluff party at Sapphire
    July 3: 2+2 party
    July 4: Everest party
    Mike Sexton Suite: happy hour every night on July 3-6; final farewell get-together on July 7.
    BlondeFish wrote: »
    July 1-8+: Monte Carlo suite.
    July 5, Sunday: Play Day 1C of the Main Event.
    LOL... Is there a 5 - 10% discount on lammers for PokerForum members...?
    In the Vegas poker community, satellite lammers are treated like cash game chips. When a player is lining up to pay for a tournament and there is a seller offering lammers, the player simply gives cash or chips to the seller instead of to the cage. When I grinded the satellites at the Venetian during the forum group trip in the fall, satellite lammers were continually being exchanged and it was always at 100% face value just like a cash game chip and nobody ever asked for a discount.
    June 25 - July 4: please say hi at my office ;) at the Rio satellite room.

In the Vegas poker community, satellite lammers are treated like cash game chips. When a player is lining up to pay for a tournament and there is a seller offering lammers, the player simply gives cash or chips to the seller instead of to the cage. When I grinded the satellites at the Venetian during the forum group trip in the fall, satellite lammers were continually being exchanged and it was always at 100% face value just like a cash game chip and nobody ever asked for a discount.

Seriously, I was not really asking for or expecting a discount, hence the "LOL" at the beginning of that question... From what I have heard they are pretty easy to sell. I did read some threads on another site about the Rio trying to crack down on people selling them right at the cage, but I don't think that they can actually stop it.

I hope to drop by your office. :)
    The June 26 flight sold out, so I now plan to fly a day early.
    I fly back the evening of the 25th, come a day earlier ( June 24th) and catch my final table at the Seniors........
  • Hey Buddy, what are the buyin levels for the satellites again? I'm posting from my BB and the WSOP don't seem to have it (or I'm just blind)
    Hey Buddy, what are the buyin levels for the satellites again? I'm posting from my BB and the WSOP don't seem to have it (or I'm just blind)

I've got them in front of me, says they are $125/175/225/525/1030, 15 min blinds for the 1st 3, 20 for the higher 2. The starting chips are 1K/1K/1K/2K/5K. All start at 25/25 except for the 1030 which is 25/50.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I've got them in front of me, says they are $125/175/225/525/1030, 15 min blinds for the 1st 3, 20 for the higher 2. The starting chips are 1K/1K/1K/2K/5K. All start at 25/25 except for the 1030 which is 25/50.

Thank you sir